Well, I didn't expect this

Old July 16th 08, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Well, I didn't expect this

The other night, Miranda came inside after I had gone to bed. She was
soaking wet and shaking her back legs in that extremely annoyed manner
that comes after the 'I meant to do that' lick isn't quite enough. It
would seem that she is the one who went for an unintended swim first. Or
at least fell into some shallow water.

Of course, then she got into bed with me to dry off...

Old July 16th 08, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

The other night, Miranda came inside after I had gone to bed. She was
soaking wet and shaking her back legs in that extremely annoyed manner
that comes after the 'I meant to do that' lick isn't quite enough. It
would seem that she is the one who went for an unintended swim first. Or
at least fell into some shallow water.

Of course, then she got into bed with me to dry off...

Well, cats always have to one-up each other, or at least copy each
other. Why should Caliban get all the attention, after all?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 16th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:06:43 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Marina wrote:

The other night, Miranda came inside after I had gone to bed. She was
soaking wet and shaking her back legs in that extremely annoyed
manner that comes after the 'I meant to do that' lick isn't quite
enough. It would seem that she is the one who went for an unintended
swim first. Or at least fell into some shallow water.

Of course, then she got into bed with me to dry off...

Well, cats always have to one-up each other, or at least copy each
other. Why should Caliban get all the attention, after all?

On one zoo visit a couple of years ago, I found that the cougars had been
given a beach ball. The cougar enclosure at the Nashville Zoo is on a
slope, with a man-made stream leading down to a shallow pool at the
bottom of the enclosure. One of the cougars was playing with the beach
ball, and it kept getting away and rolling downhill into the water. The
cougar would wade in after it, with the same "Ick! Water!" leg-shakes
described above, and then, a couple minutes later, the ball would be back
in the water again. The cougar finally lay down on top of the ball as a
way of making it stay put. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any sign of a
cat-toy in the cougar enclosure since then.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 16th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Marina wrote:

[...]

The actress Tippi Hedrin ("The Birds") has a sanctuary for large cats about
an hour or so away from me. It is called Shambala. It is open to the
public (for a fee) one Sunday a month. I visited it a couple of times. One
of the workers there showed us a large enclosure that contains both lions
and tigers (ones that can get along with each other, of course. They have
bowling balls to bat around. The lions love to bat the balls, but hate
water. The tigers love water. When the lions start playing with a ball,
the tigers will try to get it, then bat it into a small pond in the
enclosure. It has been done enough times they can tell it is deliberate.

Joy

Old July 17th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

. ..

Marina wrote:

[...]

I was about to say that the Bronx Zoo tigers have a multimillion-$$$
habitat, and it is strewn with what look like giant cat toys-- balls, tires,
what-have-you. It looks something like your basic cat slaves' house, except
on a much bigger scale. The male tiger, Sasha (multiple winner of New York
Magazine's Best Zoo Animal designation, for his endearing personality)
frequently walks around with a giant rubber ball in his mouth.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old July 17th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Marina wrote:
The other night, Miranda came inside after I had gone to bed. She was
soaking wet and shaking her back legs in that extremely annoyed manner
that comes after the 'I meant to do that' lick isn't quite enough. It
would seem that she is the one who went for an unintended swim first. Or
at least fell into some shallow water.

Of course, then she got into bed with me to dry off...

Don't tell Mir that I laughed.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old July 16th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl P. wrote:

Marina wrote:
The other night, Miranda came inside after I had gone to bed. She was
soaking wet and shaking her back legs in that extremely annoyed manner
that comes after the 'I meant to do that' lick isn't quite enough. It
would seem that she is the one who went for an unintended swim first. Or
at least fell into some shallow water.

Of course, then she got into bed with me to dry off...

Even the best of us can slip occasionally! There have been times when
all the cats I've lived with have made me wonder why on earth people
describe cats as graceful as I watch them misjudge a jump or position in
an unusually messy fashion! None of mine have fallen in the ocean (I
suspect merely from lack of opportunity) but Betsy (RB) lost her balance
while batting at bubbles and fell in the bath. I was in the bath at the
time, lying back with my eyes closed trying to use a hot bubble bath as
a kind of treatment for a very stressful day. We had a few exciting
minutes - I swear that cat levitated! I don't recommend the sudden
addition of a cat to a bath as a method of relaxation therapy!

But where would you expect her to dry off? I mean, the bed has all these
nice dry pieces of cloth that could be specifically designed for soaking
up excess water from a cat's fur! G

Not to mention the nice, warm human. Unfortunately, this involves a
heat transfer that might be less comfy for the human. (Second law of
feline thermodynamics: all heat flows to the cat.)

--
Joyce ^..^

So what does the kid expect? wafflycat Cat anecdotes 3 June 7th 06 08:43 AM
there, go expect a goldsmith Jimmie Cat health & behaviour 0 September 16th 05 05:40 PM
i am monthly new, so I expect you Beth Cat anecdotes 0 September 13th 05 04:20 PM
What did I expect?? O J Cat anecdotes 0 March 27th 05 09:20 AM
FLUTD and what to expect????? afr Cat health & behaviour 23 November 24th 03 06:05 AM