Purrs Needed for Mosey (again)

Old March 16th 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default Purrs Needed for Mosey (again)..

"22brix"
bastXXXett
jofirey

Um, yeah. I have a bad habit of getting out one of those big bags from
Costco and just munching... and *not* because I forgot what they really
are! I just like them. But I'm always sorry later.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Gads,

Reminds me of a camping trip I was on with my sister and her friend when
we were teenie boppers. They got into a bag of prunes and ate them like
candy---we had to stop and find a tree soooo many times. I felt quite
smug I hadn't eaten very many!

Bonnie

LOL, did they use the Charmin?
Bears who 's**t' in the woods are now using TP !!

Old March 16th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default TO MaryL Purrs Needed for Mosey (again)

First of all, apologies to MaryL from Kyla

"Sherry"On Mar 15, 10:00 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
"MaryL"

"Mosey =^..^="
MaryL
Please read my Mosey Update
He went to TED yesterday, and he has a tapewworm, got a shot for that
and
some firball medication, and he feels much better.
So please be a little 'kinder'. to me!
IF you still want to be mean, I'll just put you in my 'litterbox'
Thank you
Kyla

I was actually quoting you. You are the one who asked for purrs,
talked
about "bad vibes," and said you didn't want to have to take Mosey to
TED
again. You said you had tried petting and talking to them, but they
"wouldn't tell you what's wrong" -- and all this while accompanied by
obvious signs that a medical evaluation is needed.

He I will quote your entire original note so you will see that I
was
using your exact words:

snip already quoted thingy

I did read your message, and I was delighted that the problem was only a
tapeworm (which is easily treatable).

Thank you.

However, I do not think my message

was "mean." I think you are over-reacting.

Well, I, can, pick up on people's 'vibes' and how they might 'sound' and
you
came across ad being 'mean' and no, I 'wasn't' over-reacting, my dear.

You did not indicate until your

follow-up message that you are diabled

Well, most of the people here know I am.

-- that was not in the message I

responded to.

*shrug*

However, in your original message, you talked about a cat that seemed
depressed, had not pooped for two days, and said you did not want to
take
him to TED again.

Well, that proble had ben solved right after I posted that, but I didn't
wast to put up a post called Mosey Pooped And, no, I didn't want to
have
to take him to TED again, but we did.

To me, all of that meant that TED *was* needed ASAP.

Okay, if I read that in a 'harsh' tone on your part, I apologize.

Moreover, I notice that in both of your messages to me, you deleted
everything that you said so that the only thing that appears is my
message.
That's rather selective editing.

Okay, lemme go look..brb..listen to 'it's a small world' while I look
Okay, I'm back...I didn't feel like reposting MY entire message all over &
over again and again, so I just edited 'my' long thingy out.
It's called a waste of bandwitdh.
If someone wants to read that post, they have to scroll
down by my long purr request, so I just snip it after a while.
No worries...want me to take a survey? heh

MaryL

Peace,
Go cuddle yer kitty
Kyla

Kyla, different posters have different styles of writing. I've read
MaryL's posts for many, many years; and if
you ever familiarize yourself with her postings, they are intended to
be informational and helpful, in a
practical sort of way.

Okay, I'm sorry, I've not been here long, just for a couple of months.

All of us don't "purr." It doesn't mean we're
any less concerned or desire less
to help any slave help sort out an illness, injury, etc.

Okay, understood

Her post
wasn't mean-spirited in the least. That's
just the way she writes.

Okay

BTW, she's actually *very* knowledgeable
about cats, particularly introducing
new cats into the home. She could probably write a book :-) Her
blind cat Duffy is rather an rpca star,
as his amazing transformation and progress in Mary's care was
chronicled here on rpca.

Well, that is great to hear Wow.
MaryL, do you have a link???

Good luck with Mosey.

Thanks...he's feeeling alot better gnow

I hope he has his appetite back by now; as it's
very common for hepatic lipidosis
fatty liver disease) to set in if a cat goes more than 48 hours

without eating.

No worries about his appetite, we gave him some roast chicken with nis
poultry canned fud and he really seemed to enjoy it And thanx for the
liver info. I'll be keeping a close eye on him and if he seems out of sorts
again, back to TED he goes. He's to go in for a re-check in about a month
around my birthday. I think he'll be fine.

