Goodbye, Mr. Bathroom Cat

Old May 17th 05, 11:59 PM
Charlie Wilkes

Default Goodbye, Mr. Bathroom Cat

I just let him go. I figured he was feeling ok because he hissed at
me and charged the gate of the pet porter. So I opened the gate and
stepped back into the house. He looked at me through the slats in the
side of the pet porter as though he was wondering if this was yet
another trick. Then he took off -- at a brisk pace, but not a full-on
run.

He is free to do his own thing and I will never bother him again. He
is a fine, healthy animal and I wish him well. I made sure he knows
where to come find food if he wants it.

Charlie
Old May 18th 05, 12:09 AM
KellyH

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
I just let him go. I figured he was feeling ok because he hissed at
me and charged the gate of the pet porter. So I opened the gate and
stepped back into the house. He looked at me through the slats in the
side of the pet porter as though he was wondering if this was yet
another trick. Then he took off -- at a brisk pace, but not a full-on
run.

He is free to do his own thing and I will never bother him again. He
is a fine, healthy animal and I wish him well. I made sure he knows
where to come find food if he wants it.

Charlie

You did a good thing getting him neutered, esp since he did turn out to be a
lynx hybrid. He could have gone around making some super-feral babies.

I hope you see BC again.

--
-Kelly

Old May 18th 05, 12:17 AM
bigbadbarry

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
I just let him go. I figured he was feeling ok because he hissed at
me and charged the gate of the pet porter. So I opened the gate and
stepped back into the house. He looked at me through the slats in

the
side of the pet porter as though he was wondering if this was yet
another trick. Then he took off -- at a brisk pace, but not a

full-on
run.

He is free to do his own thing and I will never bother him again. He
is a fine, healthy animal and I wish him well. I made sure he knows
where to come find food if he wants it.

Charlie

Asta lavista baby

say...you've mentioned it 2wice, how did you show him where food was...

sounds like a silly question, but you never expanded on it.

Old May 18th 05, 12:51 AM
Mary

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
I just let him go. I figured he was feeling ok because he hissed at
me and charged the gate of the pet porter. So I opened the gate and
stepped back into the house. He looked at me through the slats in the
side of the pet porter as though he was wondering if this was yet
another trick. Then he took off -- at a brisk pace, but not a full-on
run.

He is free to do his own thing and I will never bother him again. He
is a fine, healthy animal and I wish him well. I made sure he knows
where to come find food if he wants it.

You did a good thing, Charlie. Any sign of the mama cat or babies?

Old May 18th 05, 12:57 AM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote :
Charlie

You did a good thing getting him neutered, esp since he did turn out to be

lynx hybrid. He could have gone around making some super-feral babies.

Kelly, I really thought Charlie was joking about that. Charlie, did they
really say he was a lynx hybrid?

Old May 18th 05, 01:36 AM
KellyH

"Diane" wrote
I think he was kidding about that . . .

Oops, guess I'm gullible!

--
-Kelly

Old May 18th 05, 02:31 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 17 May 2005 06:59:47p, Charlie Wilkes wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

I just let him go. I figured he was feeling ok because he
hissed at me and charged the gate of the pet porter. So I
opened the gate and stepped back into the house. He looked at
me through the slats in the side of the pet porter as though he
was wondering if this was yet another trick. Then he took off
-- at a brisk pace, but not a full-on run.

I know that walk. I TNRd cats in my neighborhood and it was the
hardest thing for me to let them go. There was no other choice
though. To see a cat that you cared enough about to see to
his/her well-being (but not able to find a home for them) walk
away, turn around and look back at you, is just heart-wrenching.

He is free to do his own thing and I will never bother him
again. He is a fine, healthy animal and I wish him well. I
made sure he knows where to come find food if he wants it.

Congrats on the TNR Charlie. I hope he continues to come back for
food and maybe even companionship.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old May 18th 05, 03:07 AM
Mary

"Diane" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,
"KellyH" wrote:

You did a good thing getting him neutered, esp since he did turn out to

be a
lynx hybrid.

I think he was kidding about that . . .

You don't say. Halfwit.

Old May 18th 05, 03:38 AM
bigbadbarry

Mary wrote:
"Diane" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,
"KellyH" wrote:

You did a good thing getting him neutered, esp since he did turn

out to
be a
lynx hybrid.

I think he was kidding about that . . .

You don't say. Halfwit.

wooooooooooooooooooo!!

Bathroom Accompaniment on the Flip Side jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 January 9th 05 07:54 PM
Goodbye Rory badwilson Cat anecdotes 69 August 26th 04 03:18 AM
"Putting on Make-up with Mommy" CatNipped Cat anecdotes 82 July 2nd 04 07:17 PM
Cats in the bathroom.. RobZip Cat health & behaviour 42 April 7th 04 09:31 PM
cat wants privacy in the bathroom MGW Cat health & behaviour 12 February 5th 04 08:10 AM