SO Angry!

Old March 19th 04, 11:10 AM
Kristine Kochanski

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:21:47 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

How is a cat considered an it? Shouldn't the cat be considered a he or a
she?

The 'it' was the cat in the anecdote, as it was referred to as 'it' I
have no concept of its sexuality/sex/gender.

As for them having no concept on whether or not you're coming back, I
think they very much know when you are coming back. I tell mine all the time
that I am coming back when I am leaving.

Er, yes, and they understand English do they? And can think in human
spatial terms?? You only have to look at a cat hiding behind behind
something - it thinks cos you can't see it, it can't see you! I tell
my cats I'm going out, and sometimes they're sitting at the door when
I come back. Then again, they spend hours sitting staring at the door
when I'm *in* so that's not a very good gauge of their understanding.
Old March 19th 04, 12:04 PM
Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil

Quoth Kristine Kochanski:
Single people do leave cats alone for two nights. It's not that
unusual.

It's not unusual but it's very wrong IMO. If you can't look after 'em,
don't have 'em.

Please don't turn this into another indoor/outdoor debate. Your opinion
is a perfectly valid opinion, but it doesn't make opposite opinions
invalid, especially not when they're backed up with evidence.
--
Gwenhwyfaer (emails need [Private] in the subject)

some girls wander by themselves

Old March 19th 04, 12:45 PM
nimue

IBen Getiner wrote:
snip

If you continue to demonstrate this kind of negligence regarding your
pets, there are people here who will see to it that the proper
authorities come and take them away from you.

Um, would those be the same people in the white coats who have so often come
to collect you? Trust me -- they don't want her. You are the one who needs
to fear the authorities.

--
nimue

"There was a time when I was young and gay -- but straight."
Max Bialystock

Do not taunt happy fun ball.
SNL

Old March 19th 04, 01:02 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:49:25 GMT, "nimue"
wrote:

Kristine Kochanski wrote:
Single people do leave cats alone for two nights. It's not that
unusual.

It's not unusual but it's very wrong IMO. If you can't look after 'em,
don't have 'em.

Really? You think it's wrong to leave a cat alone for a weekend?

Absolutely.

If you
leave them plenty of food and water I don't see what the problem is. Maybe
I will get flamed here, but I really don't. I have done this many times, as
have my friends. One of my friends works at an animal hospital, but she has
left her cats alone for the weekend, too. Why not? I mean, if the cat is
healthy and not pregnant and doing fine, what's the big deal?

The big deal is cats need company and stimulation. How would you like
to be trapped in a house all weekend with nobody to play with?! Would
you leave a child alone all weekend so long as it was healthy and
enough food and water? I don't think so.

Angry cat Jack Cat health & behaviour 24 December 4th 03 10:26 PM
I am so angry (vent) MaryL Cat health & behaviour 76 November 2nd 03 06:08 PM