[OT] Movie Reviews

Old May 21st 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Movie Reviews

Yesterday we went to see "The DaVinci Code". It was OK, it wasn't as bad as
some of the critics have said, but it wasn't as good as the 3 months of
promotion leading up to it would have you believe. C+ / B-

But after we saw that we snuck into "Over The Hedge" (oooo, we're movie
criminals). That movie was so funny I almost peed my pants I was laughing
so hard. The commercials for it (as funny as they are, they don't do it
justice) don't include any of the final scenes, and that's where the best
laughs are. Even Ben, who is normally very reserved in public and even at
the funniest films only chuckles quietly, was bellowing with laughter. We
literally laughed until tears were streaming from our eyes and we were
having trouble breathing (you couldn't finish laughing from one scene before
another scene took you by surprise as even funnier). Don't wait to find a
kid to take to this movie, brass it out and go by yourself if you have to!
A+++++++++++++++!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 21st 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Sounds like fun, it won't be released here until, June 30th. Finland has
even longer to wait, it's released there September 22nd
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 21st 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

There are already protesters here in Florida out front of the movie
theaters. I guess they have not figured out the more you scream at someone
the more they will ignore you and try to see what they hype is about. More
money for the movies

Old May 21st 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I saw the Da Vinci Code Friday, and will probably see Over the Hedge this
coming Friday. I was already planning to see it, but your endorsement
reinfoces my wish. I'm 70 years old and go to movies alone almost every
week. I loved both Shrek movies and several other animated films, and it
doesn't bother me a bit to go alone.

Joy

Old May 22nd 06, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Joy wrote:

I saw the Da Vinci Code Friday, and will probably see Over the Hedge this
coming Friday. I was already planning to see it, but your endorsement
reinfoces my wish. I'm 70 years old and go to movies alone almost every
week. I loved both Shrek movies and several other animated films, and it
doesn't bother me a bit to go alone.

I've got the book "the Da Vinci Code" but haven't read it yet, as I'm
still wading my way through "Typee" by herman Melville. I don't plan on
seeing the movie. I really want to see "Over the Hedge" as I love the
comic strip. I'll probably end up buying the DVD when it comes out,
though.

For what it is worth, Emily has been tentatively diagnosed with a fuel
pump failure. So tomorrow I get to call a local repair shop and arrange
for her to go in for a fix. I have no idea how long that will take, or
will cost. It has to be done, though.

Pam S.
Old May 22nd 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
Joy wrote:

[...]

Purrs that it will be quick and relatively inexpensive.

Joy

Old May 22nd 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tanada wrote:
Joy wrote:

[...]

I tend to watch more movies on DVD, sometimes they're released on DVD in
America before their cinema release in the UK. In that case I just buy the
disc from the USA or Canada. I watched Stuart Little at least 3 months
before it was on at the cinema here.

Old May 22nd 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-22, Tanada penned:
plan on seeing the movie. I really want to see "Over the Hedge" as
I love the comic strip. I'll probably end up buying the DVD when it
comes out, though.

Oooooh.

I didn't make the connection between the comic and the movie. Duh!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

[OT] Movie Reviews CatNipped Cat health & behaviour 4 May 22nd 06 06:56 PM
[ot] Mindless Summer Movie Fun Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 0 June 16th 05 05:39 AM
Movie cat Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 0 February 22nd 05 01:03 AM
[OT] Soccer Movie Question Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 5 January 13th 04 03:57 PM
Declawing mentioned in movie "Elf" KellyH Cat health & behaviour 3 November 16th 03 12:13 AM