Nipsy is part Maine Coon?

Old July 5th 03, 04:06 PM
Cathy Friedmann

Nipsy could easily have some Maine Coon in him, or maybe something else that
looks a bit similar, like a Siberian, perhaps.

Other points to consider, besides their long fluffy fur w/ tufts of hair:
Maine Coons are *big*. Their heads are large w/ a pronounced muzzle area,
their tails are about the same length as their bodies, & males can easily
weigh 18 - 20 pounds (not fat), w/ females a little less.

My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something off,
if it was near its edge.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon
"dgk" wrote in message
I was describing my new cat Nipsy to friends at the beach yesterday
and one said that he sounds like Maine Coon. Definite tufts of hair
coming out the bottom of the feat, tufts of hair on his face that make
him look somewhat lynxish. Most of those were removed by constant play
with his former buddy Bootsie according to his previous slave.

He's pretty much solid grey except for white areas on his pause and a
white area under his chin. The hair is very soft and fairly long and
the tail is very bushy.

He is also very vocal. He cried solidly from 3 to 4 am this morning.
He clearly misses his old home and family. I had to lock him back in
the CIR (Cat Introduction Room) so I could get some sleep. He's out
now and he's walking around the house with Espy following
suspiciously.

I'll probably have to put him back in that room when I go to the beach
today. I don't expect any serious fighting but I want to be around
when they are together for a little while. Luckily I have a three day
weekend for this.

Old July 5th 03, 09:20 PM
Sherry

My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something off,
if it was near its edge.

Cathy

Sounds like my daughter's MC. He's big. Not fat, but everything about him is
just *big*--huge head, huge paws. He doesn't meow a lot though; he "chirps" to
greet you though. It's cute.
Here's a pic of him. Last time I posted this, I got a snide remark from someone
about the photo being "doctored", and it is not.

Sherry

Old July 5th 03, 09:56 PM
Cheryl

Priscilla Ballou wrote:

I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?

Priscilla

LOL I think she forgot the link. I've seen it, he is HUGE!

--
Cheryl

Old July 5th 03, 10:11 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
"Cheryl" wrote:

Priscilla Ballou wrote:

I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?

Priscilla

LOL I think she forgot the link. I've seen it, he is HUGE!

Oh, a LINK! That's cool. I was playing schoolmarm and directing
appropriate behavior when I was expecting inappropriate. ;-) Please
ignore the sensible shoes.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,