I know somebody else must do this too

Old August 17th 04, 08:29 AM

Melissa Houle wrote:

I retain enough self-consiousness that I'd feel a little silly
if a co-worker were to hear me coo "How's my wittle Mr. Mookums
today?" into the phone. =o)

LOL! Everyone would then know that you are an over-the-top kitty slave.
Or, even worse, they might think Mr. Mookums was a *human*.

Joyce

Old August 17th 04, 07:45 PM
Charleen Welton

My husband does this also. David travels all around the country and into
Canada. Of the three cats only Mr. Pumpkin will respond. The other two are
busy sleeping or eating. But, Mr. P will rub up against the phone going one
way and rub against it again going the other way. And with a good head butt
he ends the conversation. What a team those two are! I'm glad to hear there
are other "cat speakers."
Charleen

Old August 17th 04, 08:25 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Charleen
Welton" wrote:

My husband does this also. David travels all around the country and into
Canada. Of the three cats only Mr. Pumpkin will respond. The other two
are
busy sleeping or eating. But, Mr. P will rub up against the phone going
one
way and rub against it again going the other way. And with a good head
butt
he ends the conversation. What a team those two are! I'm glad to hear
there
are other "cat speakers."
Charleen

Most of mine have been telephone-qualified, but Chatterley (RB) and
Rhonda both eventually would carefully inspect the back of the phone,
clearly assuming a human was hiding there. Don't know if that's a female
cat thing.

Old August 18th 04, 12:04 AM
Melissa Houle

wrote in message
news
Melissa Houle wrote:

I retain enough self-consiousness that I'd feel a little silly
if a co-worker were to hear me coo "How's my wittle Mr. Mookums
today?" into the phone. =o)

LOL! Everyone would then know that you are an over-the-top kitty slave.
Or, even worse, they might think Mr. Mookums was a *human*.

Joyce

LOL. "Meet Mr. Mookums, our personal banker." On second thought, nah. It
doesn't enhance human dignity and does very little to enhance feline
dignity.

The kicker is, Mr. Mookums isn't even the silliest nickname I've made up for
my cats. Pan sort of puts up with it, but looks martyred when I call him
Loodles, or Poodle-Pie. (Don't ask me where I came up with that one, I just
blurted it out, one night, and it stuck, much to Pan's mortification.) Then
there's the ever-useful "Pooky" and "Rubby-Dubby Tummy" Or "Booboochnik"
For the girls, it's "Angel Paws", "Mouse-nose," "Booboochka" and
"Sweetie-bird." But I would not want to be overheard EVER while cooing any
of these names into a telephone at work, where my supervisor and co-workers
still nourish the illusion that I'm a sentient adult. Maintaining this
illusion is exhausting, of course, but one must pay the bills at some point.

Melissa