Cat strangeness

Old July 8th 14, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Cat strangeness

On 7/8/2014 12:20 PM, Sylvia M wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
On 7/7/2014 10:40 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:22:29 PM UTC-4, Joy wrote:
I'll never figure out cats. When Waffles was alive, I could always
tell

who had used the litter box, because Pickles would never bury her
poop.

Now that she's an only cat, she does bury it. Go figure.

Joy

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at
http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Buddy (male) always covers anything he does at the front end of the
box. Crystal (female) covers absolutely nothing at the rear of the
box . I think both of them close their paws into little fists and
spread litter at lest two feet in front of the box.
Norma

I know what you mean about the litter-spreading. I keep a broom and
long-handled dustpan in the room where the litter box is, and every
evening I sweep up the litter before scooping out the box.

Joy

Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

P3nya has a covered box, and digs to China.
Since she dumps toward the back of the box, she then digs from the front
to the back, so little get out, except some grains caught in her
claws/paws.

Pickles is claustrophobic, so I don't think she'd use a covered box.

Joy

Old July 8th 14, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/8/2014 5:22 PM, Joy wrote:
On 7/8/2014 12:20 PM, Sylvia M wrote:

P3nya has a covered box, and digs to China.
Since she dumps toward the back of the box, she then digs from the front
to the back, so little get out, except some grains caught in her
claws/paws.

Pickles is claustrophobic, so I don't think she'd use a covered box.

Joy

I don't think Persia would use a covered box, either. I've never tried
it, it's just a feeling I have.

I used to cat-sit for my neighbor. She uses a covered litter box. Even
with the cover, she still had a mat/rug by the entrance. And I still
had to sweep up litter all around the box. They do manage to get litter
all around, don't they?

Jill
Old July 9th 14, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:57:43 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
On 7/8/2014 5:22 PM, Joy wrote:

On 7/8/2014 12:20 PM, Sylvia M wrote:

P3nya has a covered box, and digs to China.

Since she dumps toward the back of the box, she then digs from the front

to the back, so little get out, except some grains caught in her

claws/paws.

Pickles is claustrophobic, so I don't think she'd use a covered box.

Joy

I don't think Persia would use a covered box, either. I've never tried

it, it's just a feeling I have.

I used to cat-sit for my neighbor. She uses a covered litter box. Even

with the cover, she still had a mat/rug by the entrance. And I still

had to sweep up litter all around the box. They do manage to get litter

all around, don't they?

Jill

Fin was a serious digger, to the point where his litterbox corner resembled a sand dune after awhile. He just LOVED to dig, so I got him a covered box, so the only litter that got out was in the front, easier to manage.

Now Rita has always had a covered box, and she doesn't seem to mind. It's a really BIG covered box, though.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old July 10th 14, 10:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

The broom and long handled dustpan features heavily in my life too.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 10th 14, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 02:53:46 -0700 (PDT), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

The broom and long handled dustpan features heavily in my life too.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I bought a LitterRobot at least four years ago and I have to say that
it's made my life easier. Unlike the LitterMaid, which actually shoots
clumps of poop across the room, the LitterRobot really does it's job
pretty well. I unload the poop drawer once a week (three cats).

It works by rotating slowly after the cat leaves the robot, and it
moves so slowly that the litter dust just stays there. The cats do
scoop somewhat, but that also pretty much stays inside.

But it's over $300 so not exactly cheap. Still, I give it 5 stars.

I do also keep a regular litter box which I'm not too fussy about
cleaning out because it doesn't get much use. That one does create
more of a mess, but I like them to have an alternative if they decide
that they have to go when another cat is in the robot.
Old July 10th 14, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

On 7/8/2014 5:22 PM, Joy wrote:

[...]

Same here, covered and big..is the only box we've had.
I was noticing that it is also about twice as deep, about 9 inches.
Maybe that;s why it works pretty well here.
YMMV
Sylvia

Old July 11th 14, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I bought a LitterRobot at least four years ago and I have to say that
it's made my life easier. Unlike the LitterMaid, which actually shoots
clumps of poop across the room, the LitterRobot really does it's job
pretty well. I unload the poop drawer once a week (three cats).

I suggest you tell Billy Connolly about the Litter Maid, He had
a sketch about a machine called the Jobbie Wheecher which did the
same thing, only for people.

Old July 11th 14, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 01:25:17 +0100, Jack Campin
wrote:

I bought a LitterRobot at least four years ago and I have to say that
it's made my life easier. Unlike the LitterMaid, which actually shoots
clumps of poop across the room, the LitterRobot really does it's job
pretty well. I unload the poop drawer once a week (three cats).

I suggest you tell Billy Connolly about the Litter Maid, He had
a sketch about a machine called the Jobbie Wheecher which did the
same thing, only for people.

Thanks for the Connolly mention; I didn't know who he was. I'll listen
to some of his stuff.

The funny thing about the LitterMaid is that it has springy metal
tines mounted on a rake that pulls through the litter, supposedly
letting the litter pass through and pushing the clumps along. It
pretty much does that, but when it hits a particularly stubborn clump,
the tine(s) in that location fall behind and the rake continues. So
when the clump finally breaks loose, the tines catch up in a hurry and
the clump literally goes flying across the room. Funny to watch, not
so much fun to clean up.
Old July 12th 14, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
I'll never figure out cats. When Waffles was alive, I could always tell
who had used the litter box, because Pickles would never bury her poop.
Now that she's an only cat, she does bury it. Go figure.

Joy

Which suggests that she was the top cat over Waffles.
Top cats allow their poop to be seen by others and now she doesn't need
to.
Tweed