How much to feed a 4.5 lb cat?

Old September 4th 05, 10:39 AM
Phil P.

"(WebElder)" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 03:56:13 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

Do you always follow what you read,or
can you think for yourself?

Here's how the learning process works- since you don't know: I study the
literature of many people highly trained and educated in veterinary
nutrition for many years and then form my own conclusions and theories

based
on that research and my experience. So where does your fountain of
knowledge come from? since you obviously haven't researched feline

behavior
and nutrition.

"Highly trained"? or "self appointed"?

Diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Nutritionists and
Diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists are indeed
highly trained experts, Bozo. But you have no need to study feline nutrition
and behavior- you think you're a born expert with a special knack for
training cats how to self-regulate themselves. LOL!

I know by the last time I tried to educate you

You educate me? ROTFL! When it comes to feline nutrition, you're still

in
kindergarten while I'm in college.

Your ego is showing through...

Actually, its obvious that its you're ego that's bruised because you made a
fool of yourself. LOL!

as it does with most who actually have
the least to offer. I wonder what you would do if you couldn't copy
from others?

Awww, shucks, you're just saying that because you're jealous and can't
provide references to back up your utterly stupid, idiotic statements.
Idiots
like you always attack the messenger when they can't defeat the message.

that you seem to be
incapable of formulating a theory of your own. Virtually every
sentence of your post was quoted from other websites of "experts".

That's called backing up my statements with references from people highly

trained in feline nutrition and behavior.

Anybody can start a website and claim to be highly trained...such as
you do.

You have a reading comprehension disorder-maybe that's why you're so
uninformed and ignorant. The references I quoted in our first encounter
were cited from veterinary behavior texts written by ACVB Diplomates, fool.
You on the other hand, couldn't back up a *single* statement you made-- and
you *still* can't! LOL!

Well,I don't take for granted what "experts" have to say about
anything. I make my statements from my own evaluations.

You're evaluation process is flawed because you don't have an adequate
education and understanding of feline nutrition and behavior. Your silly
statements prove that fact. You're just too obtuse and egomaniacal to
accept
it.

Its called experience..something you seem to lack.

You have no idea of how much of a fool you're making of yourself. LOL!
Either you're new to cat newsgroups or you're just a monumental moron. I'll
just sit back and enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself and blabber on
about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Tell me more about my lack of experience, Bozo. LOL!

And please..try to curb your nasty attitude when you get frustrated
when attempting to disprove what I say. Trolls do this..I would have
thought you would be above it.

I just have little patience and regard for obtuse people like you who

think
they know what they're talking about when they don't and refuse to
listen to someone who is obviously much more informed and experienced.

Then why not mind your own business?

This is a public forum, Bozo- Haven't you noticed or aren't you normally
that observant?

What an ego from someone who
cannot speak for themselves...

I not only speak for myself- I back up what I speak-- You can't because
you're a fool and think you're some kind of born expert- born with some
magical abilities to train cats to self-regulate.

Dogs will eat until they are sick..but Cats will stop when they
have had enough to eat.

That's another ridiculous statement. An overweight or obese cat also

stops
eating when she's had 'enough to eat'. "Enough" for an overweight cat

is
obviously too much- otherwise she wouldn't be overweight, now would

she?

The overweight Cat may well be overweight due to its lifestyle..not to
overeating. Why do you have so much trouble comprehending this??

Why do you have so much trouble comprehending the fact that an overweight
cat is obviously overeating for her lifestyle?

Basic Feline nutrition 101: Obesity results when energy intake exceeds
energy requirements.

Thats what I said...

No it isn't. Do you have an attention disorder or are you just a sleazy,
backpedaling liar? You said "Cats will stop when they have had enough to
eat" and obesity results from lifestyle not overeating. -Two utterly asinine
statements.

Old September 4th 05, 10:42 AM
Phil P.

"(WebElder)" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 14:05:21 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote in message

You educate me? ROTFL! When it comes to feline nutrition, you're

still
in
kindergarten while I'm in college.

Actually, you're both in the asshole class.

Its always a pleasure to receive constructive criticism from the moron
class.

Did you read that at an "expert" "highly trained" website too?

Ignorant fools like you usually are sour grapes- Criticism of knowledge you
don't have is classic sour grapes.

Old September 4th 05, 11:24 AM
Upscale

"Phil P." wrote in message

No it isn't. Do you have an attention disorder or are you just a sleazy,
backpedaling liar? You said "Cats will stop when they have had enough to
eat" and obesity results from lifestyle not overeating. -Two utterly

asinine
statements.

If either of you two idiots took the time to examine this subject, you'd
realize that you're both talking about two different things. One of you is
saying that cats don't overeat until they make themselves sick and the other
one is saying that cats may eat more than they need which puts on excessive
weight, they just don't make themselves physically sick doing it.

The problem is that both of you are right about what you're saying - within
the confines of your arguments, just that you're both too damned pig headed
to give any consideration to the other's point of view.

Old September 4th 05, 01:22 PM

Upscale wrote:
"Phil P." wrote in message

No it isn't. Do you have an attention disorder or are you just a sleazy,
backpedaling liar? You said "Cats will stop when they have had enough to
eat" and obesity results from lifestyle not overeating. -Two utterly

asinine
statements.

