My kitten sees my hands as prey

Old May 19th 05, 02:41 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 18 May 2005 09:03:13p, bigbadbarry wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:1116464593.555929.278770
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com):

"Hang me just as high as you please, but for the Lord's sake, don't
fling me in that briar patch."

Minions are still minions ... even if they think they're a rabbit.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old May 19th 05, 02:52 AM
Mary

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 18 May 2005 09:03:13p, bigbadbarry wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:1116464593.555929.278770
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com):

"Hang me just as high as you please, but for the Lord's sake, don't
fling me in that briar patch."

Minions are still minions ... even if they think they're a rabbit.

Minions. The drama! lol

Old May 19th 05, 02:54 AM
Mary

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 18 May 2005 09:03:13p, bigbadbarry wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:1116464593.555929.278770
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com):

"Hang me just as high as you please, but for the Lord's sake, don't
fling me in that briar patch."

Minions are still minions ... even if they think they're a rabbit.

So Cheryl has decided that you are my follower.
Is my every wish your command, then?

Old May 19th 05, 02:55 AM
Mary

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

Cheryl wrote:

A big long love letter

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Humping? no more or less than you've been humping mine. uh huh

killfile me?....killfile ME???

"Hang me just as high as you please, but for the Lord's sake, don't
fling me in that briar patch."

Cheryl's big into humping. Unfortunately the humpees keep running away.

Old May 19th 05, 03:26 AM
Philip

kaeli wrote:

I reacted to my kittens very much like another cat. They understood
this rather well. If they bit too hard and hurt me, I'd do what
another cat would do. I'd yowl, give a hiss, narrow my eyes, and walk
away. Stop interaction. Immediately. If they continued, I'd do the
same thing but also give a gentle bat and a growl as a reminder that
I am the boss, not them. Like momma kitty. And I do mean gentle.
Mostly, a hand wave, like a cat batting at the air, with little to no
physical contact. Modeled after my own adult furkids and how they
behave to each other when one wants to play too rough for the other.
LOL
As they got older, 'OW' was substituted for cat vocalizations. They
are now conditioned to 'OW' to mean "stop that, that hurts".

If your kitten is too big on playing with hands, you should stop that
altogether. Use stuffed toys and kitty wands instead. When she goes
for your hands, immediately substitute the toy.

--

Good advice!

Old May 19th 05, 03:26 AM
Philip

Slimpickins wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
My 4 month kitten often seems to fixate on my hands as prey. She
follows my hands wherever they go. Sometimes she will take a run at
them and pull up at the last minute, or just go to give them a light
tap with her paw.

But the last little bit she's been starting to take to them as
chewing toys at times too. I've seen her do it gently a few times,
which I
don't mind so much, but sometimes it gets pretty aggressive.

She has plenty of other chewing toys and stuff, and she uses them a
lot
- she loves to chew. It seems to make her happy when I let her chew
on my hand, like it's a bonding experience or even a trust gaining
experience (?), but I don't really like it when it gets aggressive.

I also don't really like it when I am sleeping and she decides to
give
my thumb a chomp, thereby waking me up.

Can anyone offer advice about how to deal with this? Ideally, I'd
like to avoid chewing altogether. I don't mind licking, but chewing
is a
bit annoying.

Thanks,
Steve

***Hi Steve,

Do Not let her "chew", bite, or nip at your hands or feet. Always,
when she does this or attempts to do so, say to her loudly, "No!",
then immediately move your hand(s) away. Let her know this behaviour
is totally not* acceptable with you and that you won't put up with
it. She will learn with time, believe me, just don't act* like it's
okay, or she simply won't know any better, or behave any better.

Good luck!

ML

I was never that patient. A middle finger flick on the end of the nose
works faster.

Old May 19th 05, 03:29 AM
bigbadbarry

Mary wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 18 May 2005 09:03:13p, bigbadbarry wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:1116464593.555929.278770
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com):

"Hang me just as high as you please, but for the Lord's sake,

don't
fling me in that briar patch."

Minions are still minions ... even if they think they're a rabbit.

So Cheryl has decided that you are my follower.
Is my every wish your command, then?

I would walk two miles on my, hands and knees
ain't no doubt about it, Mary, it's you I aim to please
I'd wrestle with a lion and a, grizzly bear
it's my life sure but, I don't care

I'd put out a burning building with a shovel and dirt

or

climb the empire state, fight Mohamad Ali

what's up

Old May 19th 05, 06:22 AM
Mary

Mary wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 18 May 2005 09:03:13p, bigbadbarry wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:1116464593.555929.278770
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com):

"Hang me just as high as you please, but for the Lord's sake,

don't
fling me in that briar patch."

Minions are still minions ... even if they think they're a rabbit.

So Cheryl has decided that you are my follower.
Is my every wish your command, then?

I would walk two miles on my, hands and knees
ain't no doubt about it, Mary, it's you I aim to please
I'd wrestle with a lion and a, grizzly bear
it's my life sure but, I don't care

I'd put out a burning building with a shovel and dirt

or

climb the empire state, fight Mohamad Ali

what's up

OMG this is so COOL I have my very own MINION!!!
Let me just sleep on my first command. You may retire to
the minion's quarters after you draw my bath and scent it with
fragrant herbs and flowers.