Another forward

Old September 4th 05, 08:31 PM
Nanny

Default Another forward

As I'm at the other end of the world the only thing I can do is forward news
about Katrina's victims I get on groups or lists to other groups and lists.
Hope you don't mind.

Please feel free to cross post.

Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 10:22:41 EDT
Five_State_Rescue - $500 REWARD for return of SNOWBALL to his young owner -
New Orleans

I had nightmares last night after reading about a tiny white Bichon being
torn from a little boy's arms because it was not allowed to get on a rescue
bus.

This dog may end up in a shelter, rescue group, or found by an individual.
If this dog can be returned to the little boy and confirmed, I will pay a
$500 reward.

Billie Sue Bruce
276-346-4257
I have contacted every organization that i can come across. My dog is
boarded at Dr. Mike's Animal House at 1120 N. Rampart in the French Quarter
across from the louis armstrong park b/n canal and esplanade - he is on the
second floor - there are at two other animals being boarded there and no one
can find out any information.

My dog is nietzsche - he is a 10 year old mixed pointer, white with
brown/black brindle spots - i have attached what little pictures i have of
him with me, everything i own is still in new orleans.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Limor Ben-Maier
561)504-3294

I have 4 cats to be rescued from our home in Uptown New Orleans at 1821
Milan St.(near Napoleon and St. Charles Ave.) I have the key and will be in
the area and can meet rescuers with the key, come with them, AND help them
rescue other pets. I have 2 sets of chest waders with me, although my
street supposedly has very little water, and St. Charles has none. We are
desparate for help!! Please contact me at 504.858.9119 cell, or
337.942.2886. Thank you, Ann Chaney

We were out of town when the New Orleans area had to be evacuated. That
keep us out of harm's way but left my dog to take care of himself. He was
being watched by a neighbor while we were gone but we haven't been able to
reach the neighbors so Skiddles' status and/or whereabouts is unknown.

Skiddles is a mixed breed dog of average size (about 45 pounds) and has the
head and chow of a Chow but the hair of a collie or shepherd. He is kind of
rust colored with darke patches on him. He is a good natured dog but scared
of strangers and may act aggressively until approached. Once approached by
a strangers, he usually backs down and tried to hide.

He was in the back yard at house which is located at 3617 E. Loyola Drive in
Kenner. I am 1 block east of Kenner Regional Hospital and 1.5 blocks north
of W. Esplande (the hospital is on the corner of Loyola Drive and W.
Esplanade). The gate on the left side of the house has a padlock on it but
it isn't locked...it is just turned to look locked. Skiddles will probably
be in the back part of the house where our laundry room is.

My cell number is 504-813-3961 but I am only receiving text right now and my
email address is
.

Any help locating and saving Skiddles would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Michele
7436 Hurst Street
New Orleans, LA 70118
Contact info:
504.495.1460 mobile
713.828.6125 cousin here in houston, with whom we're staying

Pet: 2 year old, tortoise shell-colored outdoor cat. Left outdoors, she
often lives underneath our house.

Thank you,
Richard McCarthy
----__________________________________________________ ___________________

I left behind my Calico cat that goes by the name "Q" A/K/A "Q-Bird" A/K/A
Quiltsy at 2026 Chestnut St., New Orleans, LA 70130. She was wearing a red
and black collar with a 2004 New Orleans Rabies tag on it. She was left
with food and water. It is my belief that my house was not flooded during
the storm, and she should have been dry. If the house sustained broken
windows she is likely outside. She is an adopted outside cat and is very
familiar with living outside, although she spends more then her time inside
now, and she sleeps inside every night. She can be lured with food or cat
treats. If necessary, I authorize you to break into the house to rescue.
The easiest way would be to break a window pane on the top center of the
porch window and unlatch the window. You will need to cut through the
plastic strap holding the shutters together. It is secured with a simple
thumb latch. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Please contact me at this e-mail or at the phone below if you have any
information.

Douglas Elliott
2026 Chestnut St.
(713) 376 9621

Dear Sirs,

I have cats trapped in my house on good drive in New Orleans east. is there
any way someone can get them out? My friend in mandeville has keys to the
house....please help

Arlette Gerhold
504-913-4804
870-265-1777
another e-mail is

Contact/ Owners name: James Byrum
Contact phone numbers / e-mail address: 757-488-9335 or 717-529-6766 /

Address where the animals a On Laurel at Aline, one house from the
corner.
Name(s) of animal(s): Jetta
Description of animal(s): Female, peach calico, spayed, 3 years old, had
surgery on back leg 2 years ago. She will come if you call her but she may
be timid. She normally will stay around the house and not go to far.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

James Byrum

Please. I left my cat locked in 1314 1/2 Camp street and he is dying right
now.
It is upstairs on the left if you are facing the house from the street. You
can easily break in from the fire escape in the back. Use the credit card
trick. If that doesnt work please just break the windows so that he has
some way to get out. please

Located at 22 Castle Pines Dr. New Orleans. In laundry room, Break in
window at rear of the house to get her out. Contact Sue at (336) 870-9726
or (336) 324-4366. thank you and God Bless you for all you are doing!
Sue's mom, Edna Corrigan

