Mini cats

Old October 19th 05, 10:41 PM
alt4

Default Mini cats

Flames? Why, they accomplish nothing. I know what going without arthritis
medicine is like, I've had a torn rotator cuff that wasn't diagnosed for
months and arthritis medicine? They gave me Ibuprofen and said suck it up.
But let that go. I was wondering where you were because every so often a
deep grey male, not very tall comes by. I think he may be the same one you
mean if you're in Ohio.

--
"Other than telling us how to live, think,
marry, pray, vote, invest, educate our
"Chuck" wrote in message
Shadow Walker wrote in message
If these cats your feeding have not been to a vet and wormed then
malnutrition is a possibility. They can be suffering malnutrition just
enough to not get the nutrition they need to grow. that's why most wild
born
cats are small. Take wild kittens away from their mother vet them, worm
them
and they will get bigger than mom and dad. The next generation will be
even
more normal domestic size. I have had to capture, tame, raise and remove
wild cats. They are usually smaller than your average house cat but don't
look like they are suffering from malnutrition until you see their gums,
compare weight and size, and look closely at their coats. Worms, internal
parasites, fleas, earmites the list goes on and on, how could they
possibly
not have some kind of malnutrition going on?

I would suggest getting the females spayed very soon before they have
more
kittens. They are the age for that and if they do get pregnant then they
really will not grow more. Children having children syndrome.

Gina

Uh huh... and I was born yesterday, and haven't
had any experience with cats, both feral and
domestic for the last 50 or so years... that I
cannot recognize symptoms or anything else ITR--
only the big superior Ego's here have all the right
answers-- as was the case in the "oh no, the sky
is falling" replies when I asked if anyone had any
experience with bone growths (IRT my cat Maxi).

Than one cost me $125 for nothing-- as it turned
out, my deductions were correct in the first place.
Apparently my common-sense gut feelings seems
more applicable than the pejorative "oh no... bad
bad" judgments that seem to be so prevalent here.

In any event, I came here foolishly thinking I could
engage in a discussion IRT minicats-- a potentially
interesting subject-- not to get chided for imagined
misdeeds, or get unsolicited diagnosis on cat's
never seen by self appointed know-it-alls.

Silly me!

~C
Enjoy your flames...

Old October 20th 05, 12:36 AM
Chuck

alt4 wrote in message
Flames? Why, they accomplish nothing. I know what going without arthritis
medicine is like, I've had a torn rotator cuff that wasn't diagnosed for
months and arthritis medicine? They gave me Ibuprofen and said suck it up.
But let that go. I was wondering where you were because every so often a
deep grey male, not very tall comes by. I think he may be the same one you
mean if you're in Ohio.

Hi alt4,

Actually I'm out west...

Y'know I had a case of Ibuprofen poisoning
(I've had chronic spinal arthritus for about
15 years, but didn't retire until a few years
ago) before the cox inhibitors came along.
Now they tell me I'll get a heart attack from
those...

It seems one can't win for losing, eh?

~C

Old October 20th 05, 01:41 AM
Chuck

No More Retail wrote in message
om...
Well if you gut feeling was so right WHY did you do it well simple
answer you did not for sure if you were right. You did not waste $125 you
spent $125 to have peace of mind about a loved one. Money well spent and
worth the pain.

Silly us you described several problems got feed back about all of them.
Silly us for giving a care no matter what I still care and willing to help

Than you ask about another problem and get feed back and get prissy
about it. This is the usernet you will get opinions from all sorts. A cat
can be eating, look healthy and have a severe problem of malnutrition.
Unless you are a trained and certified vet not matter how much experience
you have YOU can not make a diagnoses. A cat may look healthy but how are
the cats gums, is the cat having correct stool movements, is the cats
belly tender, is the cat running a fever, is the cats' coat rough, does the
cat have a intense thirst, is the cat vomiting, is the cat wheezing or
unexplained choking, is the cat having fainting spells. You can not answer
those questions the cats according to you live in your back yard and a an
outside cat can have heartworms real easy it is spread by mosquitoes. Real
easy to prevent it simple once a month medication

And I have over 40 years with cats plus 20 years as a volunteer in shelters
and I know that if it ain't obvious have a pro check it out.

"cats gums, is the cat having correct stool movements, is the cats
belly tender, is the cat running a fever, is the cats' coat rough, does the
cat have a intense thirst, is the cat vomiting, is the cat wheezing or
unexplained choking, is the cat having fainting spells"

Those are all observables-- your 40 years
should have taught you that. Perhaps you
mistakenly believe I treat the "outsiders" like
hobos, or the like. Not so-- I pay as much
attention, and give them as much love and
care (including neutering and shots if I can
catch them) as I do the "insiders" ... and yes,
I do find homes for them if I can-- having
them killed is never an option.

