Fire purrs update

Old October 26th 03, 01:31 PM
Nan

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 07:02:43 GMT, "Yoj" wrote:

..

Oh, no, Joy, that must be so scary. Purrs that the fires don't get any
closer to you.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Thanks, Marina. I *think* I'm pretty safe. If the fires got near
enough to me to be a real danger, they would have destroyed more homes
than we have lost in fires for many, many years. Still, it is
uneasy-making, and Lindy is pretty antsy. I suspect it is because of
the smell of smoke. Skeeter is just sleeping on my bed.

The Allons, TN furkids are sending firefighter purrs to you, too, that

Old October 26th 03, 01:52 PM
Victor Martinez

I was just watching it on TV last night, it's really scary. Purrs to
those affected.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 26th 03, 02:19 PM
JBHajos

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:01:03 -0700, Dan Mahoney
wrote:

Here's an update on the fire situation.

Many purrs and prayers from here for all to be safe and the fires
are controlled soonest.

Jeanne
Old October 26th 03, 03:47 PM
Annie Wxill

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
....... You know, there's a whole world of difference between watching a big
fire on TV and having to evacuate a family member whose house is
directly imperiled.
Dan

As a former resident of Riverside, Calif., I know how terrible those winds
can be. Now that we live in a hurricane zone, and having evacuated once and
prepared a couple of other times, I agree that there is an enourmous
difference in watching the news and experiencing it. It's so hard deciding
what part of your personal history to take and what part to leave behind.
Of course, the first thing we make room for is the kitties.
We're sending prayers and purrs to you and your family and all others
affected by this fire.
Annie

Old October 26th 03, 03:50 PM
Annie Wxill

"Yoj" wrote in message
..
I'm about 15 miles or so from a fire in Ventura County. It isn't close
enough to be visible, much less a danger, but before the sun went down,
3/4 of the sky was filled with smoke, and the sun was blood red. ...
Joy

We are sending preventive purrs that the fire will not get any closer to
you.
Annie

Old October 26th 03, 03:56 PM
Annie Wxill

"Yoj" wrote in message

I have been sympathizing all along, but now I'm getting closer to really
understanding the feeling. I just found out a little while ago that the
fire in Ventura County is a lot closer than I thought. ...
Joy

Joy,
I can say from experience that if you have to evacuate and there is even the
slightest doubt in your mind about their reaction, put the cats in their
carriers first thing. Then pack up anything else you will take. That way you
will have the cats ready to go when you need to get out and won't waste time
trying to hunt them down and get them in the car.
Annie

Old October 26th 03, 04:52 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

wrote:

Here's an update on the fire situation.

The Old fire has burned way across the mountains, is out of control, and
has destroyed homes. I just finished evacuating my mom over to my
brother's place - the fire was at that time about 1/2 mile from her
house. My son evacuated his mom to her mom's place, and helped them get
the RV loaded - the fire was about 100 yards from his mom's mom's place.

The fire is now about 1/2 mile from my brother's house, so we're
watching carefully. It's about a mile from us. We're getting the kitties
packed up now along with our essentials.

You know, there's a whole world of difference between watching a big
fire on TV and having to evacuate a family member whose house is
directly imperiled.

Dan

{{{{Dan}}}} Purrs that all your family and friends and all furbeings
will be well, and all the domiciles will survive this conflagration.

Ginger-lyn

Old October 26th 03, 04:54 PM
fuga =^o^=

Dan,

Purrs on the way to your family. I cannot even begin to imagine how
stressful and scary this is. If you can please keep us posted.

Huggs,

fuga

Old October 26th 03, 05:08 PM
Daniel Mahoney

Prayers on their way to you all!!!!!!! For your safety, the safety of your
homes and for a really good downpour of rain.

I'll be thinking of you. Please keep us updated if you can.

Judith

Thanks for everybody's concern, and for the highly effective purrs!
We're all safe here. Over 250 homes were destroyed, but of the people
in my circle of acquaintances the only one to lose a home was my
ex-MIL. Her entire neighborhood has been destroyed, with the exception
of one house at the very end of the street.

Our kitties and house are fine, brother's kitty, dog and house are
fine, mom's dog and house are fine.

The fire is still burning. In fact, the Old fire has met up with
the eastern front of the Grand Prix fire. To top it off, someone
lit a fire outside of Crestline (about 5 miles north of the origin
of the Old fire), and that's now burning out of control.

Now we'll jusr keep our fingers crossed for a nice, heavy rain storm
to move through the area later today...

Dan

Old October 26th 03, 06:01 PM
SUQKRT

In article ,
"Yoj" wrote:

A mobile home park three miles from me has been evacuated, and if I walk
along the side of my house, I can see flames on the hills to the north
of me.

Joy

Oh dear! Purrs that you stay safe.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.

Fire purrs, please Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 24 October 24th 03 09:47 PM
Fire purrs jen.d Cat anecdotes 12 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM
Purrs for a special lady's cat - update wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX Cat anecdotes 2 August 17th 03 10:00 AM