Homecoming purrs for Rosie, please

Old December 29th 03, 10:19 PM
Adrian

Annie Wxill wrote:
Thanks for all the purrs. Rosie is back.
When the rain stopped, Rosie came out from under the deck. I was on a
stepladder, trying to talk her into coming over the fence. She
considered it, and then decided to tease me and walk back to the deck
and jump up on the rail and walk along it for a while. Then she went
back underneath. When I checked on her later, the neighbor had come
home and was in the back yard. He is very nice and offered to help,
but I knew that Rosie would not come out to somebody she didn't know.
I came back in the house and waited a while longer. I was a little
worried because we are supposed to have a cold front, but Rosie was
in a safe place, and I knew where she was. She would be cold, but
dry and sheltered from the wind, so I figured she could make it
through the night if she insisted on staying out there.
When it started to get colder and dark, I opened a can of cat food
and went into the yard next door calling to Rosie to come and eat.
Once she got a whiff of the food, it didn't take long to coax her
out, put her in her carrier and bring her home.
So, now she's back and we feel much better.
Thanks again for the purrs.
Annie

Once again the power of the purr succeeds. :-)

Old December 29th 03, 11:30 PM
GraceCat

"Hans Schrøder" wrote in message
..

How terrible! A normal cat climbing a tree and jumping onto the

neighbor's
roof... Why worry about that? You can not control a cat that is

allowed to
move around outside by itself.

How rude. Regardless of the circumstances, purrs and prayers should
always be dealt with respectfully here. If someone is asking for good
vibes for their loved ones to stay safe, be gracious and offer it or
don't participate in the conversation at all.

Grace
who is glad Rosie came home and understands about things that bite in
the dark.

Old December 29th 03, 11:31 PM
GraceCat

hehe.

Victor did you get my email the other day Feliz Navidog?

Grace

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Annie Wxill wrote:
Perhaps it would help you with your control problem to understand

that you
may making assumptions that do not entirely fit the circumstances.

Annie,

Don't waste your time with this guy, he just doesn't get it that the
world doesn't work the way he thinks it ought to work.

So who are you to judge if there is a need for guiding purrs (or

even
prayers)? If you don't like what I post, you are free to ignore

them or

He's the only person I've ever killfilled in this group. Dubious honor
that is.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 30th 03, 01:45 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

Hans,
Perhaps it would help you with your control problem to understand that you
may making assumptions that do not entirely fit the circumstances.
I was not concerned that Rosie climbed a tree and jumped onto the roof.

In
fact, I was happy to know that she had such abilities should she need

them,
as well as for her entertainment.
My main concern was that Rosie would not stay put under the deck after it
got dark. We have coyotes here and they consider cats a gourmet item. I
suppose, if I lived in your world, I would just accept that it is as

normal
for a coyote to eat a cat as it is for the cat to climb a tree and jump

onto
the neighbor's roof, etc., and not bother to get Rosie home. After all,

cats
will be cats, and coyotes will be coyotes, right?

How could I smell the coyotes in your area? You never mentioned that in your
first posting, and me, luckily living in Norway, have never seen a coyote
around here... So if you want people to concern the circumstances, you
better point them out, before you attack me.

Also, a cold front was forcast and we did have a storm last night. Of
course, I would prefer having Rosie inside safe and warm in such weather,
and I believe that she would prefer it, too. In fact, it is only the last
few months that she has even shown an interest in going outside since I
trapped and tamed her three or four years ago. I suppose you would have
advised me at that time to leave her to the coyotes, instead.

Once again, no coyotes here, and Norway is a _bad_ country, as far as
weather is concerned. Norwegian cats know when it is cold enough to return
home.

So who are you to judge if there is a need for guiding purrs (or even
prayers)? If you don't like what I post, you are free to ignore them or
killfile me at any time.
Annie, who is also glad that your cat returned safe and sound

I'll never killfile you or anyone else, I know we all love our cats and we
try to make the very best life for them. It was just a spontanous reaction
from me, before I got to know the "circumstances" you never told us about.

With the best wishes for the new year to come,
Hans

Old December 30th 03, 01:55 AM

"Hans Schroder" wrote:

How could I smell the coyotes in your area? You never mentioned that
in your first posting, and me, luckily living in Norway, have never
seen a coyote around here... So if you want people to concern the
circumstances, you better point them out, before you attack me.

Why don't you just assume that you don't know all the circumstances, and
*ask* why she is concerned, instead of leaping on her to criticize before
you know the whole story? You're the one who's jumping in with a criticism.