1036. 2 cats trapped UPTOWN - Please help
by PatrickKadow, 9/3/05 23:56 ET
We left our cats in our house when we evacuated from Katrina, Sat Aug 27th.
They are two small black cats named Olive and Bingo. My two daughters and my
wife and I are totally distraught knowing they are boarded up in our house.
Our house is at 5022 Loyola Ave. New Orleans, la 70115, between soniat and
robert. It's a maroon single story house and from satellite pictures, it
looks like our neighborhood isn't flooded. Our bedroom window is not totally
boarded up and the window should open or can be broken. They had some food
but I'm sure it's gone. If you could just get them out, they could probably
fend for themselves. Please help!
Patrick

I am emailing for my family from Plaquemine Parish. They had no choice but
to leave behind their family pets.

The dogs are located at:
2nd house on the right
120 Plantation Lane
Belle Chasse, La. 70037

Fritz- German Shepherd, Black/Rust, male, 5 years old named. Fritz is really
shy.
Owner: Bill Mertz from Boothville

Olan - German Shepherd, Black/Rust, Female, 10 months old. Olan is very
hyper.
Owner: Billy Mertz from Boothville

Toby - German Shepherd, Black/Rust, Male, 5 months old. Ears are sometimes
flip flop over head and straight out.
Owner: Mike DarDar from Boothville

These dogs belong to 3 different people but all are worried to death.

Bill Mertz is my father and can be reached at my home phone here in Holly
Beach where they are staying. 337-569-2603

Billy Mertz is my brother and is also staying here in Holly Beach and can be
reached at my house. 337-569-2603

Mike DarDar is my brothers friend and can also be reached here at
337-569-2603

Please see what you can do to help rescue these dogs for us. My family
cannot return to the area to get them out. If you can somehow get them to
Lake Charles or Sulphur we can go get them.
Thank you so much,
Kathy Richard
337-569-2603

My 3 cats are still in Metairie, La (New Orleans) I am DESPERATELY trying to
save them!!!

They are in an upstairs playroom at 11 Nassau Drive, Metairie, La 70005

I have been evacuated to Houston and can be reached at: 281-647-0241

New Orleans cell: 504-427-2666 (may need to text message!)

or 315-469-4098 (My parents in Syracuse)

My Cats: 1 BLACK FEMALE, 1 MULTI-COLORED GREY FEMALE, 1 ORANGE MALE

THE ARE IN A ROOM ON THE SECOND FLOOR!! 11 NASSAU DRIVE, OFF NORTHLINE AND
NEXT TO THE COUNTRY CLUB.

ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!!!! I AM FRANTIC!

RICHARD HARTH

Hello. My name is Maria. I evacuated NOLA on saturday. I am A Veterinarian
interested in volunteering with Katrina pet rescue, and I am willing to go
back to help. I am In Baton Rouge.
My friend left her 2 cats. The directions to her house: Go over the
Mississippi river bridge and exit (right lane)on General Degaulle (left on
Gen Degaulle). Go all the way to the end until just before the intercoastal
canal bridge make a right. Go all the way to the end and you will reach her
condo. The name is Forrest Island. Her Apt is 130. My husband worked at
childrens hopsital until they ran out of everything and had to come back in
horror. He went to her house on his way to baton rouge and tried to save
them, but he found the roof had fallen and couldnt find the cats. He broke
in through the balcony. He said he couldnt stay too long because he was
afraid of someone taking his car. The cats names are Hobbes (yellow and
very big and fat) and Fajita (very fat and with both ears tatooed, one says
95 and the other I dont remember.
My husband said he heard a dog barking next door. Please tell me if someone
can go or if I would be allowed to go looking for them.
Thanks.
Maria

Maria A. Serrano D.V. M.
University of New Orleans - PhD candidate in Conservation Biology
Audubon Center for Research of Endangered Species
New Orleans, Louisiana (USA)
Phone: 504-398 3155
cell: 504-390 0491
This was posted today on the NOLA.com website....

__________________________________________________ __

1074. HELP MY DOG PLEASE
by Analu, 9/4/05 6:27 ET Subject: Poodle Starving at 8231 Spruce St - URGENT
/ REWARDQuick Summary:

Oliver, male, grey poodle, 10 lb

Pictures of him:
http://en.groundspring.org/EmailNow/...194&u=3 83299

Locked inside: 8231 Spruce Street (between Dante and Dublin, near
S.Carrollton), Uptown, New Orleans

Owner's Contact info: Alex Silva 510 644 2895 or 510 759

Alternate break-in point: backyard door, second floor.

You have my permission to break in. Signed: Alexandre Silva.

My name is Alex Silva, and I'm a Brazilian grad student at Tulane. I had
just moved into New Orleans when Katrina struck. I knew no one, had no car,
no connections, no resources, no anything, and I was forcibly evacuated
along with Tulane's faculty and students.

At that point in time, the extent of Katrina's damage was not yet evident,
and we were told we'd be away for at most 4 days. As they did not allow pets
in the evacuation buses, I was forced to leave my dear dog, Oliver, behind.
This was an excruciating decision, as Oliver has always been with me since
I've owned him. In fact, I brought him to New Orleans from Brazil, as he is
the most important thing in my life.