I held-off neutering the little ones, as I was
(still am) curious about breeding-- no help
here, though!

The problem is, I have money concerns now,
that were not there before my wife's breast
cancer, which has been a financial drain--
especially since I'm retired and she was still
working-- but due to lymphoma as a result
of surgery (lymph node removal) she can no
longer do so... and health insurance is a joke!

I believe I offered to find you a low cost vet if you let me know what
general area you lived in I can find out where no cost or low cost vet
service is or isn't. I can post home remedies for alot of aliments for
cats. I don't need to know what address just general area such as the
county and state

Dwarfism covers several aspect other than just stubby legs. the cat might
be smaller due to being a stray its mother might have been inbreeding for a
long time, the cat could have some nutrition problem. As for the other post
that benign cyst could have been cancer, a tumor a pocket of infection
there is so much stuff out there unless you are a trained vet all you can do
is guess.

The nice thing about the net, is one can
research just about anything. It did not
take long to learn about such things as
Fibrosarcoma, Extraskelital
osteosarcoma, Squamous cell carcinoma,
Feline parosteal and osteophytes, et al,
plus see the x-rays and PET scans, then
read all about their differing symptoms,
characteristics, and physiologies.

From that, I had a good Idea it was likely
benign. From the posts, I thought I had
missed something. My vet had confirmed I
had not.

The point of my post being: I did not ask for
advice, just other folks experiences in that
regard-- that which I did not get.

In any event, I did not see a post where
you offered to find a low cost vet -- just a lot
of scary stuff like "something beyond belief
wrong..."

Perhaps you're just being a little ****y as a
result of my pointing out the deficiencies in
your HTML post...

~C

Old October 20th 05, 01:51 PM
Lesley

There is a so-called breed of cat, the name escapes me
now, that have been bred because of their short legs.

I think they're called "Munchkins" and they have a normal body but
shortened limbs ie they are like the form of Dwarfism in Humans called
Androplasic dwarfism

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 20th 05, 11:43 PM
Democrats SUCK

**** YOU DEMOCREEPS

John Kerry = Loser

Old October 21st 05, 03:10 AM
Democrats SUCK

"Tony P." wrote in message
. ..
In article , says...

**** YOU DEMOCREEPS

John Kerry = Loser

Old October 21st 05, 02:48 PM
Shadow Walker

I am not flaming you, just stating the facts. Nothing I posted was to be
insulting to your experiences and or beliefs. As for growths on any animal,
cat or human if you want to know if it's good or bad it should be checked
out just in case. That's not an opinion that's a scientific truth. As for
ego I don't have one of those I can not afford one.
Gina

Old October 21st 05, 04:27 PM
whitershadeofpale

This is just a quick theory on your mini cats.

See how the women in the southern states are taller, thicker, more
robust? It is because of the humidity. A simple scientific fact.
Especially around Baton Rouge. (The Natives that is)

Sooo...Im thinking...these cats have been dwarfed by constant
dehydration...and seeing the nuts don't fall too far from the
tree...woo haha (don't say it)...but uh...

sure..just soak them in water, they will grow to the right size a
couple of days or so...

Chuck wrote:
Does anyone have any knowledge about
mini cats?

I have a few abandoned cats that have
taken refuge in by backyard -- yes, I
feed them (cheap dry food).

A rather small female had a litter about 5-
6 mo. ago and 2 of them seem to be mini.

Both are female, one is a gray tabby, the
other is a light gray tabby with a white chest,
mouth area, and feet. Both are cute as a
button, sweet natured, and look normal in
every way (not dwarves) but stand only 6-7"
or so at the shoulder.

Any input?

Chuck

Old October 21st 05, 04:40 PM
rpl

whitershadeofpale wrote:
This is just a quick theory on your mini cats.

See how the women in the southern states are taller, thicker, more
robust? It is because of the humidity. A simple scientific fact.
Especially around Baton Rouge. (The Natives that is)

Sooo...Im thinking...these cats have been dwarfed by constant
dehydration...and seeing the nuts don't fall too far from the
tree...woo haha (don't say it)...but uh...

sure..just soak them in water, they will grow to the right size a
couple of days or so...

but don't do it after midnight.

performing cats Norm Cat anecdotes 0 September 18th 05 03:32 AM
rec.pets.cats: Norwegian Forest Cat Breed-FAQ Bjorn Steensrud Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:24 AM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM