We are worried

Old October 24th 04, 09:24 PM
HitherandYonder

Default We are worried

Hi, all...

Our four year old male (Tomboy) swallowed something about thirty-six hours ago
that hasn't come out the other end yet. We are very worried that he might soon
be in trouble. The other night, my wife was trimming an 8-1/2 inch by 11 inch
picture that we had printed off our printer. She noticed the cat just standing
there staring at the trimming as it dangled and bounced about, so when she was
through cutting it, she threw it down (thinking that the cat wanted to play
with it). The next thing we knew, the trimming was gone and our boy was
standing there watching my wife trimming the next one!
Now we are really worried. We even put a trimming in a glass of water to see
what effect it had on it. Whether it would devolve or not. It hasn't.
The trimming was about 1/8 of an inch wide and about eight inches long, and
from a glossy piece of hp copy paper. The stuff is apparently coated with
plastic or something, because water doesn't seem to do anything to it. Tomboy
is still acting normal, and has had one successful bowl movement since he ate
it, and is eating well also. He doesn't act any different. He is just as happy
and as friendly as ever.
Does anyone here feel that we have anything to worry about? Will the trimming
just pass on through without cutting or getting entangled in his intestines?
Should we go to our vet now or should we wait until he is acting funny?
Please help...!

Old October 24th 04, 09:34 PM
CatNipped

I would check with my vet, but I think stomach acid is a lot stronger than
plain water and it might have dissolved the paper.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 24th 04, 11:08 PM
Cathy Friedmann

[...]

I'd at least call the vet & see what s/he says - whether to go for a vet
visit ASAP or to wait it out (literally!), because of the glossiness/coating
of the paper.

Cathy