The Biopsy results :-(

Old February 24th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Default The Biopsy results :-(

I'm just so, so, sorry to hear this, what terrible news. Hugs,
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

tanadashoes wrote:
Well, we knew the cancer was back, but were hoping that it was the
Anaplastic Malignant Oliodendroglioma (what I call AMG or MAG
depending on how I write it that day). Doogie told me today that the
biopsy shows borderling GBM. Glioblastoma Metaforme is the worst kind
you can get. The usual life span after this is 3-6 months. Since it
is borderline, it should be longer, but not by much.

I'm not surprised by the diagnoses. I was expecting to get bad news.
I'll have to love him all the more for the time I've got with him.
Damn it. No one should have to go through this.

Rob is feeding himself today. Even with his problems, he still eats
more neatly than I do when I'm healthy. Part of the problem is that
Rob doesn't like to get help when he needs it. Just now, he had a
problem, wet himself, stripped himself down to the bare bones and was
trying to get a new gown and dress himself. Both the nurse and I were
shocked and amused at the same time.

Dr Ewend is out west doing dr things, so will talk to us when he gets
back next week. We can't do much of anything until we get the
siezures stopped. Then it will go on from there. I'm sorry that it
isn't good news group, but at least Rob will be taken care of for the
time he has left.

Pam S.

Old February 24th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Feb 23, 10:55 am, "tanadashoes" wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry to hear this, Pam. Comforting purrs to you and Rob. What
a rotten break.

Melissa

Old February 24th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pmendhall

Pam,

Sorry to hear of the early results for Rob. Please know that we are sending
purrs, doggie drool, good thoughts, etc. your way.

Diane

Old February 24th 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Pam, what does "borderline" mean in this case? Does that mean they're
not sure, or that it's changing into GBM?

I hope Rob is feeling better and keeps up his stubborn streak. I'm sure
that will help him in the long run.

I also hope he'll be able to choose a different time frame and you have
a lot of time left with him.

Take care,

Rhonda

Old February 24th 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

"Randy" wrote in message
news
"tanadashoes" wrote:
Well, we knew the cancer was back, but were hoping that it was the
Anaplastic Malignant Oliodendroglioma (what I call AMG or MAG
depending on how I write it that day). Doogie told me today that the
biopsy shows borderling GBM.

{{{{{{{{Pam & Rob}}}}}}}}

Such sad news. You will remain in our thoughts.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Pam, all our love and support to you and Rob. You are in our thoughts.

Hugs,

Bev

Old February 24th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

tanadashoes wrote:

Dr Ewend is out west doing dr things, so will talk to us when he gets
back next week. We can't do much of anything until we get the
siezures stopped. Then it will go on from there. I'm sorry that it
isn't good news group, but at least Rob will be taken care of for the
time he has left.

I am so sorry, Pam - we are sending you loads of purrs to keep strong
for as long as Rob is with you.
(((((((((((((Pam, Rob and all the family)))))))))))))

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old February 24th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JBHajos

On 23 Feb 2007 10:55:42 -0800, "tanadashoes"
wrote:

Well, we knew the cancer was back, but were hoping that it was the
Anaplastic Malignant Oliodendroglioma (what I call AMG or MAG
depending on how I write it that day). Doogie told me today that the
biopsy shows borderling GBM. Glioblastoma Metaforme is the worst kind
you can get. The usual life span after this is 3-6 months.

I can't find the words to express how sorry we are to hear this. I
wish with all my heart that fate had been kinder to you and Rob. You
are in our thoughts and will be throughout. Bless you all.

Jeanne
Old February 24th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

Dr Ewend is out west doing dr things, so will talk to us when he gets
back next week. We can't do much of anything until we get the
siezures stopped. Then it will go on from there. I'm sorry that it
isn't good news group, but at least Rob will be taken care of for the
time he has left.

Pam S.
Pam, I'm so sorry, words are inadequate. Purrs and hugs continue.
Suz&Spicey

Old February 24th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel

((((((Pam, Rob, and family)))) -- you are all in our thoughts and purrayers.
Christine
oups.com...

Old February 24th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am so sorry you have to go through all of this, but I am sure rob feels
blessed to have a partner such as you, Le still praying