Don't be too grossed out
by the tapes. They're actually probably the most benign of all
parasites cats can get, and easiest to get rid of.

Sherry

Thanks, I don't get too grossed out easily., trust me.

And again, MaryL, please accept my apologies.

Kyla
--a newbie

Old March 16th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

First of all, apologies to MaryL from Kyla

snip, to reduce length

And again, MaryL, please accept my apologies.

Kyla
--a newbie

Thank you very much. I may inadvertently offend, but I never do it
deliberately.

Here are links to pictures of my furbabies. (Be forewarned...there are
*lots* of them...pics, that is.)

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old March 16th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:43:50 -0500, MaryL wrote:

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

First of all, apologies to MaryL from Kyla

snip, to reduce length

And again, MaryL, please accept my apologies.

Kyla
--a newbie

Thank you very much. I may inadvertently offend, but I never do it
deliberately.

Here are links to pictures of my furbabies. (Be forewarned...there are
*lots* of them...pics, that is.)

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o' Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Mary L: You are always informative and interesting. IMO you could never
offend. I ALWAYS read your posts and appreciate the information you
have to share. As Sherry stated, those who know you from the past really
appreciate your advice. To the others I say "listen and learn". Best
wishes to you, Duffy and Holly. May your lives be blessed. MLB
Old March 16th 08, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
22brix

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:43:50 -0500, MaryL wrote:

Thank you very much. I may inadvertently offend, but I never do it
deliberately.

Here are links to pictures of my furbabies. (Be forewarned...there are
*lots* of them...pics, that is.)

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o' Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Mary L: You are always informative and interesting. IMO you could never
offend. I ALWAYS read your posts and appreciate the information you
have to share. As Sherry stated, those who know you from the past really
appreciate your advice. To the others I say "listen and learn". Best
wishes to you, Duffy and Holly. May your lives be blessed. MLB

Have to totally agree, Mary. You always give good advice and I always value
the informative posts you write. Your kitties are so beautiful.

Bonnie

(MLB, sorry to hitch onto your post--for some reason I don't get Mary's
posts so only see them when someone includes them in their post).

Old March 16th 08, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default MaryL Purrs Needed for Mosey (again)

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Mar 15, 10:00 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
[...]

Sorry, Kyla, but I think you were, too. It's easy to do when you're
concerned and/or upset about things.

You did not indicate until your

follow-up message that you are diabled

Well, most of the people here know I am.

I didn't know. shrugs

[...]

Snipping is fine but removing pretty much the entire post in order to reply
is very confusing. So is deleting the attributions of who said what.

Kyla, different posters have different styles of writing. I've read
MaryL's posts for many, many years; and if
you ever familiarize yourself with her postings, they are intended to
be informational and helpful, in a
practical sort of way. All of us don't "purr."
(snippage)
Sherry
Good point, Sherry. I send out "purrs" but in my case it's certainly not
meant to be construed as a religious thing in any way, shape or form. It's
more like "I wish you luck" (and even that doesn't quite explain it).

Mary's Duffy is truly an amazing kitty, and of course Holly is a wonderful
companion for him Mary's done great things.

Jill

Old March 16th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"22brix" wrote in message

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

Did you accidently killfile Mary? (I actually killfiled myself once LOL)

Jill

Old March 16th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 23:35:31 -0700, 22brix wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

Bonnie: So glad to have you. IMHO that is what makes good conversation.
I don't spend a lot of time at the computer (got to keep moving) so I
have about 1400 unread posts. But when I see Mary's name, I always read
her post. Best wishes and Happy St. Patrick's Day (upcoming). MLB

Old March 16th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
22brix

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..

"22brix" wrote in message

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

Ha, ha, ha!!! It wouldn't surprised me if I had. I can't read her posts on
any group now and I used to be able to. Hmmm. I shall have to ask the DH
to help me with this--I really miss reading Mary's posts.

Bonnie

Old March 16th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
22brix

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 23:35:31 -0700, 22brix wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

Thanks--I do too, when I can see hers! Shall have to figure out why she's
apparently blocked. Have a great St. P Day yourself.

Bonnie

Purrs Needed for Mosey Again Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 7 March 3rd 08 11:34 AM
Mosey Update Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 8 February 16th 08 12:27 AM
PURRS needed for Mosey Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 21 February 14th 08 04:56 AM
Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM