Wet Kitten Alert!

Old January 3rd 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Wet Kitten Alert!

Well, kittens are kittens, you know, which means they are sometimes a
bit lacking in the smarts department.

Kate and Jack, in addition to the above, are also fascinated with
water. They're in the tub, the sink, back to the tub, back to the
sink. They get water all over their little paws and track it
everywhere, oblivious to the fact that they are a teeny bit wet.

So I decided to take a bath last night, with the kittens roaming
around. Of course they were curious, and peered over the side of the
tub wondering what the silly human was doing sitting in a big, giant
vat of water.

You don't have to be psychic to guess what was coming next.

Intrepid Jack the Explorer got a wee bit *too* curious, and took a
leap into the full tub of water.

I'm not sure how he managed to mostly stay above water. I'm beginning
to think he can *walk* on water almost! But there he was, standing
there for a few seconds, in the bathtub, with a look on his face like
"Do I like this? Did I do that? I didn't do that! I don't like
this!"

Flumpftht. He jumps out of the tub.

Being fully wet myself, I yell downstairs to DH: "Wet kitten alert!"
He duly comes upstairs with a few paper towels, just enough to get a
few drops of water off Jack's belly. I suggest an actual towel might
be more helpful, and he wraps Jack up in one like a swaddled baby, and
rubs his legs and belly mostly dry before Jack decides he has had
enough of this and bolts off, still intrepid, but a bit cleaner.

Wonder when Kate will take the plunge?

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old January 7th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wow, was this a really bad story, or what? Zero responses. Did I
become invisible suddenly? Knock, knock. Helloooo? Am I here?

Ginger-lyn
just fooling around

Old January 7th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
wow, was this a really bad story, or what? Zero responses. Did I
become invisible suddenly? Knock, knock. Helloooo? Am I here?

Ginger-lyn
just fooling around

That happens with me sometimes too Ginger-lyn. In fact there are times when
I post several things and get no responses or maybe only one reply. Of
course, egomaniac that I am, I start to think that everybody here hates me
and have killfiled me and want me to go away and never post here again.
While that may be true of some of the people here, I don't think that this
is always the case. I think it's just that sometimes I hit a time period
where nobody posts, or somebody else has posted something more important or
more urgent to them than my little story (and that's how it should be, of
course), or maybe it's just a day or two in a row when everybody is just
busy with RL and can't take the time to post a reply.

Please know, however, that I read all the posts here and appreciate all the
stories even when I don't have time to post a reply.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 7th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What a great story! Soncek being the wise old kitty that he is stays
away from the tub when it is full of water.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old January 8th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I read your story, Ginger-lyn! I just have a bad habit of not
commenting on most of the stories I read. I actually have to remind
myself to post more replies or else I wouldn't post any. I'm just lazy.
But your story was very cute and I liked it :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old January 8th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-07 20:13:40 -0600, "badwilson" said:

I read your story, Ginger-lyn! I just have a bad habit of not
commenting on most of the stories I read. I actually have to remind
myself to post more replies or else I wouldn't post any. I'm just
lazy. But your story was very cute and I liked it :-)

That is me too, plus I have not been online much with my Christmas
break as I am getting computer fatigue. I want to see pictures of Kate
and jack someday.

Old January 8th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 08 Jan 2006 04:25:07 GMT, wrote:

wrote:

wow, was this a really bad story, or what? Zero responses. Did I
become invisible suddenly? Knock, knock. Helloooo? Am I here?

Actually, I didn't see your original post. So that's why I didn't reply.

Could you post it again?

Thanks,
Joyce

Here 'tis.

Old January 8th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:13:40 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

I read your story, Ginger-lyn! I just have a bad habit of not
commenting on most of the stories I read. I actually have to remind
myself to post more replies or else I wouldn't post any. I'm just lazy.
But your story was very cute and I liked it :-)

Thanks, Britta.

I have to admit I'm bad about that, too. lol! So I guess one of my
resolutions will have to be to post more replies to stories :-)