You have been a cat owner to long when....

Old April 6th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Default You have been a cat owner to long when....

MaryL wrote:

wrote in message
1) Your cat walks into the lounge, meows at you, you meow back and
then you realise you are actually on the phone to a BT customer rep..
(Happened to me today).

2) You don't notice the cat fur all over your jumper and are
particulalry oblivious to the white hair on the black suit...

2b) Corollary: You select furniture that will be color-coordinated with
your cats because you want your cats to feel free to use all of your
furniture.

The cats will feel free to use all your furniture whatever the colour -
but you'll have to remove the evidence less frequently if you have a
black cat and black instead of white furniture.

Unfortunately, when the late Mandy and Betsy were still around, I
discovered a distinct lack of furniture in tabby/white/reddish combinations.

Cheryl
Old April 6th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Cheryl P." wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

wrote in message
1) Your cat walks into the lounge, meows at you, you meow back and
then you realise you are actually on the phone to a BT customer rep..
(Happened to me today).

2) You don't notice the cat fur all over your jumper and are
particulalry oblivious to the white hair on the black suit...

2b) Corollary: You select furniture that will be color-coordinated with
your cats because you want your cats to feel free to use all of your
furniture.

The cats will feel free to use all your furniture whatever the colour -
but you'll have to remove the evidence less frequently if you have a black
cat and black instead of white furniture.

Unfortunately, when the late Mandy and Betsy were still around, I
discovered a distinct lack of furniture in tabby/white/reddish
combinations.

Cheryl

Yes, despite what I wrote, I no longer try to "color coordinate." I
actually did that when I had a white cat and got light-colored furniture.
As the years went by and colors of my cats changed, I just reverted to
vacuuming more often -- or, often, with "living with it" and it doesn't
bother me. I just want my furbabies by my side (or closer).

MaryL

Old April 7th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Billy Colburn

MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in message:
,

wrote in message
1) Your cat walks into the lounge, meows at you, you meow back and
then you realise you are actually on the phone to a BT customer rep..
(Happened to me today).

2) You don't notice the cat fur all over your jumper and are
particulalry oblivious to the white hair on the black suit...

2b) Corollary: You select furniture that will be color-coordinated
with your cats because you want your cats to feel free to use all of
your furniture.

So you select furniture the color of barfed-up hairballs?

--
Billy Colburn

Old April 7th 08, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
1) Your cat walks into the lounge, meows at you, you meow back and
then you realise you are actually on the phone to a BT customer rep..
(Happened to me today).

2) You don't notice the cat fur all over your jumper and are
particulalry oblivious to the white hair on the black suit...

2b) Corollary: You select furniture that will be color-coordinated
with your cats because you want your cats to feel free to use all of
your furniture.

So you select furniture the color of barfed-up hairballs?

--
Billy Colburn

That was printed more or less tongue in cheek, although the humor seems to
have been lost. I actually did get some light-colored furniture years ago
when I had a white cat, and that's when I began joking about color
coordinated furniture. As the years went by, I had cats of different
colors -- and, no, I did not change furniture to match each of my cats. I
just vacuum (shampoo, if needed) and enjoy the cats.

MaryL

Old April 7th 08, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

That was printed more or less tongue in cheek, although the humor seems to
have been lost. *I actually did get some light-colored furniture years ago
when I had a white cat, and that's when I began joking about color
coordinated furniture. *As the years went by, I had cats of different
colors -- and, no, I did not change furniture to match each of my cats. *I
just vacuum (shampoo, if needed) and enjoy the cats.

MaryL

Robbie is a Ginger boy, and instead of being *red* he's more
*caramel*. I have a fleecy blanket that he likes to sit on that lives
across my leather sofa to try and protect it. We joke that we bought
the fleecy blanket so that the furniture could match Robbie and he
could practice his ninja camoflauge skills....

It works well, he's camoflauged, and He's only been sat on twice by
accident!

Helen M
Old April 7th 08, 07:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message

[...]

I also tell people I have customized fur-lined drapes. (...cat high, along
the bottom)

MaryL

Old April 7th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

well the truth is with six, they see what we are wearing and the cat that
most will show fur is the one that leaves the fur, Lee
Cheryl P. wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

"Cheryl P." wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

I figured that, and I know your comment was tongue-in-cheek - but I
couldn't imagine a cat NOT feeling free to use the furniture under ANY
circumstances!

And it's perfectly true that when I had those two tabby-tortie cats
living with me, I wished I could have matching furniture and clothing! I
swear they could shed fur in any colour any cat ever produced, and of
course, they always seemed to shed their lighter fur on the darker
objects and vice versa!

Cheryl

Old April 7th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl P." wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

"Cheryl P." wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I have a get-together to play Trivial Pursuit or other games once a month.
One of the regulars is allergic to cats. He doses up on antihistamines
before coming, and I try to help by keeping a towel on the sofa and chair
where my cats like to lie. I remove the towel and vacuum the furniture
before he comes.

Joy

Old April 7th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John A

In article
,
wrote:

1) Your cat walks into the lounge, meows at you, you meow back and
then you realise you are actually on the phone to a BT customer rep..
(Happened to me today).

snipped
what I had done!)

Helen M

I'd have thought the more usual reaction to calling BT customer
services would be barking! (for those outside the UK BT is British
Telecom, the major phone service provider here and not always the
easiest outfit to deal with, though by no means the worst).

John, servant to their Imperial Siamese Majesties, Rhia and Amy
Old April 7th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"MaryL" ...
MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in message:
,

[...]