Expensive litter tray

Old January 26th 04, 12:12 AM
Lois Reay

Default Expensive litter tray

Has anyone bought one of these very expensive litter trays - look here

http://www.litter-robot.com/

Lois

Old January 26th 04, 05:02 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lois Reay wrote:

Has anyone bought one of these very expensive litter trays - look here

http://www.litter-robot.com/

Lois

If I were going to sepnd THAT kind of money, I'd get the kind I've seen
at Petco and PetsMart, which actually FLUSH the waste down the toilet!
They use special re-cyclable granules which are washed with each flush.
Those probably need replenishing from time to time, and there's the
ongoing expense of their special liquid disinfectant, but they certainly
looked ideal to me! (Unfortunately, I can't find them on any of the
web-pages I used to refer people to - I wonder if they weren't as ideal
as they seemed, or whether the close to US$300 price tag deterred too
many would-be buyers?)
Old January 26th 04, 06:21 AM
John Biltz

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:02:01 -0800, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote
(in message ):

Lois Reay wrote:

Has anyone bought one of these very expensive litter trays - look here

http://www.litter-robot.com/

Lois

I saw those litter trays demonstrated on a TV show a month or two ago.
They looked nice but seem too high priced. Might be worth if it you had
a cat that threw litter or appearance was real important. The tray that
holds the litter could be bigger as well.

Old January 26th 04, 05:44 PM
Duke of URL

In ,
Lois Reay radiated into the WorldWideWait:

Has anyone bought one of these very expensive litter trays - look
here http://www.litter-robot.com/

Didn't look - is that the one with the automatic rake? Maggi got one
from her sister - her cats watched the rake go through the sand,
looked at Maggi and said "You GOTTA be outta yer mind - get in there
and get eaten?"

Old January 26th 04, 07:17 PM
John Biltz

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 9:44:22 -0800, Duke of URL wrote
(in message ):

In ,
Lois Reay radiated into the WorldWideWait:

Has anyone bought one of these very expensive litter trays - look
here http://www.litter-robot.com/

Didn't look - is that the one with the automatic rake? Maggi got one
from her sister - her cats watched the rake go through the sand,
looked at Maggi and said "You GOTTA be outta yer mind - get in there
and get eaten?"

No, this is a different one. Its a sphere on a base with a hole cut in
the side for the cat to enter and exit. The sphere rotates after the
cats use it and a delay and the droppings and litter fall into catch
basin. As it rotates more the litter exits out a filter grid then the
remains are dumped into waste recepticle. Its over $300 so its awfully
high priced but it does look nice. More like a childs toy than a liter
box. My cats love that rake by the way. When I first got it Maya would
hear the rake start and run in there just to watch it work.

Old January 26th 04, 09:30 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:17:21 -0800, John Biltz
wrote:

[...]

Well, I figure some cats must like those things, but before I'd shell
out over $300 I'd sure what to know my crew would use it. I figure
Sammy would, but Little Bit is one of those conspiracy theory cats who
views anything new with suspicion and a possible hoomin plot

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 27th 04, 05:19 PM
LAL

Greetings...

I just bought a LitterRobot with my December petsitting earnings. I claim
it's a gift for the cats, but it's really for me. It's been there 2 weeks
and they haven't touched it. *sigh* If I can get even one of them to use
it, it would really help out the situation.

What I really wanted was the Litter-Free (flushes kinda like a toilet). But
they're out of business and I've heard too many people searching desperately
for the granuals/washing fluid.

LAL

Old January 27th 04, 06:32 PM
John Biltz

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 9:19:50 -0800, LAL wrote
(in message ):

I am not surprised that would happen. It happens a lot with the
littermaid too. I would take the used litter out of their box and put
that in there. The scent would probably give them the idea and may make
them feel safer. I would give it another week and then try a few things.
You could make it the only litter box available for them a couple hours a
day for longer and longer periods as time goes on. You could also just
let the other litter box get less attractive to them by not cleaning it
as often. Two weeks with cats isn't that long and they may come to like
it.

Old January 27th 04, 09:54 PM
Hopitus2

Good luck with the whole thing. Our cats will not use any litter box with
any kind of cover or hood (who knows what goes on in the minds of cats?) so
we just humor them; it's not a whole lot of trouble to sweep up and
redeposit clumping-type sand litter back into box. OTOH, some hoomins are
neatness freaks, wanting their furry dictators to be as nitpicking neat as
they are (one probably invented this thing). It ain't gonna happen, folks.
Cats are clean, self-cleaning entities, but they could care less what we
have to do to keep their surroundings liveable.

.net...
:
[...]
: ...

Old January 28th 04, 03:02 AM

LAL wrote:

Greetings...

I just bought a LitterRobot with my December petsitting earnings. I claim
it's a gift for the cats, but it's really for me. It's been there 2 weeks
and they haven't touched it. *sigh* If I can get even one of them to use
it, it would really help out the situation.

What I really wanted was the Litter-Free (flushes kinda like a toilet). But
they're out of business and I've heard too many people searching desperately
for the granuals/washing fluid.

Aha! THAT'S why I couldn't find it on any of the websites! (I tried
Petco, PetsMart, and Foster and Smith, all of whom used to carry it, and
couldn't find it.) Too bad - it looked like a really brilliant
invention, but I was afraid it was likely to be just too expensive for
most people.

LAL