More on Harry-the-Cat

Old August 5th 05, 03:57 PM
Cheryl Perkins

Default More on Harry-the-Cat

Some of you might remember me writing about Bruce and Yoshi moving in
with
Harry-the-Cat. Unfortunately, all is not entirely rosy. Poor Harry has
been suffering from stress, which he has been expressing in a typically
feline way by peeing in the wrong spots. After a vet checkup (Harry's in
very good shape for his age, if you don't consider the fact his home has
been invaded!), his family decided to partition the house. This seems to
be helping Harry, and although the other two see no reason for it, they
don't seem to be stressed out about the whole situation.

I gather Bruce, who is bigger than ever, is the main problem. He stalks
poor Harry. There doesn't seem to be another word for it. Bruce sneaks up
behind Harry, forcing Harry to hiss at him and move if Harry doesn't want
an extra-large cat poised to pounce on him from behind. Any shouting or
scolding of Bruce tends to attract a look which says 'Me? You're trying to
get my attention? You seem to be upset about something, but it couldn't be
me! I'm not doing anything!' A total innocent, that's Bruce!

Yoshi, when he decides there's something more interesting going on on the
other side of the glass door, has figured out how to climb up it,
balancing on the bits of wood around each pane, so he can get a better
view and maybe attract attention.

Cheryl