I know somebody else must do this too

Old August 22nd 04, 03:48 PM
Singh

Karen wrote:

"Singh" wrote in message

O J wrote:

I know somebody else must do this too

I'm retired now, but when I was at the office, I would call home and
often get the recorder. It was tied to a speaker so someone in the
house could hear who was on the phone and pick it up if they wanted to
speak to the caller right away.

Of course, sometimes DH was out shopping or otherwise indisposed. I'd
learned from her that the cats though loved to hear my voice coming
over the speaker. This led to the following crazy cat person
behavior: talking to your cats over the speakerphone...

A few years ago we had a blizzard in Buffalo--what's that you say...? A
blizzard in Buffalo!? Who'da thought... but anyway, we had horrible
conditions and a traffic ban in the city limits. I had to stay the night
with Louie's parents in the suburbs and go back to work. I was working in
the funds transfer department at Citibank and had to do confirmation calls
for faxed requests. Louie braved the weather conditions, the traditionally
horrible plowing (read: they don't bother) and the city cops to go to my
place and make sure Fritzie was fed and given some much needed attention.
Louie called and asked me to speak to the boy because he was agitated.

"Is that my little Fritzums? Is baby being a good boy for Uncle Louie?"
(We'd been together 3 months so it wasn't time for him to be Daddy yet."

Several people hung up on their customers and stared at me like I had
finally asked the office stoner for some of her organically-grown
medication.

"Mama misses Fritzie! (Now singing the tune to "Jeannie With the Light
Brown Hair") I looooove-my Fritzie-He's a Spoiled-BRAT!"

I heard a lot of people mentioning Jesus H. Christ about then. You know,
it is truly remarkable how even nonbelievers will go on about Christ in
these situations, but believer or not they always sound so *angry* when
they do it...

Blessed be,

Baha

ROFL!!!! You are SUCH a funny writer. You should do this professionally.
What a great story

Wow, thanks!!! I do write, actually, although nothing's been published yet. I am
working on a story about a nurse forced into retirement by injury, and ends up
doing veterinary lab research; I also am thinking about a "biography" of the
late great Fritzie, to benefit the Veterinary Emergency Fund. I don't know if
anyone else here has this group locally, but in Buffalo the fund helps poor
people and senior citizens give their animals the proper care they deserve.

I'm glad you (and theothers here) like my kitty stories. Which goes to show you
how much more interesting life can be when you live with four-legged people. it
always seems like more adventure comes with those extra legs!

Blessed be!

Baha