More on Pirate

Old November 27th 03, 04:33 PM
Christine Burel

Default More on Pirate

Well, I've been pretty caught up in caring for cat and sick kid stuff this
week but here's where things are so far:

Last Sunday, I visited Pirate's potential new home and I feel pretty hopeful
that it'll be a good place for him. We set up a time for doing the kitty
transfer for this coming Sunday morning. I was able to borrow a cat playpen
from a cat rescue group that Diane and George (the new Pirate parents) can
borrow for a few weeks to help him acclimate.

Two days ago, though Pirate wouldn't eat his food and I hurried him over to
the vets -- he was very constipated, which I suspected and after we talked
about it decided to sedate him, give him an enema (poor baby), fluids, and I
had them shave some very bad mats off him. And I brought him back home that
night. The enema helped but apparently he still has some back-up inside and
since he's been back, he still hasn't passed much of anything (sigh). So,
yesterday I got some Lactulose liquid from the vet and was dreading trying
to syringe it into his mouth but managed to sneak it into his food instead.
So I know this sounds stupid but could you all please purr for the Pirate
guy to succesfully poop before it comes time to take him to his new home on
Sunday!!!!

Megan also suggested I give him some squash baby food and so far I've
managed to get him to eat a little of it.

I have to confess, though, since Pirate has been staying in the kitty condo
in the spare bathroom in our bedroom he has become the most sweet and
darling purr machine; I want so much for all to work out for him; he's a
love. Please keep those purrs a'coming.

Thanks so much for reading this,
Christine

Old November 27th 03, 06:36 PM
Marina

"Christine Burel" wrote

I have to confess, though, since Pirate has been staying in the kitty

condo
in the spare bathroom in our bedroom he has become the most sweet and
darling purr machine; I want so much for all to work out for him; he's a
love. Please keep those purrs a'coming.

Many purrs coming over for the pooper to start working, and the new home to
be his forever home. Nikki's often a bit constipated when we get home from
the island (I think it's the long trip - she often has to spend up to 5
hours in the carrier), but I give her a tablespoon of ordinary cooking oil,
which usually helps (though TED says it shouldn't help at all, but I suppose
no-one told Nikki).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 27th 03, 07:28 PM
Karen

in article , Christine Burel at
wrote on 11/27/03 9:33 AM:

[...]

Purrs a coming! After an enema, I imagine it might be a while before he has
something to go! Keep us posted.

Karen

Old November 27th 03, 08:16 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:33:05 -0700, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear that Pirate's home hunt seems to be coming to an end, and
many purrs that this will turn into his onetruehome.

Poop purrs coming as well
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 27th 03, 09:20 PM
lewe

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for things to get better and for that Forever Home

--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old November 27th 03, 10:50 PM
polonca12000

Purrs for Pirate to stop being constipated and enjoy his new onetruehome you
have found for him,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
Well, I've been pretty caught up in caring for cat and sick kid stuff this
week but here's where things are so far:

Last Sunday, I visited Pirate's potential new home and I feel pretty

hopeful
that it'll be a good place for him. We set up a time for doing the kitty
transfer for this coming Sunday morning. I was able to borrow a cat

playpen
from a cat rescue group that Diane and George (the new Pirate parents) can
borrow for a few weeks to help him acclimate.

Two days ago, though Pirate wouldn't eat his food and I hurried him over

the vets -- he was very constipated, which I suspected and after we talked
about it decided to sedate him, give him an enema (poor baby), fluids, and

had them shave some very bad mats off him. snip

Old November 27th 03, 11:23 PM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

[...]

Purrrrrrrrring for poops!
Old November 28th 03, 01:47 AM
Gizela

Pooping purrs for pirate....

Also, new home prayers as well!!

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

Old November 28th 03, 06:57 AM
LOL

[...]

Poor Pirate! We are sending purrs that his tummy troubles get
straightened out asap, and many, many purrs for all to go well in
getting him to his forever home.
------
Krista