I know somebody else must do this too

Old August 16th 04, 12:00 PM
O J

Default I know somebody else must do this too

I know somebody else must do this too

I'm retired now, but when I was at the office, I would call home and
often get the recorder. It was tied to a speaker so someone in the
house could hear who was on the phone and pick it up if they wanted to
speak to the caller right away.

Of course, sometimes DH was out shopping or otherwise indisposed. I'd
learned from her that the cats though loved to hear my voice coming
over the speaker. This led to the following crazy cat person
behavior: talking to your cats over the speakerphone...

"Is my Smokey there? My Smokey, Smokey boy, daddy's good boy! And
what about my Lady Jane, my pretty Janie, who is daddy's snuggy cat?
How about my Tasha? My pretty, pretty Natasha. Who has daddy's
sweetest face? Is my Sumo there? Oh, Sumo, Sumo, Sumo! Who is
daddy's good little man? Bye bye kitties. Tell Meowmie to call me at
the office. Good little babies."

Actually, this went on longer sometimes if I suspected Lynda was there
but temporarily indisposed. We didn't get Squidget or Roxy till after
I retired or I would naturally have had to include them too.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old August 16th 04, 03:51 PM
Mary

"O J" wrote in message
I know somebody else must do this too

My uncle and I were just talking about this. We both do it. He and his wife
are retired, and if they have a long day off somewhere, they call the cats.

Old August 16th 04, 03:51 PM
Mary

Old August 16th 04, 03:51 PM
Mary

Old August 16th 04, 07:17 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:00:12 GMT, O J
yodeled:

I know somebody else must do this too

(snip)

Yes.

Theresa
Old August 16th 04, 07:17 PM
Kreisleriana

Old August 16th 04, 07:17 PM
Kreisleriana

Old August 16th 04, 11:31 PM
Yowie

"O J" wrote in message
[...]

We don't have the type of answering service that has a speaker, but we do
have a cordless phone. Both of us have rung when away from home, and both of
us have taken the phone over to the critters so the other could say hello.

Shmogg issn't all that interested, after all, there is no food forthcoming,
but often Fluffy sniffs & licks the phone alot, and once pretty much tried
to join her precious Daddy by jumping through the receiver. Its so cute.

Yowie

---