We may lose Speckles

Old October 15th 05, 11:28 PM
SuzQ

Default How is Speckles??? (was: We may lose Speckles)

I'm sorry That I didn't read this soon enough to send purrs. Its wonderful
that it was a hairball insted of a tumor. Purrs for a fast recovery.
Suz&Spicey

Old October 15th 05, 11:32 PM
SuzQ

Default How is Speckles???

Tak wrote:
How is Betty? Thank you for asking - she's awfully cute.

The cancer in her jaw seems to be contained for the moment. It's not
shrinking, but it seems a bit shocked by the barrage of treatments.
Most of Betty's chin fur has fallen out because of the radiation
treatments she went through, making her look like she's 0.1% Sphynx.

She was supposed to get another dose of chemo yesterday, but it was
postponed because her white blood cell count dropped below their safe
threshold. Despite that, she's very fine. Betty says she doesn't
need white blood cells or chin fur to run around like crazy, eat like
a pig, and beg for cuddles!
Spicey is purring and I'm praying for Betty.
Suz&Spicey

Old October 19th 05, 09:36 PM
Shadow Walker

I'm glad she did great, but why didn't then do evasive endoscope? Would have
been cheaper and not surgery.
Gina

"JBHajos" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 04:50:26 GMT, "meee"
wrote:

yes...how is speckles doing....we're getting worried out here..

I'm sorry I didn't update sooner. Speckles did well and, barring a
relapse, we can bring her home this afternoon. We got the results
about 2:00 pm yesterday and I'd prepared a "yippey, hooray, happy
dancing" report for RPCA - then I read about Willow and didn't have
the heart to express all that elation when M.Elizabeth was hurting so
badly. So thought I'd update today.

Speckles spent Saturday night in the ER ICU being stabilized. She was
sent to her regular vet Sunday afternoon. I read the ER chart and the
vet discussed it at length. The prognosis was grave, Speckles was not
a viable candidate for surgery, removing the mass would leave her with
less than half of her stomach, she'd need a 200-mile trip to have
radiation/chemo, etc, etc, etc, and rather than cause her more pain
and stress, euthanasia was advised. I vetoed that and opted for the
surgery - I *had* to give Speck at least half a fighting chance.

She was scheduled for first-thing-in-the-morning surgery Monday and
I'd be called when they were finished. I didn't hear until 2:00 pm -
I was frantic with worry till then - what an awful morning!! Good
news!! The Big C was a blasted, gorgeous, beautiful benign
hairball!!! Speckles is a tough little old lady, thank Bast, and
weathered the anesthesia, recovery was quick, and she was doing great.

This sort of reminded me of Helen's Francis.

All your "miracle purrs" worked wonders and I thank you most
sincerely. I am indeed grateful for your care and concern.

Love you all - Jeanne

Old October 20th 05, 01:26 AM
JBHajos

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:36:00 GMT, "Shadow Walker"
wrote:

I'm glad she did great, but why didn't then do evasive endoscope? Would have
been cheaper and not surgery.
Gina

Good question, Gina. And it was suggested but, for some odd reason
or another, neither the ER nor our regular vet has an endoscope! So
surgery was the only way to find out what it was. Sure wish it could
have been easier on Speckles - so far she's doing quite well though.
Thanks for your concern.

Jeanne
Jeanne Hajos
spamguard u is i, and not is net)
===
"Anger improves nothing except the arch of a cat's back."
--- Coleman Cox
My SETI team:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_125874.html
Old October 20th 05, 03:10 PM
Adrian

JBHajos wrote:
snip
My SETI team:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_125874.html

I've clicked on this link several times, I always get: HTTP 404 - File not
found
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 20th 05, 04:37 PM
JBHajos

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:10:51 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

JBHajos wrote:
snip
My SETI team:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_125874.html

I've clicked on this link several times, I always get: HTTP 404 - File not
found

Oops! To my knowledge, you're the first poster to ever try to
access this SETI thing, so didn't realize there is a problem. I
checked it out and, lo and behold, there's a *big* snafu with my
account cut off due to BOINC changes, etc. We now have to re-do the
whole thing and spend most of the morning trying to clear it up. Will
have to pay more attention in the future - I've been sending/receiving
SETI data for a little over four years with no apparent problem but
it's a biggy now. Meanwhile, I've deleted the reference from my sig
line, at least until I get back on board. Many thanks for the heads
up!!!

Jeanne