Changing my cats name!

Old January 28th 05, 12:55 PM
kilikini

Default Changing my cats name!

I think I'm changing my cat, Tyrone's, name to Annoyance. My husband thinks
that this cat is just the sweetest little thing in the world, but he's not
home with him all day! He only gets to see Annoyance's sleepy, soft side.

A couple of days ago, I was attempting to make a Cream of Ham and Mushroom
soup, using a ham stock base instead of chicken. Blasphemy, I know, but it
actually turned out really well, but I digress... I boiled two ham bones
down and while I was standing at the stove watching the pot for a bit, I
felt this intense, sharp scratch up my leg, only to find Annoyance had
crawled up my leg and was hanging from my sweats up to my hip to get a
better view of what was brewing on the stove. Uh-uh, not acceptable. I
shoo'd him off my leg only to discover small tears and pulls up the fabric
of my sweats. So be it.

After the bones were significantly cooked and were flexable, I had to pick
the remaining meat off of them. Once again, on the same side of my leg, I
felt this scratch on my side, up to my hip, but this time my sweatpants had
effectively come down past my butt, leaving a nice white moon for my friend
who had come over to use the computer. Careful inspection of the leg of the
sweatpants revealed more holes.

Okay, being the slave that I am and still hoping to save my sweats, he wants
some ham? I'll give him some ham. So, I chopped up a particularly large
chunk that came off the bone, put it on a plate and placed it by the kitty
food dishes. His sister smelled it, sat down, looked at me and sneered. I
swear! Like I was feeding her raw cauliflower or something! He ate a piece
and walked away. 2 days later, that plate is still there full of ham.
*sigh* For this I lose a pair of good sweats???

Next I should tell you the story of the new whole in the bathroom
wall.............

kili

Old January 28th 05, 02:37 PM
jmcquown

kilikini wrote:
[...]

LOL I'm sorry, kili, I know it's not funny but it's hilarious! (BTW, I
don't think I ever told you when we get trolls in here we change the subject
in the thread and start posting recipes!)

Jill

Old January 28th 05, 03:11 PM
Johnna O'Leary via CatKB.com

lol... into every cat lover's life a pair of pants must fall! I'm sure your kitty meant no harm. lol...

You do realize that giving the ham after he crawled up your leg to get it is essentially rewarding the cat for the behavior and encouraging him to do it again. With a kitty you must never reinforce a behavior you wish to discourage. Very funny story!

Old January 28th 05, 03:22 PM
kilikini

Johnna O'Leary via CatKB.com wrote:
lol... into every cat lover's life a pair of pants must fall! I'm
sure your kitty meant no harm. lol...

You do realize that giving the ham after he crawled up your leg to
get it is essentially rewarding the cat for the behavior and
encouraging him to do it again. With a kitty you must never reinforce
a behavior you wish to discourage. Very funny story!

I know, I know, but I was busy and needed to shut him up. But if he didn't
eat the ham, I guess it wasn't very rewarding, was it? g

kili

Old January 28th 05, 04:10 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:55:56 GMT, "kilikini"
yodeled:

I think I'm changing my cat, Tyrone's, name to Annoyance. My husband thinks
that this cat is just the sweetest little thing in the world, but he's not
home with him all day! He only gets to see Annoyance's sleepy, soft side.

(snip)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Good thing you weren't wearing shorts.

Theresa
Old January 28th 05, 04:21 PM
kilikini

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:55:56 GMT, "kilikini"
yodeled:

I think I'm changing my cat, Tyrone's, name to Annoyance. My
husband thinks that this cat is just the sweetest little thing in
the world, but he's not home with him all day! He only gets to see
Annoyance's sleepy, soft side.

(snip)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Good thing you weren't wearing shorts.

Theresa

God, I suppose that's next!

kili

Old January 28th 05, 06:44 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:55:56 +0000, kilikini wrote:

[...]

You left food to rot for two days?

Old January 28th 05, 06:53 PM
kilikini

mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

It's not rotten. I put the plate out today for the stray neighborhood cats
and they ate it.

kili

Old January 28th 05, 07:09 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:53:44 +0000, kilikini wrote:

mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

"Dr Phil" needs to give you the specifics on bacteria formation.