[OT] More Katrina Recovery Pictures

Old November 8th 05, 04:53 PM
CatNipped

Default [OT] More Katrina Recovery Pictures

For those of you who are following my daughter's family's attempt to put
their lives back together, here are pictures taken over the Halloween
weekend.

Their house (still in the demolition stage):
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Recovery2/

At the Halloween party at my son-in-law's aunt's house just outside of New
Orleans: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Halloween_2005/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 8th 05, 05:07 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

CatNipped wrote:
For those of you who are following my daughter's family's attempt to
put their lives back together, here are pictures taken over the
Halloween weekend.

Their house (still in the demolition stage):
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Recovery2/

At the Halloween party at my son-in-law's aunt's house just outside
of New Orleans: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Halloween_2005/

Hugs,

CatNipped

I know all of this must be totally devastating for your family, but I just
*have* to ask:

Where in the !#$%$%!$@ did those brilliant blue bathroom fixtures come
from?!?!?!? And do they glow in the dark????

Old November 8th 05, 05:10 PM
kilikini

"CatNipped" wrote in message
For those of you who are following my daughter's family's attempt to put
their lives back together, here are pictures taken over the Halloween
weekend.

Their house (still in the demolition stage):
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Recovery2/

At the Halloween party at my son-in-law's aunt's house just outside of New
Orleans: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Halloween_2005/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Wow, I guess it's keeping carpenters and rubbish men busy! A lot of the
guys on my husband's carpentry team went to Mississippi and Louisiana to
help rebuild homes lost to Katrina. They're getting more pay and longer
hours, but now my husband's crew is really short. He's been bumped up a
dollar an hour just to keep him where he is.

Looks like your daughter's neighbors are in the same predicament. I can't
imagine the mess. What's happening with their insurance? Have they
received any help yet?

kili

Old November 8th 05, 05:12 PM
kilikini

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
For those of you who are following my daughter's family's attempt to
put their lives back together, here are pictures taken over the
Halloween weekend.

Their house (still in the demolition stage):
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Recovery2/

At the Halloween party at my son-in-law's aunt's house just outside
of New Orleans: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Halloween_2005/

Hugs,

CatNipped

I know all of this must be totally devastating for your family, but I just
*have* to ask:

Where in the !#$%$%!$@ did those brilliant blue bathroom fixtures come
from?!?!?!? And do they glow in the dark????

No offense meant, but I was kind of wondering the same thing! LOL. It must
be devastating to lose your home like that, but what a boon to be able
replace those fixtures! g

kili

Old November 8th 05, 05:24 PM
CatNipped

. ..

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Yeah really - well all I can say is the house was built in 1972 (a decade
I'm trying hard to forget!!) ;

This really is a perfect opportunity for them to remodel the entire house.
It would be nicer if they'd had insurance, but since it has to be done
anyway they've decided to look on the bright side.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 8th 05, 05:27 PM
CatNipped

"kilikini" wrote in message
m...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Since the house was not in their name, they didn't have *ANY* insurance on
it. Didn't matter in the long run since they were outside of the 100-year
flood plain they didn't wouldn't have had flood insurance and homeowner's
insurance doesn't pay for flood damage. One good thing that came of this is
that my %$*%#$#$ ex-husband has finally agreed to sign over his half of the
house to my daughter.

One thing that makes this even harder than most flood situations is that it
was flooded with salt water. That means that none of the wiring could be
saved - they had to strip the house down to bricks and studs.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 8th 05, 05:46 PM
kilikini

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"kilikini" wrote in message
m...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, that explains that! What a bummer, but they're basically getting a new
house and they can do it how they like it. If there's any positive in this
situation, that's it.

kili