You've gotta see this cat video!...

Old September 23rd 04, 05:58 AM
Takayuki

Seanette Blaylock wrote:

Takayuki had some very interesting things to
say about You've gotta see this cat video!...:

But it's more likely that Betty's eventual companion would
be older than younger, because that's what the shelters usually have.

OTOH, she'll be more likely to amicably accept a younger cat, and
probably do better with a male. An older cat, especially another
female, is more likely to have her feeling that her territory is being
threatened, IMO.

This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to be considered during
the contemplation period. If I got another cat, I could keep it on
the second floor, which Betty does not seem to consider her territory.

I'll keep the gender issue in mind, but all this advice is coming from
two people who don't even seem to be sure whether their own pets are
boys or girls.

Old September 23rd 04, 06:06 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Takayuki had some very interesting things to
say about You've gotta see this cat video!...:

But it's more likely that Betty's eventual companion would
be older than younger, because that's what the shelters usually have.

OTOH, she'll be more likely to amicably accept a younger cat, and
probably do better with a male. An older cat, especially another
female, is more likely to have her feeling that her territory is being
threatened, IMO.

This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to be considered during
the contemplation period. If I got another cat, I could keep it on
the second floor, which Betty does not seem to consider her territory.
I'll keep the gender issue in mind, but all this advice is coming from
two people who don't even seem to be sure whether their own pets are
boys or girls.

In my defense, it's very hard to tell with birds, short of invasive
medical procedures or egg-laying :-).*I* have no trouble determining
gender in dogs or cats, where the external evidence usually speaks for
itself ;-). (The Attilla incident wasn't my fault, since I was about
six or seven at the time ;-) ).

I'll let Pam speak for herself. :-)

Old September 23rd 04, 05:44 PM
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to be considered during
the contemplation period. If I got another cat, I could keep it on
the second floor, which Betty does not seem to consider her territory.

I'll keep the gender issue in mind, but all this advice is coming from
two people who don't even seem to be sure whether their own pets are
boys or girls.

LOL However, the kitties had no doubts about their genders.

Pam S. smiling