If either of you two idiots took the time to examine this subject, you'd
realize that you're both talking about two different things. One of you is
saying that cats don't overeat until they make themselves sick and the other
one is saying that cats may eat more than they need which puts on excessive
weight, they just don't make themselves physically sick doing it.

The problem is that both of you are right about what you're saying - within
the confines of your arguments, just that you're both too damned pig headed
to give any consideration to the other's point of view.

This is the first thing you have said that is not idiotic. This is
encouraging. Otherwise you will give all us idiots a bad name. And
admit it. Of everybody you defame, you are probably the most
pig-headed! Come on. You're really proud of your nastiness! It's
probably what keeps you alive. By the way, Phil P. actually has
technical knowledge, so be nice to him. We need at least one person
posting who knows something. And he also takes care of sick cats. And
we need one person who actually helps sick cats posting! So behave.

Old September 4th 05, 04:17 PM
Phil P.

"Upscale" wrote in message
.. .
"Phil P." wrote in message

No it isn't. Do you have an attention disorder or are you just a sleazy,
backpedaling liar? You said "Cats will stop when they have had enough

eat" and obesity results from lifestyle not overeating. -Two utterly

asinine
statements.

If either of you two idiots took the time to examine this subject, you'd
realize that you're both talking about two different things. One of you is
saying that cats don't overeat until they make themselves sick and the

other
one is saying that cats may eat more than they need which puts on

excessive
weight, they just don't make themselves physically sick doing it.

I realize its difficult for you to follow what WebElder is saying because he
keeps changing his position after I point out where he was wrong, but you're
not exactly the brightest bulb in the lamp, either, because you obviously
don't understand what he said. This has nothing to do about cats overeating
until they get sick.

First he said 'cats stop eating when they had enough'. The context in which
that statement was used implies cats self-regulate their caloric intake-
which is true, but only for 60-70% of the cats.

Secondly, he said overweight are so because of their lifestyle, not because
they eat too much- which is ridiculous and contradicts his first statement
that 'cats stop eating when they enough". Cats that are overweight, are so
because their caloric intake exceeds their energy expenditure. Sedentary
cats have a lower daily energy requirement than an active cat. That should
be easy enough even for you to understand.

Finally, he said he never had an overweight cat so he "must be doing
something right"- implying he has some special knack that others lack for
getting their cats to self-regulate their caloric intake. The fact of the
matter is he was simply lucky because he just happened- *by chance* to have
cats that are in the 60-70% percentile of cats that do self-regulate their
intake.

All the rest of his blathering is merely a red herring and convolution to
confuse the issue and draw attention away from the fact that he was wrong
about nearly everything he said and that he doesn't have a clue about feline
nutrition or behavior. He's thinks he's one of those born experts who
doesn't need to study feline nutrition and behavior because he was born with
that special knack that instinctively tells him exactly what to do and what
not do. He obviously mistakes luck for skill and knowledge.

Does that clear things up for you- or you need diagrams?

Old September 4th 05, 05:27 PM
Phil P.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Upscale wrote:
"Phil P." wrote in message

[...]

Actually, it was idiotic because his understanding of the discussion is all
wrong. Although is it rather difficult to follow the blathering of WebElder
because he constantly flip-flops.

Old September 4th 05, 05:28 PM
Phil P.

"Diane" wrote in message
In article ,
"Phil P." wrote:

I realize its difficult for you to follow what WebElder is saying

because he
keeps changing his position

I noticed that, too. When his argument changed a half dozen times, I
quit. I think he's just trolling at this point.

I think he's just in denial. He's having a rough time accepting the painful
reality that he doesn't have that special knack or instinct or unique
ability to raise problem-free cats that he thought he did. I think his ego
is shattered because he's starting to realize that his cats don't have
eating problems because that's just how they are and not because he had
anything to do with it.

I think he's starting to realize he's not the born expert he thought he was
so he's is trying to convolute the discussion so no one else will notice
that he really doesn't know what he's talking about. That's why he keeps
changing his position in every other post. Its the old 'If you can't
impress them with intelligence, baffle them with bull****" ploy! LOL!

Old September 4th 05, 08:58 PM
Upscale

"Phil P." wrote in message

I realize its difficult for you to follow what WebElder is saying because

he
keeps changing his position after I point out where he was wrong, but

you're
not exactly the brightest bulb in the lamp, either, because you obviously
don't understand what he said.

Either way, thank you for confirming your status as just another self
important asshole. Say what you want, I won't see it, you're filtered.

Old September 4th 05, 09:57 PM
Trish

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote in message

I realize its difficult for you to follow what WebElder is saying

because
he
keeps changing his position after I point out where he was wrong,

but
you're
not exactly the brightest bulb in the lamp, either, because you

obviously
don't understand what he said.

Either way, thank you for confirming your status as just another self
important asshole. Say what you want, I won't see it, you're filtered.

Sadly Upscale, by blocking Phil P. you will miss out on a very valuable
source of information.

Old September 4th 05, 11:53 PM
shortfuse

I am sorry, but I dont agree. I,too,have blocked Phil P.(sadly. you still
get to see some of his remarks though)
I didnt care for his attitude toward others when they disagreed with his
opinion. He's not a vet, from what I hear, so I take what he said with a
grain of salt.