I am so angry (vent)

Old November 1st 03, 01:51 AM
Sherry

Letters work better because they give you time to say exactly what you want
to say without getting flustered. They also give you the time to express
yourself more intelligently and tactfully than you might if you called.
Also let him know that you will let others know of your experience with him,
and encourage them not to use his company (especially if you had recommended
his company to others in the past--and let him know that, too). Letters
work wonders--even more so than calling, in my experience.

Absolutely true. I've had much better response with letters than phone calls.
Plus you forever have a copy to keep for future reference. You can be
intelligent, articulate, unflustered and factual in a letter. Whereas, if I am
dealing with an issue in person, I tend to get (like my DH so tactfully says)
"assed up."

Sherry
Old November 1st 03, 01:53 AM
Sherry

Of course you should tell him why he lost business. Don't be a coward.
He may honestly not realize that his actions were offensive. If you
don't say something then he has no way of knowing why he lost your
business and no way of knowing that he has an action that he should or
could correct.

Good point. (except Mary didn't exercise restraint because she's coward, it's
because she is just an inherently nice person)......but you're right. The idiot
will continue to go through life behaving like an uneducated, uncouth moron
unless somebody points out to him that he's going to lose business over it.

Sherry

Old November 1st 03, 02:20 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:22:57 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

I am so angry!! This isn't a problem where I need any advice, but I need to
vent. Some of you know that I adopted a beautiful blind kitty (Duffy)
several months ago. Today I had my windows and carpets cleaned. I used the
same man who has done this cleaning for a number of years -- but this will
be my last time. First he started to laugh when he saw the cat tree I got
for Duffy and Holly. I could handle that alright -- I am not emotionally
attached to furniture. However, when I explained that Duffy is blind and
what I was trying to accomplish with some of the cat furniture, he started
laughing again and laughed so hard he couldn't stop. He would stop
momentarily, then say "A blind cat -- that is so funny -- why didn't you
just get rid of it and get a healthy cat" and would laugh again. When I
would intervene, he would say "I'm sorry," then start laughing uproariously
all over again and say, "But it's just so funny that you would spend all
that money on a blind cat."

This whole thing made me so angry I can hardly describe what I feel. What
kind of heartless monster would react like that?? Anyway, it will be his
last time here. I am going to find someone else for the future.

Besides being insensitive and stupid. I'll bet he was high on dope!

Old November 1st 03, 02:20 AM
Cheryl

In ,
MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER composed with style:

[..]

This whole thing made me so angry I can hardly describe what I
feel. What kind of heartless monster would react like that??
Anyway, it will be his last time here. I am going to find someone
else for the future.

That stinks, Mary. People can be so insensitive at times. Some treat
inanimate objects like they are the most valuable thing on earth (like
a car, or an antique motorcycle or something) and others care more
about the comfort of a living creature. I know which of those people
I tend to associate with. Shame that he didn't even seem to see how
his reaction would upset up so.

Old November 1st 03, 02:33 AM
m. L. Briggs

--
MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Mary, I am so sorry that happened to you. You were much more gracious than

would have been. I'm afraid I would have thrown him out of my house, and

called
to lodge a complaint with the company. What it is, is sad really. He

sounds
actually very ignorant, in the sense that he's just not very bright and

has no
empathy or compassion. Think what his poor family puts up with. Sheesh.

This is
making me angry, too and I wasn't even there.
When he said "Why don't you get rid of it and get a healthy

cat"..youshould
have said, "Why don't I just get rid of YOU and hire a decent human being.
There's the door."

Sherry

Excellent response ... I wish I had said something like that. I was so busy
being angry and trying to talk sense (at least, *my* version of "sense") to
him that I blew the perfect opportunity to show him the door. That would
have hurt him financially, too, because he is the owner and was here with an
employee and his big truck full of supplies. He would have had to "eat" a
lost day of wages.

MaryL

I, personally, would not give him the satisfaction of knowing why you
willl not use him any more. I'd let him wonder until hell froze over.
But I would tell anyone you know who might use him about his actions.
I did this many years ago to a dishonext housecleaner and it did cost
him in the end Much more satisfying than "venting" and won't raise
your bloodpress as high. MLB

Old November 1st 03, 02:58 AM
Matt

On 01 Nov 2003 00:53:29 GMT, Sherry wrote:
Good point. (except Mary didn't exercise restraint because she's coward, it's
because she is just an inherently nice person)......but you're right. The idiot
will continue to go through life behaving like an uneducated, uncouth moron
unless somebody points out to him that he's going to lose business over it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that she was a coward for exercising
restraint. I most likely would have done the same thing in her
situations. However, if she's contemplating writing a letter then I
think that she most certainly should do so. A lot of people don't
follow through on ideas like that and, as I mentioned before, someone
can't learn from their mistakes if they don't know that they are making
them. Hopefully a well worded letter of complaint will make him realize
the error of his ways.

I think that some people who don't own pets don't realize how pets
quickly become part of one's family. I know my cat is a part of my
family and I wouldn't tollerate someone making fun of my cat any more
than I would tollerate someone making fun of my daughter. Some folks
just think that because it's an animal that they're talking about that
it's somehow different.

Anyway, Mary, I hope you once you cool off you can write a letter to
give this guy some perspective and decent manners.

Angry and Depressed Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 36 December 13th 04 10:01 PM
Just a Vent Jeanette Cat anecdotes 26 August 10th 04 03:56 PM
RJ is angry with me Singer709 Cat anecdotes 2 January 16th 04 05:54 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent Yowie Cat anecdotes 56 November 23rd 03 08:06 AM