Tee hee...My Honey and Joe Kitty

Old May 7th 04, 06:25 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Gracecat" had some very interesting things
to say about politics and religion:

Too true Pam. For everything opinion, reaction, rant and sentiment expressed
here, the opposite is always present.

And last time I checked, most adults could express their opinions
without stooping to playground namecalling against people who hold
different views.

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL
Old May 7th 04, 09:46 AM

Sherry wrote:

DH, who said, "No, it wasn't "Toad Squat." It was "The Toad Suck
Festival" in Conway, ARK.

That's even more bizarre!!

Looking forward to the Christopher Guest movie about it.

Joyce

Old May 7th 04, 03:05 PM
Annie Wxill

"Sherry " wrote in message
.... My apologies to the organizers of the Toad Suck Festival, the reigning
Toad
Suck Queen, and any rpca members who may or may not have been

inconvenienced by
this regrettable error.

Sherry

Sheesh! If I were partaking of any liquid substances, you'd owe me a
keyboard. Thanks for the laugh. I'll be chuckling about this all day.
Annie

Old May 7th 04, 03:50 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Gracecat wrote:

And yes, unfortunately
Satanism is a branch of paganism. Yet it's one that is far far far far
removed from Wicca and it's cousins.

Wait a minute, is this statement right? If so then I'm misunderstanding
what I've read. Having been raised Christian I became very interested
in paganism and wicca when we first began discussions like this years
ago. I bought books which I read so that I would understand more about
the beliefs of many of my friends here. I understood that Satanism
would be an offshoot of Christianity/Judism since Satan is a Christian
entity. If you don't believe in God then you wouldn't believe in Satan.
That's not to say that there aren't dark forces in pagan/wiccan beliefs
but that they are more a part of the balance of nature rather than an
evil being designed to turn you from God.

Julie
just hoping to understand

Old May 7th 04, 04:42 PM
GraceCat

Hmmm... I'm just learning Julie, to be honest. I came out of the closet
to friends and family about being pagan just a few months ago..
Soooooooo... Absolutely, yes I could be wrong.

The definition of paganism that I learned is: "those religions that do
not follow the faith and beliefs of the Sons of Abraham." Those include
Muslim, Judaism, and Christianity. Anything else, buddhaism, tao,
siskrit etc are technically by that definition, paganism. Although its
practioners might disagree . Most of today is neopagan, which includes
wicca and have been around for the most of the last 200 years. The older
religions that I'm aware of are voodoo, witchcraft (which wicca can use,
its similar), the occult which includes Satanism.

Oh shoot Julie. I'm getting myself confused. And that's not hard to do.

Grace
going off to read more

Old May 7th 04, 08:36 PM
Jette Goldie

"GraceCat" wrote

The definition of paganism that I learned is: "those religions that do
not follow the faith and beliefs of the Sons of Abraham." Those include
Muslim, Judaism, and Christianity. Anything else, buddhaism, tao,
siskrit etc are technically by that definition, paganism. Although its
practioners might disagree . Most of today is neopagan, which includes
wicca and have been around for the most of the last 200 years. The older
religions that I'm aware of are voodoo, witchcraft (which wicca can use,
its similar), the occult which includes Satanism.

Pagan - coming from "paganus" - gods of the countryside.

However since one of the Pagan god-figures is "Herne"
who is a horned man, and another is Pan, who is a horned
man with goat legs, these god-figures become confused
with the idea of "Satan", giving rise to the idea that Pagans
worship Satan.

Another form is "Heathen", from "worshipper on the heath".

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/