Out from under the Black Rock for a bit

Old October 17th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Out from under the Black Rock for a bit

Gosh, I missed a lot. I started trying to post and then realized I will
never catch up. So a shoulder to cry on for those who need it, and a
big laugh to share for those who need that, too.

My dr. upped my one depression med, but it seems to do nothing. My
sleep schedule has gone wackers -- sometimes I fall asleep at 3 pm and
sometimes I get up at 6 am, an I have no idea what I am doing. I feel
so bad for the cats, since they are very time-oriented critters, and if
Mom is storing in the bedroom because she fell asleep and didn't feed
kitties, mommy is going to get a BIG GLARE. So there.

I had the fastest relationship ever. A cabbie picked me up and we
chatted a bit. We exchanged numbers. We decided to have a date. And
then he called and said he was drinking too much and smoking too much
and he really didn't want to do the rebound thing. Relationship over.
Not even a date. Not even a week!

The landlord destroyed what I liked about the property. Roofs are gone,
vines are gone, trees are gone (he did leave two in the front and all in
the back).I have managed to find out (I'm NOT in the loop) that they
will be doing something about roofs or awnings or what not. They're not
sure yet what they will do.

My next-door-neighbor threatened to kill me (three times, in fact). I
have not filed anything yet, but I think I will. She is so sweet and
caring, but he has gotten to the point where he is keeping her busy so
she can't even talk to me. She is in denial very badly, and I wish she
would just wake up and see the harm he is doing her, but I know that
will not happen in a day. I probably will file and see if they can at
least send him to an anger-management and/or a class for abusive men (or
men and women; sometimes women do it, too).

I think I have a b*st*ard cat in the form of ShadowCat. The HUGE guy
managed somehow to get downstairs, get in the duct work, and get lost
before I knew he was (like, 5 or 6 hours at least). I was crying and so
stressed out, running around yelling "Shadow? Where are you baby?" and
pounding on the big ducts. Every time I moved, so did he. On my next
trip to the basement, he was sitting there, pretty as can be, acting
like "What? I meant to do that."I love the big lug of a guy -- lol.

I switched Internet to really basid food -- no additives etc. He was
having a terrible problem with diarrhea and vomiting. I couldn't
believe it, but in *one* night, it cleared up! I really can't afford the
food, but he was down to 5.6 lbs., so what can I do?

I want to thank everyone here publicly who has done so much to help me.
It is so wonderful to feel the love and warmth coming my way. You
guys are just wonderful, and I love you! Okay! Sniff, sniff.

I did actually have one specific request, since I know some of you work
for vets. Esmeralda (Cat #11) has fleas. I mean BAD. She's apparently
allergic, just like Merlyn. Back when I had my "backup vet", it wasn't
a problem for me to get a couple of the dog-sized bottles of Advantage,
and a couple of the very small bottles with the cc's on the side. Then
I would just divide them up.

Unfortunately, I have not been to the backup vet in ages, and I switched
back-up vets, too. As I said, I know some of you work for vets; is
there anyway your employer is willing to do it that way? (it is *so*
much cheaper)? That would really help so much. I'm going to use to
"govmint check" whenever we get it to get their vaccinations. But right
now I'm worried about Esmeralda's fleas. I know she has to be
miserable, and I'm not aware of any over-the-counter remedies that
actually work. Please, please let me know if you can help, okay?
E-mail is actually glsummer @ moonsummer .com. Hope I did that right!

And I am so embarrassed :-( The book we were sending around somehow got
stuck here. "A Cat Called Birmingham" is a delightful tale of a cat
nearly as klutzy as yours truly, and much funnier. I will send it to
the first person who requests it or do we have a list? Pam? - and if
you're in the UK, you get a bonus: a VHS video tape of "A Man For All
Seasons", since, unbeknownst to me, (not to mention the Goodwill store),
a UK video will not play on US video machines or vice versa. Guess I
never *will* see that movie! lol

I nearly had a heart attack a couple of months back when both Big Black
Cat (aka ShadowCat) and Internet (aka Old Man) got out the door and ran
around the side of the building, which luckily had an old pick fence up.
I managed to somehow get ahold of Internet in whole and Shadow's butt.
I handed Nettie to my M-i-L and crawled up to get a better handle on
ShadowCat. I keep growling at them every time they get close to the door.

Esmerald (aka Emmy aka Bitch Cat aka Weirdest Sounding Cat in the
Universe) is funnier than hell. She doesn't really like to be picked
up, and she'll let you know it. So I have been bringing her upstairs at
night, and she sounds like a fire engine -- I swear! - as I carry her.
MRooooooMRoowwwwwwwwMroooooooo". One of the pillows on the bed is *her*
pillow, so as long as that is untouched, she is okay. As long as the
other cats don't get close. The little dickens is declawed, but her
attitude is "I don't give a sh*t that I am declawed; I can still kick
your a** anytime I want!" ROFL.

Oh, my, I have written way too much. Well, if you're going home on the
train or bus, at least you'll have something to read ;-)

Thank you again, dear friends, and let me know about the Advantage, okay?