He's been inside my house since this past Saturday, Aug.27th, and I left him
with food and water for roughly 5-7 days. He used to be a street dog, so
he's pretty resourceful and knows how to save food. But he must be starving
by now!

He is a grey poodle and there are pictures of him here
(http://en.groundspring.org/EmailNow/...194&u=3 83300).
He's locked inside the second floor of my house at 8231 Spruce Street,
between Dante and Dublin, near S.Carrollton, in Uptown, New Orleans. The
house is locked, whoever saves him would have to break in. The door is a
small price to pay for my best friend's life.

My house phone number in New Orleans is 504 864 0626. I'm currently at my
sister's in California, my numbers are 510 644 2895 and 510 759 6290. My
email .

If there is anything anyone can do, I would be immensely grateful and would
pay a financial reward. This is my LAST hope, or he'll surely DIE!

Please please help.

THANK YOU

JOEL KELLY

1314 1/2 (upstairs) Camp Street New orleans 70113

718 349 0769

best to break in from the back using the credit card trick. THANK YOU@!
Please help.

I left one kitty inside my house/apartment when I evacuated.
Her name is Queen.

She is small and glossy black and has two white toes.
She is very friendly under normal circumstances.

If you put her in a carrier she will instantly melt down, howl, and try to
claw her way out, but she recovers instantly as soon as she is allowed back
out.

The vet and I have laughed about it in the past because the shift is so
dramatic. Unfortunately, it is what made it impractical to evacuate with
her... I left in a friend's car (mine is a rickety old convertible with no
ac) and I already have another cat.

I left keys with two of my neighbors, and a big cat carrier in my front room
so she could be evacuated by them later (I sort of share ownership of her),
but I don't know if they let her out or took her or what.

I have not heard from any of my neighbors who stayed...
Michael Colgan of the Napoleon House is one I am concerned about.
Walter Wolfman Washington and his wife is another.
And Ben Gasper is another.

She is very intelligent and resourceful (for a cat) so if a window blew out
I sure she can get out, but she's really really special. Too special to
suffer and die.

My address is 3019 Ponce de Leon
(Downstairs apartment on the far right)and there used to be a key to the
backdoor hidden inside a fake rock under the back stairs.

It's about a half block from Liuzza's on the Track on the same street as the
Old Whole Foods store. If she got out she may be on Maurepas street, or on
the upstairs porch (if it is still there)

There is also a very tame, very docile male cat named Leopold who hangs out
around there (street cat but obviously had been someone's baby at some
point). He is white with a striped tail and striped spots on his ears and
back.

I can be reached by email at

or text messenge 504-908-3482

My name is Wendy Titelman. I am in tremendous grief that I left my cat
behind. He is totally out of food and water for several days and trapped
in my home.

My address is 5035 Danneel Dr., Uptown New Orleans, 70115. The house is
located 3 blocks off St. Charles, almost at the corner of Soniat and
Danneel, 2 story yellow home, with white columns.

His name is Sammy, 3 years old, long haired tabby (looks part mancoon) no
ID. His vaccination ID is in a buffet drawer in the dining room, middle
drawer to the right front. He is gentle, and loving. He was vacinated in
February, 2005.

You may break into the house to get him. It is easy to enter through a
balcony window upstairs. A latter is in the shed behind the house. That
way you don't have to break a window, but if you must - do. I have friends
in Baton Rouge that can take him until I get there. I want to go into New
Orleans and get him myself. Do you know a way? I am also happy to
volunteer and help you for a day.

Thank you for your help. If you cannot help me, let me know so that I can
contact someone else. He means so much to me.

Animal to be saved: Cat, Sammy, vaccinated Feb. 2005 by New Orleans SPCA

Owner Info:
Wendy Titelman
5035 Danneel St.
New Orleans, LA 70115
Cell: (504) 250-5018
Temporarily with friends in Atlanta: (404) 705-8696

Please rescue our family cat, Hermione. She is in our home on 98 Spanish
Fort Blvd. New Orleans, LA 70124. If you can reach her please contact us at:
, or 941-748-0942.
Thank you,
Angie Elms
[...]

Hi,

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law had to leave their cats when they
evacuated New Orleans. Below is the info I have. Please contact me if you
need more.

Contact/Owners name: My name is Arlene Levin. Owners names are Dennis and
Wanda O'Leary.

Contact phone/email: Cell phone is 847/707-9381 and my email address is
or .

Address where the animals a 6402 Catina Street, 2nd floor, New Orleans,
LA 70124. We believe the 1st floor is very flooded but the second floor
where the cats are may be OK.

Name and description of animals: There are two cats, but I don't have names
or descriptions and don't want to upset my relatives any more by asking
unless it's necessary. Please let me know.

If there's anything you can do to help it will be greatly appreciately. The
work you are doing is wonderful and very special and I'm sure that anyone
who is able to be reunited with their pets after this horrible disaster will
be very comforted.

Thanks again,
Arlene Levin

1511 east Commercial Blvd