Our New Jungle Gym

Old November 16th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Our New Jungle Gym

"outsider" wrote in message

I hope those window valances are strong.

Yep, they're nailed down pretty good. I also like this jungle gym
because it's very well made, and it's very sturdy. Besides anchoring
one end in the ceiling, the pieces are heavy enough that they don't
tip over even when Ozzy (13 pounds) comes running full tilt across the
great room and hits the tree about mid-way up, followed by Archer (12
pounds) running after him and hitting the same spot that Ozzy was in -
then both boys scampering/climbing to the top when Sammy (20 pounds)
comes running after them both and hits the same spot. All of them,
including 7.5 pounds Jessie), can run, jump and climb all across the
top of it without it tilting over (Demi doesn't get that rambunctious,
but she can lay in the sun in her soft hammock *almost* undisturbed
while the rest scramble around her).

Hugs,

CatNipped

It looks great.

I have a smaller unit which has 1 hammock and after almost a year the
brothers are just checking it out. One of them climbed in for a few
seconds but they have not commited to it yet. If those valances have
tops maybe one of your crew will take a snooze up there and that would be
a great picture.

Andy

No, they don't have tops - they're just a "U" type configuration, but Jessie
has walked across one, balancing like a tight-rope walker.

Jessie and Ozzy in particular love this tree - their previous favorite spot
was the top of the refrigerator, but this perch is higher than that!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 17th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:48:33 -0600 from CatNipped
:
This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled - much!!!
;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

Nice pictures, but one of those cats is really weird looking -- the
white one with the floppy black ears. :-)

How much did that jungle gym set you back, if you don't mind my
asking?

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Old November 17th 08, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Average Joe

Hey CatNipped... I saw the pics of your new Jungle Gym, looks great! I
read in one frame where you mentioned a temporary clock you need to
replace... the link below will take you to a clock site that has the
absolute *purrfect* clock for you! For any cat lover really, but I think it
would fit well in that room... they come in many colors, but you may have to
locate it where the clowder can't swat it!

http://www.kit-cat.com/

Enjoy

Old November 17th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:48:33 -0600 from CatNipped
:
This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
much!!!
;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

Nice pictures, but one of those cats is really weird looking -- the
white one with the floppy black ears. :-)

How much did that jungle gym set you back, if you don't mind my
asking?

$289 on eBay - shipping was free, but since we live in the same state as the
dealer we had to pay tax on it so it came to $312. We ordered it on
Thursday morning and it came via FedEx on Saturday morning - not bad for two
huges boxes that weighed over 130 pounds!

Hugs,

CatNipped

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Old November 17th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Average Joe" wrote in message

Hey CatNipped... I saw the pics of your new Jungle Gym, looks great! I
read in one frame where you mentioned a temporary clock you need to
replace... the link below will take you to a clock site that has the
absolute *purrfect* clock for you! For any cat lover really, but I think
it would fit well in that room... they come in many colors, but you may
have to locate it where the clowder can't swat it!

http://www.kit-cat.com/

Enjoy

LOL! That is a "purr"fect clock, isn't it?!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 17th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote
Thanks! BTW, it's been a while since I've seen pictures of your two -
you're slacking girlfriend! ;

It's true! I will have to work on that!

Re the jungle gym - I know you have a large house too, so in case you're
interested... I was really surprised at how little it cost (relatively,
anyway, compared to much smaller, more cheaply made cat trees). We got it
on eBay (a "buy now", not a bid) for $289 (you can bid on it too, but that
ends up being more because then they charge you for shipping). We had to
pay taxes because we're in Texas as is the dealer, so it came to $312 -
but that included free overnight FedEx shipping (yay, we didn't have to go
pick up those two large, heavy boxes at the post office!). We bought it
online on Thursday morning and it arrived Saturday morning!

You're so smart, I wanted to know how much but thought it would be rude to
ask. I think your price, with shipping, seems fair. I would pay as much as
$500 for this. It's really cool.

Old November 17th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Stan Brown" wrote

Nice pictures, but one of those cats is really weird looking -- the
white one with the floppy black ears. :-)

You ass. That is Catnipped most beautiful cat, in my opinion. And her ears
are not floppy.

Old November 17th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Stan Brown" wrote

Nice pictures, but one of those cats is really weird looking -- the
white one with the floppy black ears. :-)

You ass. That is Catnipped most beautiful cat, in my opinion. And her ears
are not floppy.

ahahaha. I thought you were talking about Jessie. I went back and looked and
saw the Snoopy toy. Sorry. I am such a dork.

Old November 17th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

[...]

I don't think you could beat that price anywhere. I was expecting it to be
pretty flimsy and that we'd have to "shore it up" a lot. But it's really
sturdy and well made - pressed wood, of course, but very heavy, and there
are no exposed nails or staples. The bolts they used are very large
diameter (1/4", I think) and long enough (about 6" deep into all the poles)
to really hold the pieces together well. I can't say enough about it - I
was *very* pleasantly surprised by the construction. You know if it can
hold up under my over-sized, rambunctious clowder it can hold up to
anything!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 26th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stampir

Sammi is a BIG cat. Is she a Maine Coon? Although Big Red is
bigger he weighs in at nearly 25 pounds, but he's also overweight.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped