Flannagan makes demands...

Old July 30th 05, 11:29 AM
Helen Miles

Default Flannagan makes demands...

As you know, a while back I had foster kittens with very bad flu, who
all found great homes. The people who adopted the pair of kittens
Flannagan and Lola, have had me on "speed dial" on their phone as they
had never had cats before and ring me up for advice fairly regularly.

This morning, I was woken by my phone at about 6am. I wasn't best
pleased to be woken up by it ringing as I had a late night last night.
Caller display, however, showed it was the people who adopted my kittens
and I thought it was an emergency so answered it.

When I answered it, all I got at the other end was loud frantic meowing
from 2 kittens. Then after about a minute, the adoptive mom came on the
line appologising profusely. Turns out, that Flannagan had tried to wake
her for breakfast, she had ignored him because he was too early for
feeding, and so he'd thrown a hissy fit and jumped on the phone..... to
his foster mom.

Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)

Huffy

Old July 30th 05, 12:29 PM
Adrian

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

ROTFL
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Warning! - This newsgroup may contain nuts....

Old July 30th 05, 12:37 PM
jmcquown

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

I've heard of cats dialing the phone before, and also of cats fascinated by
the answering machine and people calling so their cats can hear their
voices. Never heard of one calling to complain to foster mom about a
feeding schedule! Too funny!

Jill

Old July 30th 05, 02:49 PM
Marina

Helen Miles wrote:

Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)

LOL! I wonder if Tiger taught them this. After all, he has been ringing
after food, too, hasn't he?

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old July 30th 05, 03:35 PM
Karen

Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)

Huffy

OMG!! You have to send that to some magazine!!! What a great story!

Old July 30th 05, 05:19 PM
Helen Miles

"Marina" wrote in message

LOL! I wonder if Tiger taught them this. After all, he has been ringing
after food, too, hasn't he?

Quite possibly. He's done it to pet sitters more than once!

Helen M

Old July 30th 05, 06:47 PM
Irulan

Helen, good gracious, you train them too well. g
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
news:8dbc9170ef660b3ea86094b3895c481a.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old July 30th 05, 06:57 PM
wafflycat

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:8dbc9170ef660b3ea86094b3895c481a.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)

Excellent ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old July 30th 05, 07:26 PM
CATherine

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:29:52 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

Now, I know that as foster mom I agree to keep a space open for any cat
who needs or wants to come home if they've been adopted out, but having
the cat ring me up in purr-son to complain about the living conditions
and feeding schedule is a first! ;o)

Huffy

That is hilarious! Have you ever talked to them over the phone before?

--
CATherine
Old July 31st 05, 01:40 AM
Sam Nash

[...]