I Sat on My Cat!

Old October 18th 15, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I Sat on My Cat!

On 10/17/2015 12:59 PM, dgk wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 07:47:26 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:
sfdn't far from that rug and the cats come in with dirt on their feet
and sometimes veer onto the rug. I don't think that they actually seek
it out, but often enough.

Trust me, this white carpet wasn't my idea. In fact, my mom asked me
once, "Why on earth did I get white carpet?" She sure didn't ask my
opinion before she did!

Maybe you could put a small throw rug just inside the entrance to/from
the atrium could serve as a door mat. Their little paws would get sort
of wiped off on the way to wherever. Other than that, how are you
and the cats settling into your new home?

Jill

I'm doing ok. It's a bit weird hanging out with Mom so much. Every day
she calls to find out what we're doing for lunch and dinner. But
someday she'll be gone so I do treasure each meal. I'm starting to put
a life together though.

Do enjoy her while she's still with you. I'll admit to feeling a bit
put-upon at times when Mom had me move in. You do have a separate home
so not the same as being on call 24/7.

I've been going through physical therapy for an aching shoulder, but I
finally had an MRI which showed that I have a tear where the bicep
meets the bone. That's actually fairly good news, although it means
that the physical therapy was pretty much a waste of time and money.

The rotator cuff is fine - that's the good news. And the tear won't
get worse if I use it so I'm back to playing tennis and I'm going to
be swimming more, maybe even surfing. The only thing is that it hurts,
and if it bothers me enough I can have it fixed and be back playing
tennis in two months. Pretty good news overall.

Sounds like you're settling in and glad to hear that rotator cuff can be
fixed if necessary. Sorry that the physical therapy was a waste of time.

Scooter, Nipsy, and Marlo have adjusted pretty well. Baby, not so
well. Mostly she just hides under the bed during the day. She comes
out at dawn and dusk and I can pet her and brush her. But she isn't
really happy.

Bringing Baby with you was always an iffy proposition. (I'm surprised
she lets you brush her.) It's certainly better than her possibly having
starved if you didn't bring her along.

I'm looking into how I can rig up a temporary fence so I can let them
go out for a while. I really want to let them out but I don't want
them wandering around.

I have no real suggestions since you have multiple cats. I had a kitty
walk enclosure for Persia but for more than one cat, no idea how to do
fencing.

Jill
Old October 18th 15, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/15/2015 10:47 PM, dgk wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:32:16 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Sitting on a cat isn't as bad as stepping on them - usually a foot or a
tail. In either case, they get my full weight on them, but if I'm stepping
on the cat, all that weight is concentrated in the small area of my foot,
so it's a lot worse. Usually if I start to sit on a cat, they make a fuss,
and either I get off them or they wriggle out. The worst that has happened
is a lot of kitty annoyance. I'd have to land with a lot of force for my
butt to do serious damage. But I worry about their delicate bones when I
step on a kitty's foot (the screaming is much louder, too).

I don't think that I've ever stepped on one with full weight. That
would certainly result in a very unhappy kitty.

I've never done that either. I did accidentally step on my dog's paw
once. He was a very small dog and nearly always underfoot. I had just
come home from work and was putting some things away in the kitchen and
stepped back... wearing wooden-soled high heels (it was 1982). He
yipped. I didn't break his foot but I know that didn't feel good.

Jill
Old October 18th 15, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/17/2015 3:33 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
Buffy's fine. The weather has been delightful for a few days, temps
in the 70's, windows open. I was on the couch reading and had a light
throw over my legs. Buffy was on the back of the couch looking out the
window. I got up to do something. Little did I know Buffy had decided
to curl up underneath the throw. I sat down... SQUEAK! Sorry girl! I
didn't mean to sit on you!

Jill

It's one of their little tricks isn't it, they know we're going to sit on
them and that then they will get loads od attention and skritches. I know
I've sat on all three cats I've been owned by.

judith

Some cats will do anything to get some scritches and attention.
Buffy has a bad habit of rolling over when she's too close to the edge
of the bed. Out come the claws and she grabs the woven cotton blanket
but the blanket keeps going. It's like kitty bungy-jumping. Uh oh. Of
course she meant to do that.

Jill
Old October 19th 15, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Time to keep your foot away from the edge of the bed!