Bandit's Second Burn

Old March 16th 05, 01:28 PM
CatNipped

Default Bandit's Second Burn

I need you guys' help. The vet told me to watch the burn closely for any
change of color or appearance and if there is I was to take her in right
away so they could do surgery. Well, the burn looks different than it did,
but it might be that it's getting better. For those who can take the
grossness, please take a look and let me know what you think.

Here are the pictures I took right after I found the second burn:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Second_Burn/

Here are the pictures I took just a minute ago after I washed the burn
(which is why her hair is wet) and right before I put the Silvadine on it:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Second_Burn/

You know, I talk about how bad Bandit is, and it's true, she's bad...
*BUT*...

For the last two weeks I've been wrapping her up in a towel and shoving
awful tasting liquids into her mouth every 12 hours. I've been opening her
mouth and throwing bitter pills down her throat every 8 hours. I've been
holding her down and spraying water on an extremely painful burn every 6
hours and then rubbing stinging paste into the burn afterwards. I've been
tying a ridiculous bright blue collar around her neck that makes her trip
over her own feet. I keep taking her back to the TED who did these awful
things to her!

And as *soon* as I put her down on my bed after any of those things she
waddles over to me, gives me head butts and starts purring.

It's very, *VERY* humbling!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old March 16th 05, 01:38 PM
I.P.Freely

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I need you guys' help. The vet told me to watch the burn closely for any
change of color or appearance and if there is I was to take her in right
away so they could do surgery. Well, the burn looks different than it

did,
but it might be that it's getting better. For those who can take the
grossness, please take a look and let me know what you think.

Here are the pictures I took right after I found the second burn:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Second_Burn/

Here are the pictures I took just a minute ago after I washed the burn
(which is why her hair is wet) and right before I put the Silvadine on it:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Second_Burn/

Was sitting here wondering why I couldn't see any difference before I
noticed you've put the same URL twice.
--
I.P.Freely

Anonymity is synonymous with longetivity

Old March 16th 05, 01:38 PM
CatNipped

Sorry, I posted the same link twice, here's the corrected one.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...cond_Burn_Now/

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old March 16th 05, 03:09 PM
I.P.Freely

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Sorry, I posted the same link twice, here's the corrected one.

Here are the pictures I took right after I found the second burn:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Second_Burn/

Here are the pictures I took just a minute ago after I washed the burn
(which is why her hair is wet) and right before I put the Silvadine on it:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...cond_Burn_Now/

Looks better to me, less read & angry. Does it feel any cooler?

Old March 16th 05, 03:23 PM
CatNipped

"I.P.Freely" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Sorry, I posted the same link twice, here's the corrected one.

Here are the pictures I took right after I found the second burn:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Second_Burn/

Here are the pictures I took just a minute ago after I washed the burn
(which is why her hair is wet) and right before I put the Silvadine on

it:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...cond_Burn_Now/

Looks better to me, less read & angry. Does it feel any cooler?

I don't know - I don't touch it except to put the Silvadine on it (and only
after washing my hands for 2 minutes beforehand). I spread the Silvadine
pretty thickly, so I can't tell anything about the temperature of the burn.
I'm so afraid this one will get infected like the last one that had to be
removed surgically that I'm trying to keep it as germ-free as possible.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 16th 05, 03:35 PM
I.P.Freely

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"I.P.Freely" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Oops cringing at my spelling mistake above (red not read), lol

Well redness is usually a sign of infection and the second photos look far
less red than the first set. Mind you it would also depend on how 'wet' the
skin is from washing. I think the second set of photos shows quite an
improvement though, however IANAV.

Old March 16th 05, 04:29 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-16, CatNipped penned:

For the last two weeks I've been wrapping her up in a towel and shoving
awful tasting liquids into her mouth every 12 hours. I've been opening her
mouth and throwing bitter pills down her throat every 8 hours. I've been
holding her down and spraying water on an extremely painful burn every 6
hours and then rubbing stinging paste into the burn afterwards. I've been
tying a ridiculous bright blue collar around her neck that makes her trip
over her own feet. I keep taking her back to the TED who did these awful
things to her!

And as *soon* as I put her down on my bed after any of those things she
waddles over to me, gives me head butts and starts purring.

It's very, *VERY* humbling!

Sounds like you've been accumulating a large number of meowmie brownie points
for a long time! She trusts you, and I'm sure she has every reason to do so.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 16th 05, 04:51 PM
-L.

Diane wrote:

The fur's growing back pretty healthily, which is another sign the

skin
is recovering.

It still doesn't look quite like a burn to me, but what do I know?

--
http://www.slywy.com/

I agree on all points. if it was infected, it would be hot, red, and
swollen.
I still can't understand how she got burned on her tummy and back, but
not elsewhere - even if the thig was wrapped around her, which BTW, I
have never heard of any vet doing. It just doesn't add up.

-L.

Old March 16th 05, 05:39 PM
CatNipped

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Diane wrote:

The fur's growing back pretty healthily, which is another sign the

skin
is recovering.

It still doesn't look quite like a burn to me, but what do I know?

--
http://www.slywy.com/

I agree on all points. if it was infected, it would be hot, red, and
swollen.
I still can't understand how she got burned on her tummy and back, but
not elsewhere - even if the thig was wrapped around her, which BTW, I
have never heard of any vet doing. It just doesn't add up.

-L.

I agree, it's puzzling, but I don't know what else to think. I'm assuming
she was on her back on the heating pad while they were doing the dental
cleaning and on her belly on the heating pad while she was recovering. *OR*
the second burn happened when they were doing the surgery on her belly (if
they lied to me and did have her on a heating pad while they were doing that
surgery).

Do you have any idea on what else could have caused it?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 16th 05, 05:58 PM
Karen

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Diane wrote:

[...]

It's usually overrun by Puppy blizzard crap, but it would be intersting IF
you could get any speculation out of the vets over there from all the
pictures.