Really, you are incredibly defensive. If someone explains what's going
on in their situation in a gentle way (she did not attack you), maybe you
should listen to what she says and consider whether it might be true,
instead of leaping to say it's not your fault, etc.

I know you probably won't listen to this, either, but I just had to say
it. I'm done now!

Joyce
Old December 30th 03, 02:33 AM
Victor Martinez

GraceCat wrote:
Victor did you get my email the other day Feliz Navidog?

I got it, thanks. I'm having trouble with that email address, that's why
I didn't reply. It was funny...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 30th 03, 02:48 AM
Hans Schrøder

wrote in message

Really, you are incredibly defensive. If someone explains what's going
on in their situation in a gentle way (she did not attack you), maybe you
should listen to what she says and consider whether it might be true,
instead of leaping to say it's not your fault, etc.

I know you probably won't listen to this, either, but I just had to say
it. I'm done now!

That's what you think...

Let's try an experiment:
You are the reader of this, and you live on one of the warmest islands in
the Pacific:

"Last night, I had the most traumatic experience. I had been been out with
some friends, and returned home about 1 AM. When I drove up the road to our
house, I saw that I didn't have a chance to get the car up the driveway to
the house. So, I had to park almost in the middle of the road.

I got out of the car, and started to walk the 100 yards up to the house.
Suddenly I stumbled and fell over, not being able to get up again. The more
I tried, the more difficult it got to put one foot in front of the other. So
I fell down again, just hoping that somebody passed to help me up and get me
home.

After ten minutes, my wife came out and saw our car in the middle of the
road, and started calling. I answered here, and she came down and helped my
get in, and surely, she saved my life."

That was the story. The Pacific reader, I guess, would assume that I had
been to drunk to get up, and not to mention, drive a car, but the solution
is much simpler (when you know the circumstances):

It had been one of _those_ nights in Norway, with a temperature around 14F
(-10C) and a heavy snowfall. Our driveway was so packed with snow that it
was impossible to get in there with a car. So when I started to walk, you
must concider the fact that I didn't wear winter shoes, just some thin-soled
party shoes. I was going to drive home anyway, see? But it was so slippery
because of the ice in the driveway that I couldn't stand on my feet, no
matter how hard I tried! And I was sober as a newborn kitty!

So when my wife found me, I was really cold, and if I had been laying there
for two more hours, I would possibly be dead.

All right, what's the point?

Well, if you think our friend in the Pacific would understand all these
circumstances from his part of the world, just assuming "Ah, there must have
been snow", when he didn't even know I was living in Norway, he would have
to be clairvoyant beyond my imagination!

See?
Hans

Old December 30th 03, 03:06 AM
GraceCat

"Hans Schrøder" wrote in message
I got out of the car, and started to walk the 100 yards up to the

house.
Suddenly I stumbled and fell over, not being able to get up again. The

more
I tried, the more difficult it got to put one foot in front of the

other. So
I fell down again, just hoping that somebody passed to help me up and

get me
home.

*snip*
See?
Hans

No, I don't see because if someone posted to this newsgroup explaining
difficulties driving or walking, I'd assume heart attack, anxiety
attack, seizure etc etc. If I *saw* you, and it was flat ground with no
obvious problems, I'd assume you were drunk. I try not to judge
immediately. Even first impressions should take a few minutes to become
accurate ones.

In my opinion, you're being deliberately obtuse.

Grace

Old December 30th 03, 03:24 AM
Stacey

Actually, I would have read that and cared less *why* you couldn't get up
the driveway. All that would have mattered to me was that you did get up the
driveway, and safely. ~~~ But then again, I'm one of those people who'd
probably purr or even gasp pray for you to safely get up the driveway, so
what do I know.

Stacey

Old December 30th 03, 03:27 AM
Hans Schrøder

"GraceCat" wrote in message

No, I don't see because if someone posted to this newsgroup explaining
difficulties driving or walking, I'd assume heart attack, anxiety
attack, seizure etc etc. If I *saw* you, and it was flat ground with no
obvious problems, I'd assume you were drunk. I try not to judge
immediately. Even first impressions should take a few minutes to become
accurate ones.

In my opinion, you're being deliberately obtuse.

Psst... I think it would help if you took the time to read the entire
thread, I assure you, this is not about drinking, driving, snow or ice, it
is, in fact, about Annie Wxill's story about cats, trees, roofs and coyotes.
Believe it or not.

Besides, for anyone interested, the whole story of mine is just fiction, I
don't even own a car... :-)

Hans