Buffy and The Lizard

Old September 29th 15, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy and The Lizard

Actually, both of us and the lizard. In the seven years I've lived here
I've never had a lizard inside my house.

There's a plastic box of music CD's under a small table against my
dining room wall. Buffy was paying particular attention to it for some
reason. I was sitting here reading email when she started bapping at
the CD box. I decided to take a look. I moved the box.

A skink! (lizard) Wow! I grabbed a napkin off the dining room table.
Buffy and I worked in tandem to try to corner it. I didn't care which
one of us won, I just wanted that lizard caught. Those suckers run fast!

It got away from us. It is now loose somewhere in my bedroom. Buffy is
on patrol. She's determined to find it. Last I saw it ran under my bed.

I can tell you, I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight until I know
that lizard is a goner. I'd like to be able to catch it and put it
outside where it belongs. But if Buffy manages to kill it, that's okay
too. I just hope she doesn't bring it up on the bed.

Jill
Old September 29th 15, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 9/29/2015 4:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

We have lots of lizards here (East Texas)--green anoles, skinks, etc. I
seldom see them in the house, but it has happened on occasion. I use a
Kleenex and try to carefully pick one up and put it outside (just as you
tried). They are fast little creatures, so it's difficult to catch
them. However, any lizard that values it's life should not enter a
house with 3 cats!

MaryL

Old September 30th 15, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/29/2015 6:35 PM, MaryL wrote:
[...]

This is the first I've really seen Buffy hunting anything other than
toys or her golf ball. I've never had a lizard in the house before.
Not even the cute little green anole lizards. This one is a young
blue-tailed skink. Quick as lightning. I figure it might go after her
cat food or the water dish... if so, maybe she'll at least chase it out
of the bedroom!

Jill
Old September 30th 15, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:34:57 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
This is the first I've really seen Buffy hunting anything other than
toys or her golf ball. I've never had a lizard in the house before.
Not even the cute little green anole lizards. This one is a young
blue-tailed skink. Quick as lightning. I figure it might go after her
cat food or the water dish... if so, maybe she'll at least chase it out
of the bedroom!

It sounds as though your household has just gotten 10x more exciting.
Hopefully it'll find its way out the same way it got in.

We don't have those around here, although it was quite exciting the one
time a squirrel got into the house.
Old September 30th 15, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 9/29/2015 8:16 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:34:57 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
This is the first I've really seen Buffy hunting anything other than
toys or her golf ball. I've never had a lizard in the house before.
Not even the cute little green anole lizards. This one is a young
blue-tailed skink. Quick as lightning. I figure it might go after her
cat food or the water dish... if so, maybe she'll at least chase it out
of the bedroom!

It sounds as though your household has just gotten 10x more exciting.
Hopefully it'll find its way out the same way it got in.

We don't have those around here, although it was quite exciting the one
time a squirrel got into the house.

I've never had a squirrel in the house, but I used to have
indoor/outdoor cats, who brought in various critters, including birds,
mice, rats, gophers and a baby bunny. The bunny was unharmed, and
belonged to a neighbor who raised rabbits. We took it back to the neighbor.

No, Persia, you cannot have a pet lizard :) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 March 22nd 10 12:34 AM
Lizard wafflycat Cat anecdotes 7 June 12th 06 04:28 PM
RIP litte lizard Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 13 June 12th 06 04:20 PM
Lizard in the dryer badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 January 2nd 04 07:09 PM
Bagging a lizard. P. Cox Cat anecdotes 5 October 17th 03 12:13 AM