sick with worry about my older cat

Old February 27th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default sick with worry about my older cat

My older cat - think she's around 12 years- has been getting worst with
breathing problem the last week.
She constantly has a gasping sound plus tries to cough and not as active
as she was.

Thinking it might be severe hairballs- she's a long hair- as we change
their food from Science Diet with hairball control to Innova but just a
vet and they said it doesn't sound like hairball problems.

Her appointment is for this Wednesday just for a general check up
because I am on a fixed income and can't come up with the money for more
detailed tests up front. I've noticed she doesn't lay on her back that
much as this is one of the questions nurse ask me.

My male cat is doing fine though no problems.
Both cats are strictly indoors and haven't been around other cats the
ten years we have had them.

Can anyone give me an idea just what may be happening with my beloved
female as I know vets will order every test in the books for money which
sadly I don't have.
She's still eating normaly.

TIA-email welcome

Old February 27th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"ms. tonya" wrote in message
[...]

She just needs a chest xray--she probably has asthma and it is easily
controllable. You could have her for another ten years if this is what
it is. Xrays for cats are not that expensive. Treatment for my cat
is a Depo Medrol shot 2-4 times a year, about $25 a shot. There
are other options, including kitty inhalers and pills. Asthma is only
deadly if left untreated. Spring for the xray if you love this cat--
there is always a way, as you know. It it is asthma it is easy to see.
If not, perhaps whatever it is will show.

Old March 4th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Nothing is ever simply in my house hold it seems.

Took her to vets today and had chest x-rays, she has a canerous mass
near heart plus, vet said 6 months to one year left maybe.

Taking tranq's and going to bed.

Old March 4th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

ms. tonya wrote:
Nothing is ever simply in my house hold it seems.

Took her to vets today and had chest x-rays, she has a canerous mass
near heart plus, vet said 6 months to one year left maybe.

Taking tranq's and going to bed.

So sorry.

Worried Sick About Sammy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 57 August 24th 04 12:00 AM
Worry Worry LOL Cat anecdotes 54 June 18th 04 04:58 PM
New development in Sick CAT Gia Cat health & behaviour 8 January 5th 04 05:24 AM
Sick kitty Draco Ravenloft Cat health & behaviour 18 November 27th 03 03:47 AM
Help with sick kitty Karen Chuplis Cat health & behaviour 5 August 22nd 03 10:57 PM