Fired

Old July 14th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
:-\)Liz

Default Fired

My brother quit the week before he was going to get laid off and because he
quit, he was denied unemployment, though he had worked there 12 years! He
tried a appeal and was denied.....Really, really sucks as he wasn't and
isn't in a very good place mentally.... :-) Liz

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:633f95d8c3783@uwe...
I must admit I knew it was coming.

I got taken into a meeting, ostensibly to discuss the numerous postings I
had
tried to make to other positions. Instead I was told that the call center
environment is not a good fit for me, and that they would be happy to
accept
my resignation rather than have to terminate me; in return, I would be
given
a severance of close to two grand and confidentiality if and when someone
may
call for references. I don't know if I'm being a jackass or not, but I
took
it. It's all rhetorical, it's a firing, no matter what kind of pretty
language you want to wrap it in; and no matter how flowery the wrapping
and
how bright the bow, the package is still full of bullsh*t.

So I am out, for better or worse.

I knew something was in the works today; Stosh came into the bedroom after
got up, agitated as all hell, tail low; and when I gave him a pet, he
jumped
back in such a fright that he scared Brandy in turn, and she landed on my
husband's tuchus with claws fully out. They *know.* I don't know how, but
they know.

Purr then, and purr loudly: I'm fired. I need a job. Anyone in the market
for
me?

Blessed be,
Baha

Old July 14th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:633f95d8c3783@uwe...
I must admit I knew it was coming.

Been there and I know how crappy it feels. Even if you hated the job. (I
did) Even if you probably should have quit sooner (I should have). Even if
it was the right thing for you and for them. (Certainly was in my case)

Still, fired is fired and it feels like ****.

For a while. Then you realize you don't have to think about them and worry
about them any more. You start to get this funny feeling and on closer
examination you realize you feel -- free.

Things really do have to get better. So let them.

Jo

Old July 15th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Job-finding purrs are on the way. I think you were smart to take their
deal. If you'd refused, they would have either made your life on the job
miserable or terminated you without the severance pay. I hope you can find
a job where you're appreciated.

Joy

Old July 15th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:53:17 GMT, "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe
yodeled:

I must admit I knew it was coming.

I got taken into a meeting, ostensibly to discuss the numerous postings I had
tried to make to other positions. Instead I was told that the call center
environment is not a good fit for me, and that they would be happy to accept
my resignation rather than have to terminate me; in return, I would be given
a severance of close to two grand and confidentiality if and when someone may
call for references. I don’t know if I’m being a jackass or not, but I took
it. It’s all rhetorical, it’s a firing, no matter what kind of pretty
language you want to wrap it in; and no matter how flowery the wrapping and
how bright the bow, the package is still full of bullsh*t.

So I am out, for better or worse.

I knew something was in the works today; Stosh came into the bedroom after I
got up, agitated as all hell, tail low; and when I gave him a pet, he jumped
back in such a fright that he scared Brandy in turn, and she landed on my
husband’s tuchus with claws fully out. They *know.* I don’t know how, but
they know.

Purr then, and purr loudly: I’m fired. I need a job. Anyone in the market for
me?

Blessed be,
Baha

Purrs for you to land on your feet.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 15th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon

Dear Liz,
Very sad to hear about the termination. Never is easy on anyone.
I've been fired from more than a couple jobs. Each time, another
better job came along in a couple weeks.
I've been fired from restaurants, repair jobs, and likely some I
can't remember off the top of my head.
I was just fixing a cooler today. For a restaurant in Ontario, NY.
They need a chef, and also a waitress. 20 to 30 hours a week, and you
need to work weekends. Does this uniform look good on you?

http://angam.ang.univie.ac.at/class/...%20working.jpg

(hope that you consider this funny).

Life has a fantastic way of getting even with people after awhile.
Now, you are free to look for the job that you deserve. Where people
are polite, and treat you well.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Old July 15th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote:

I got taken into a meeting, ostensibly to discuss the numerous postings I
had tried to make to other positions. Instead I was told that the call center
environment is not a good fit for me, and that they would be happy to accept
my resignation rather than have to terminate me; in return, I would be given
a severance of close to two grand and confidentiality if and when someone may
call for references. I don't know if I'm being a jackass or not, but I took
it.

It sounds like you made a good decision to me. You won't get unemployment
benefits this way, but it'll be much, much better for your job-hunting.

I'm sorry that you are now facing financial uncertainty, and I know how
that feels. Purrs for you to find a great job ASAP!!

However, I'm not sorry to hear that you are out of *there*. When your
ex-boss (now, doesn't that sound great, EX-boss?? ) said the call
center wasn't a good fit for you, s/he was right. It wasn't! I was
really worried about you, about what that job was doing to your mental
health. I don't say this lightly, either - you seemed to be going down
a dangerous path from the stress.

I got fired once, many years ago. I was very upset, and cried when he
told me. However, once the shock wore off (a few days later), I suddenly
realized that I wouldn't have to go back there again, and was flooded
with joy. Wheeeee, happy dance!!! I really was quite miserable there,
and therefore, was unable to do a very good job - and they knew this. So
in the end, it wasn't such a big surprise that I got canned, and the
outcome from it all was that I ended up changing careers and being much
happier.

I wish you luck in your search for something better!!

Joyce

Old July 15th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Fri 14 Jul 2006 03:53:17p, Baha via CatKB.com wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:633f95d8c3783@uwe):

Purr then, and purr loudly: I'm fired. I need a job. Anyone in
the market for me?

Ah, Liz, I'm so sorry but we are sending purrs that this is a
blessing. I know you've been as unhappy as I've been, but I know I'd
freak out too if I had to leave when it wasn't my desicion. But,
I've been there, and it opened the door to somehting better way back
then, so I hope it does the same for you.

--
Cheryl
Old July 15th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

[snips]

No cluons were harmed when "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote:
I must admit I knew it was coming.

I got taken into a meeting, ostensibly to discuss the numerous
postings I had
tried to make to other positions. Instead I was told that the call
center
environment is not a good fit for me, and that they would be happy
to accept
my resignation rather than have to terminate me

Want to form a club (evil grin)? My position was terminated today
because the part of the business I code for is going away.

Good luck, hugs, and lots of purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old July 15th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote:
Purr then, and purr loudly: I’m fired. I need a job. Anyone in the market for
me?

I'm sorry that you lost your job. On the other hand, some time off
might be healthy and give you a chance to think about what you really
*want* to do.

Old July 15th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Purrs from across the pond for the perfect job.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com