Oh Great this is all I need now

Old November 23rd 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Default Oh Great this is all I need now

Ka' Shay started going in heat today. She is the most talkative furball
that we have ever had when it became this time. The poor thing does not
know what to do with herself. Off course it is a load of entertainment for
the boys; who are all fixed. They are trying to figure out what her problem
is. She is doing her best to get their attention and they could care less.

A little help please it has been almost 8 years since the last female
( LIMO ) went into heat. What to expect from this furball. Does someone
have the links to some articles I can look at to refresh my mind. I am too
tired and worn out to go searching my self. Too much stress and problems
going on here. I never had to worry about this at the shelters the
furballs were taken care off ASAP back than.

Old November 24th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catjoy via CatKB.com

Hi,

Being in heat is stressing for cats. Don't know your circumstances, but is
there a reason why kitty isn't already spayed?

At any rate, because the cat wasn't fixed before, you should get your cat
spayed. Just phone the vet and ask when would be an appropriate time. Some
will do it while the female is in heat, others will suggest you wait until
after she's finished her current heat cycle.

Let us know what happens and good luck.

Old November 24th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

She is just now 6 months as of 3 days ago. We usually get them done about
at 6 months not before.
I have not had a female cat for over 8 years so it is my stupidity for
forgetting about them going into a early heat. Limo was handled by my
elderly mother so I had no idea when she was done but according to mom and
the vet. Limo never went in heat before she went in at 6 months. The last
female cats that lived in our house from kitten to adult was almost 20 years
of age and passed away this year. Her sister was 18 when she died and her
brother was 17. They all went in at 6 months.
To be honest this caught me off guard with everything going on here
this was the last thing I was thinking about was a possible early heat. I
am only human and allowed to make mistakes.
The rest are all inside cats and were fixed at 6 months of age. The
appointment was already scheduled for this coming up week; in fact this
coming Monday morning at 9 am. That is why I said "Oh great this is all I
need now "in the header

Now If I am correct a first heat last for about 3 or 4 days up to a week.
Right? That was the help I was looking for on what to expect

Old November 24th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"Catjoy via CatKB.com" u26588@uwe wrote in message
Hi,

Being in heat is stressing for cats. Don't know your circumstances, but
is
there a reason why kitty isn't already spayed?

And owners. No real circumstance stupidity if that counts, Money is far
from a problem. The only thing is the stress going on we have always got
the furballs done about 6 months old. Kay' Shay's 6 month birthday was on
the 11/21. This week coming up she was already scheduled for a visit; in
fact it was Monday morning at 9 am. That is why my Subject in the post says
what is says

What I was looking for is some information to help me out I am too stressed
and no patience to start searching everywhere.

How long does a typical first heat last from what I remember it is a 3 to 4
days

Old November 24th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Eva Quesnell

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Matthew wrote:

And owners. No real circumstance stupidity if that counts, Money is far
from a problem. The only thing is the stress going on we have always got
the furballs done about 6 months old. Kay' Shay's 6 month birthday was on
the 11/21. This week coming up she was already scheduled for a visit; in
fact it was Monday morning at 9 am. That is why my Subject in the post says
what is says

What I was looking for is some information to help me out I am too stressed
and no patience to start searching everywhere.

How long does a typical first heat last from what I remember it is a 3 to 4
days

OK, I looked it up for you. The site I went to said -- brace yourself --
that it last for 15-22 days. OMG! It's been so long since I had that
happen that I couldn't remember. These days, most vets recommend spaying
a kitten at 3 months of age to avoid this kind of thing.

Eva
Old November 24th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"Eva Quesnell" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Eva she is still going in on Monday maybe Tuesday no matter what. I
will have the vet take all the precautions that he can but it needs to be
done. I am not worried if it takes more money just if it is more of a
danger to her.

Great cat name Caroline S. Cat anecdotes 6 July 12th 05 01:15 AM
great..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 June 16th 05 08:00 AM
Otis and the Great Pyrennes Susan M Cat anecdotes 19 June 14th 05 03:55 PM
Great site for cat lovers The Cat Album Cat health & behaviour 0 May 8th 05 10:13 AM
The Great Cockroach Caper CatNipped Cat anecdotes 59 April 22nd 05 01:47 AM