Ginger-lyn
occassionally known as The Mighty Wind.
Old October 17th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message

My next-door-neighbor threatened to kill me (three times, in fact). I
have not filed anything yet, but I think I will. She is so sweet and
caring, but he has gotten to the point where he is keeping her busy so she
can't even talk to me. She is in denial very badly, and I wish she would
just wake up and see the harm he is doing her, but I know that will not
happen in a day. I probably will file and see if they can at least send
him to an anger-management and/or a class for abusive men (or men and
women; sometimes women do it, too).

I've read all your post but I want to reply to this part. Your neighbour
threatened to kill you 3 times? When you say you did not file, does this
mean you haven't reported it to the police? If not, do so immediately.
Whilst I understand your concern for your neighbour who is subject to
domestic violence, if you have pointed her towards agencies that can help
her escape - are there women's refuges in USA like there are here?, don't
put yourself at risk from him and butt out.
If she's been given that advice, how to get out, and chooses to stay for
whatever reason, you need to keep out of it. There are many reasons why
women choose to stay in an abusive relationship which I won't go into here.
So stop putting yourself at risk about a decision she isn't able to make
right now.
I know what I'm talking about, I deal with this sort of thing every day in
my job.

Tweed

Old October 17th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Ginger-lyn }}}}}}}}}}}} It is good to see you posting again. It
is _not_ good that your problems are unresolved and that you're getting new
ones. Purrs that somehow things will get better for you and your clowder.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 17th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spot[_2_]

Why not get your flea meds at a petstore? Most of them sell frontline plus
now. You could get the dog size and divy it for the cats. I can take a
44-80 lb dog tube and do my 3 cats with that one tube of the dog.

Celeste

Old October 18th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Spot wrote:

Why not get your flea meds at a petstore? Most of them sell frontline plus
now. You could get the dog size and divy it for the cats. I can take a
44-80 lb dog tube and do my 3 cats with that one tube of the dog.

I second this! Get a plastic syringe and put some masking tape around the
syringe to mark the correct level for your cats. You have to do this
because this stuff - Advantage, at least, don't know about Frontline -
dissolves the paint off the plastic, so the calibrating marks will
disappear on the syringe after one application.

I wear latex gloves during this process because otherwise I get the stuff
on my hands. (That's why the tubes come in different sizes - they're meant
for one complete application, no muss, no fuss. I don't think it's good
to get that stuff on your hands, but YMMV.)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 18th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I've read all your post but I want to reply to this part. Your neighbour
threatened to kill you 3 times? When you say you did not file, does this
mean you haven't reported it to the police? If not, do so immediately.
Whilst I understand your concern for your neighbour who is subject to
domestic violence, if you have pointed her towards agencies that can help
her escape - are there women's refuges in USA like there are here?, don't
put yourself at risk from him and butt out.
If she's been given that advice, how to get out, and chooses to stay for
whatever reason, you need to keep out of it. There are many reasons why
women choose to stay in an abusive relationship which I won't go into here.
So stop putting yourself at risk about a decision she isn't able to make
right now.

I agree with this, but I would like to add that it's important to let
her know that you're there for her if/when she decides she wants help to
get out. With many people, that's the best you can do. I agree that the
situation sounds horrible and she is probably in a lot of danger, and
that's hard to be close to and witness. But she's also a grown woman and
has the right to make her own decisions. As long as she knows there are
other options (so she doesn't stay stuck in that situation because she
doesn't *know* help is available), she will make the choice to get help
if and when she's ready. And meanwhile, Ginger-Lyn, I'm concerned for
you and for your cats, in the event he turns his hostilities on you.
Please keep safe!

I have other responses to your post and will follow up to that one
separately. Just wanted to second Christina's comments.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 18th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Ginger-lyn wrote:
and he really didn't want to do the rebound thing. Relationship over.
Not even a date. Not even a week!

That must be a world record! ;-)

I want to thank everyone here publicly who has done so much to help me.
It is so wonderful to feel the love and warmth coming my way. You guys
are just wonderful, and I love you! Okay! Sniff, sniff.

We love you Ginger-lyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually work. Please, please let me know if you can help, okay? E-mail
is actually glsummer @ moonsummer .com. Hope I did that right!

I have a couple of extra Revolution vials I could ship you.

Lots of purrs.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 19th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I feel qualified to comment on domestic violence as I see it referred, day
on day, in my job.
I still remember a doctor who knew how to injure his wife without it
showing, he pulled her bottom lip down and see that thing in the middle,
feel for it yourselves, it's like a string thingie, the frenulum (sp) and
he pulled her lip down so much that it broke.
He was suspended from his job in a Leicestershire hospital as a result of
our investigation into whether he stabbed his daughter with scissors for
wearing a tee-shirt he didn't approve of but I now understand he's working
again in a neighbouring county. That's the sort of doctor everyone wants,
eh?

Tweed

Old October 19th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Thinking of you Ginger-lyn. Thanks for the long update.
Christine

Old October 19th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Christine Burel wrote:
Thinking of you Ginger-lyn. Thanks for the long update.
Christine

Really? You think it was long? Bwahahahahahahahah

Ginger-lyn
Too many words, not enough time ;-)