Francis

Old October 31st 12, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

Default Francis

In article , "wafflycat" wrote:
Francis, my lovely, lovely boy is no longer with me

I'll add my sympathies to those of the others. What a lovely tribute.

I'm sorry to read of your loss.

Art
Old October 31st 12, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_3_]

"Debby Hanoka" wrote in message
Purrs for your broken heart.

Francis has been added to the Calling of the Names at the Jellicle Ball
over on RPCC.

Debby

Thanks, Debby, I spotted that caring thing you did.

Some photos of my lovely boy

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...hopeful001.jpg
Francis in what I called his 'ever hopeful' pose. The birds were not fooled
by his most excellent camoflage...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s141012001.jpg
Francis on 14th of this month. It's how I will remember him.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...90712001-1.jpg
Having a stretch of the legs on waking up

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...090712009a.jpg
asleep on the sofa

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s070412002.jpg
Francis & Waffles

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t/P3270065.jpg
Francis looking darned handsome in better days

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...epaw271211.jpg
Talk to the paw

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...gVernon001.jpg
Francis helping Paw at work...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s002170409.jpg
I'd created a little border for veggies & had weed suppressant fabric over
it. That fabric, being black, warmed up nicely in the sun. Francis made sure
a bit of heat was never wasted.

Best, helen s

Old October 31st 12, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"wafflycat" wrote:
Francis, my lovely, lovely boy is no longer with me. He died in my arms
yesterday, out in the garden, on a sunny day, beneath the branches of his
favourite willow tree. He was able to feel the sun on his face and the wind
in his whiskers one last time. He was 16 and until very recently, lively,
fun, and still hunting any rodent that made its way into the garden. He
loved his hens (we have three) and could sometimes be found curled up asleep
in the straw of the hen house.

In the end, it was kidney disease that got him, and he also had dementia
creeping in.

Waffles misses him too. The Mighty Huntress of eighteen of her own years,
wandered around the house last night, calling out, searching nooks and
crannies for her boy. After a while she decided that this hoomin could be a
source of cuddles and she stuck to me like a limpet last night.

The hoominz of Chateau Wafflycat are grateful to have been able to spend
part of their lives with the joy in life that was Francis. That little
abused stray kitten we took in years ago, who took many months to get to
full health, turned into the sweetest, friendliest cat you could ever meet
and he graced our lives for many happy years.

Francis will never be forgotten.

helen s

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Frncs
--
Adrian
Old October 31st 12, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so sorry to hear that Francis is now gone. I remember some years ago
that a young vet advised he be put down and how we all rose up against that.
You were so furious that I had to calm you down a little!
I'm glad you had so many more years.

Tweed

Old October 31st 12, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

"wafflycat" wrote:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s141012001.jpg
Francis on 14th of this month. It's how I will remember him.

That's a beautiful, dignified picture. Sweet old guy.

Old October 31st 12, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wafflycat wrote:

Francis, my lovely, lovely boy is no longer with me. He died in my arms
yesterday, out in the garden, on a sunny day, beneath the branches of his
favourite willow tree. He was able to feel the sun on his face and the wind
in his whiskers one last time. He was 16 and until very recently, lively,
fun, and still hunting any rodent that made its way into the garden. He
loved his hens (we have three) and could sometimes be found curled up asleep
in the straw of the hen house.

I saved a photo you took of him sometime in the last couple of years. He
was lying on a chair in the sun. That is how I'll remember him. He was a
beautiful cat and he clearly loved relaxing by the hens.

In the end, it was kidney disease that got him, and he also had dementia
creeping in.

Waffles misses him too. The Mighty Huntress of eighteen of her own years,
wandered around the house last night, calling out, searching nooks and
crannies for her boy. After a while she decided that this hoomin could be a
source of cuddles and she stuck to me like a limpet last night.

Poor Waffles. She's been through her tough times, too. Lucky her that
you were there to comfort her. (And vice versa, I'll bet.)

The hoominz of Chateau Wafflycat are grateful to have been able to spend
part of their lives with the joy in life that was Francis. That little
abused stray kitten we took in years ago, who took many months to get to
full health, turned into the sweetest, friendliest cat you could ever meet
and he graced our lives for many happy years.

Francis will never be forgotten.

Nope! In addition to the picture you posted of him in the garden (among
many), I'll also remember his reaction the first time he saw a hen lay an
egg. Hee hee... those strange creatures fascinated him, didn't they?

I'm so sorry he's gone. But I'm glad he got to have a long life and you
got to share it with him.

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.
Old November 3rd 12, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:55:20 +0000, wafflycat wrote:

[...]

Rise up slowly, Angel It's hard to let you go. MLB
Old November 3rd 12, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wafflycat wrote:

[...]

He was a gorgeous boy! Great pictures.

--
Joyce

Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old November 4th 12, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk[_2_]

wrote:

Francis will never be forgotten.

helen s

A belated sorry. I've been dealing with Hurricane Sandy so just got to
read this. It seems like we really must treasure each day with our
cats. They will, one day, be gone. Its almost two months since Espy
died and I still look around at his favorite spots. I know he won't be
there. I'm sure you feel the same about Francis.
Old November 4th 12, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:37:43 -0400, Matthew wrote:

I am so sorry Helen "wafflycat" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Heartfelt condolences tothose who mourn. MLB

Francis has a new name wafflycat[_2_] Cat anecdotes 15 November 2nd 08 10:11 PM
Francis LOL? Victor Martinez[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 August 24th 08 11:13 AM
why doesn't Francis look truly Dead Democrat Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:22 PM
Francis wafflycat Cat anecdotes 24 August 29th 05 12:04 AM
Francis dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 22 November 22nd 04 07:00 PM