[OT] I am scared

Old March 16th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] I am scared

I had cycst showed up in ultrasound. My gynecologist
ordered a second ultrasound and it was gone. That happened twice.
So don't worry and just wait see what your gynecologist say.

Winnie

wrote in message
Last week, I had a CT scan of my abdomen; they were thinking I may
have gallstones.

They did the scan of my entire abdominal area, including pelvis.

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

Anybody here have experience with this?

Ginger-lyn
off to find a referral to a gynecologist

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)

Old March 16th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I am scared

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:51:18 -0800, -L. wrote:

wrote:
Last week, I had a CT scan of my abdomen; they were thinking I may
have gallstones.

They did the scan of my entire abdominal area, including pelvis.

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

Anybody here have experience with this?

I have polycystic ovary syndrome. Most women at one time or another
get ovarian cysts. Most resolve on their own - some need surgery.
If you are prone to them you might want to be on birth control pills
when/if you are not actively trying to conceive. usually they will
tell you to "just wait and see" how it resolves - if you have more or
severe pain or cramping, call your doctor.

I would be more concerned about the gall stones. I had one and didn't
even know it until I was sent to the ER with bile duct obstruction -
which was incredibly painful (8-9/10 on the pain scale for most people,
I am told). I would get that puppy yanked if you can afford to have
the surgery. They do it laparoscopically and the recovery is 4-6
weeks.

Good luck,
-L.

The new method of GB surgery shortens the time considerably. A neighbor
was up and around right after the surgery. I was talking to an old friend
a couple of days ago. Her 45 year old son walked to the store on the
second day to get some meds.

I, of course, had the op the old fashioned way and was in the hospital
for 12 days. I was back to work in four weeks/

good luck for whatever you have to go through. Remember to walk, it makes
you recover faster.

Old March 16th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Not only have I had experience, it was recent. Had laparoscopy on Feb.
17. It was not nearly as bad as the pain from the cyst, believe me!

My cats are even smart enough not to jump on my tummy at the moment!

If you want to write me privately, please do:

Cantate

Old March 17th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I don't blame you for being scared, this kind of thing is not fun. But
it may turn out to be nothing, and others with more experience than I
have already advised you not to worry about it any more than you can
help. I hope it turns out to be nothing.

Melissa

Old March 17th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

mlbriggs wrote:

The new method of GB surgery shortens the time considerably.

Total recovery time is 4-6 weeks though. At least that is what they
told me.

A neighbor
was up and around right after the surgery. I was talking to an old friend
a couple of days ago. Her 45 year old son walked to the store on the
second day to get some meds.

I had it done last fall. I was up the next day, and went home that
day, too. You can walk and stuff - just no heavy lifting, etc. They
tell you not to lift anything over 10 lbs for 4-6 weeks. I had to take
care of DS when I got home, so I didn't have any choice. I have
adhesions because I didn't follow the no lifting rule.

-L.

Old March 17th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I don't blame you for being scared, this kind of thing is not fun. But
it may turn out to be nothing, and others with more experience than I
have already advised you not to worry about it any more than you can
help. I hope it turns out to be nothing.

Melissa

Try not to be scared. Several friends have had ovarian cysts and from
them I heard:
1. Can be very painful, off and on.
2. Could interfere with conception.
3. Have *nothing* to do with cancer.
Hang in there till your doc tells you more....I was thinking US
is very informative about them, but maybe they've got better
CT these days.