When I'm Cleaning Windows

Old May 30th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default When I'm Cleaning Windows

I suppose it says something about my lack of attention to housekeeping
that I'm not sure if I've cleaned the windows since I got my new owner
kittens, and that was in December! However, today I finally got round
to doing them and was rewarded with two Fascinated Felines. I started
with the insides and was followed from room to room to observe this
strange and rare ritual. The real fun came when I got to the outside
though as Rhia stood on the windowsill with her nose pressed to the
window while I "polished her nose" through the glass. Any of the
neighbours who say me convulsed with laughter as I worked must have
been convinced that I was finally due for the funny farm. Like the old
George Formby song "A window cleaner your would be, if you could see
what I can see, when I'm cleaning windows."

Anyone else have cats that are fascinated by domestic chores, and if so
what? I do remember them following me around as I dusted picture rails,
light fittings, etc. with a long-handled brush. The vacuum cleaner,
however, still strikes terror into them.

John (servant to Rhia and Amy)
Old May 30th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"John A" wrote in message
[...]

No, but can I borrow you to come clean my house - I don't do windows!!! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 30th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Anyone else have cats that are fascinated by domestic chores, and if so
what? I do remember them following me around as I dusted picture rails,
light fittings, etc. with a long-handled brush. The vacuum cleaner,
however, still strikes terror into them.

John (servant to Rhia and Amy)

No, but we've got kitties that keep the outside workers fascinated.

Our landlord owns two duplexes on the same lot. We are in the
southern-most unit of the eastern-most building. The western building is
vacant, so the landlord has workers coming in to replace door, fix
plumbing, lay new carpet, etc.

When Nancy got home Friday one of the carpet-layers was just finishing up
for the say. He told Nancy that everybody working on the place was
absolutely fascinated by the kitties that would appear in our windows. No
matter when they looked, they would see at least two kitties in either the
living room or bedroom windows, watching the workers. He said they were
all greatly amused by the diligence of the watch-cats.

Old May 30th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

John A wrote:

I'm not sure if I've cleaned the windows since I got my new owner
kittens, and that was in December! However, today I finally got round
to doing them and was rewarded with two Fascinated Felines. I started
with the insides and was followed from room to room to observe this
strange and rare ritual. The real fun came when I got to the outside
though as Rhia stood on the windowsill with her nose pressed to the
window while I "polished her nose" through the glass.

How cute! That would make a pain-in-the-butt chore like that more fun.

Joyce
Old May 30th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message

No, but can I borrow you to come clean my house - I don't do windows!!!
;

Same here. I was just thinking I should clean the glass door of Rusty's
room. You can
see where he put his front paws and stood on his hind paws. The windows also
badly
need a cleaning.

Winnie

--