Double Purrs Needed

Old October 17th 03, 09:01 AM
Kate

Default Double Purrs Needed

Well, the good news is that Meg is a lot better - her coat is sleek
again, she's eating and drinking properly and playing again.

Unfortunately, Fudge and Caramel have now come down with the same
initial symptoms, not eating and vomiting froth - fortunately no
mouth ulcers as yet.

Fudge started overnight on Wednesday, so I took her to the vet
yesterday. Caramel started overnight last night.

The vet is now of the opinion that they have some sort of virus,
possibly Calici, though they have all been vaccinated against it -
maybe there is a new strain.

The vet has done a full blood works on Fudge, including the tests for
FIP and Leukemia, and everything has come back clear. She did have a
little bit of a temperature which also suggests a virus.

He has given her an anti-inflammatory injection to try and stimulate
the eating, and a course of anti-biotics to fight any bacterial
infection that might start, like ulcers.

I will be speaking to the vet this morning about Caramel, and she
will probably start the same anti-biotic course.

Hopefully, by catching it this early, we should prevent them having
to go through the hospitilisation.

So if there are any spare purrs etc about I think Fudge and Caramel
would appreciate them as they are both feeling a bit rough.

Thanks,
Kate.
Old October 17th 03, 01:29 PM
:-\)Liz

Purrs to all the kids!

I took Simon back to the vet yesterday morning and the abcesses he had in
the back of his mouth and roof of his mouth were gone.... the deep cracks(on
the back of tongue) were still there... BUT he now has a huge abcess on the
front of his tongue .....she gave him two super dupper shots. If he doesn't
show improvement by Saturdays recheck she will have to knock him out and
take a tongue biospy...
Thankfully, he's gained another 5 ounces and some of his fur is growing
back.......
Oh, and I forgot to mention....the vet ruled out Calicivirus.....I just want
my Simon well....sighhhhhhhh.... :-)Liz (remove the fur if responding in
private)

om...

Old October 17th 03, 02:02 PM
lrulan

oh dear, poor Simon. We want him well too. We are still purring and praying
and lighting candles for his full recovery.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

":-)Liz" wrote in message
om...
Purrs to all the kids!

I took Simon back to the vet yesterday morning and the abcesses he had in
the back of his mouth and roof of his mouth were gone.... the deep

cracks(on
the back of tongue) were still there... BUT he now has a huge abcess on

the
front of his tongue .....she gave him two super dupper shots. If he

doesn't
show improvement by Saturdays recheck she will have to knock him out and
take a tongue biospy...
Thankfully, he's gained another 5 ounces and some of his fur is growing
back.......
Oh, and I forgot to mention....the vet ruled out Calicivirus.....I just

want
my Simon well....sighhhhhhhh.... :-)Liz (remove the fur if responding in
private)

om...

Old October 17th 03, 02:22 PM
Marina

"Kate" wrote

Unfortunately, Fudge and Caramel have now come down with the same
initial symptoms, not eating and vomiting froth

Oh, that is terrible, Kate! Many many purrs coming over for the poor babies.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old October 17th 03, 07:25 PM
Steve Touchstone

On 17 Oct 2003 01:01:23 -0700, (Kate) wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear that Meg is doing well, but sorry to hear about the
others coming down with whateveer it is that's making them sick. We'll
start the purr motors, rev it up high and start sending get-well purrs
on the double
Old October 17th 03, 07:25 PM
Steve Touchstone

Sending purrs to Simon as well

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:29:40 GMT, ":-\)Liz"
wrote:

Purrs to all the kids!

I took Simon back to the vet yesterday morning and the abcesses he had in
the back of his mouth and roof of his mouth were gone.... the deep cracks(on
the back of tongue) were still there... BUT he now has a huge abcess on the
front of his tongue .....she gave him two super dupper shots. If he doesn't
show improvement by Saturdays recheck she will have to knock him out and
take a tongue biospy...
Thankfully, he's gained another 5 ounces and some of his fur is growing
back.......
Oh, and I forgot to mention....the vet ruled out Calicivirus.....I just want
my Simon well....sighhhhhhhh.... :-)Liz (remove the fur if responding in
private)

. com...

Old October 17th 03, 07:43 PM
:-\)Liz

Kate, if your Vet make a definative diagnosis...will you please post his/her
fidings...Maybe, this will help with Simon....I hope the meds are starting
to kick in now with Fudge and Caramel!....Lots of Love and Well Wishes
coming your way...... :-) Liz

om...

Old October 17th 03, 10:00 PM
Victor Martinez

Kate wrote:
So if there are any spare purrs etc about I think Fudge and Caramel
would appreciate them as they are both feeling a bit rough.

Purrs on the way for the pair with the delicious names!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he