How to use your zuchinni(OT)

Old September 17th 13, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default How to use your zuchinni(OT)

I simply insert in into everything I cook. Its in
what I cooked today and will remain so.

Old September 17th 13, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
I simply insert in into everything I cook. Its in
what I cooked today and will remain so.

Good raw with a dipping sauce (by itself or as part of a crudite
platter). I recall people stuffing the large ones (ala egg-plant) and
baking them.

They are pretty prolific, aren't they? (I recall a cartoon several
years ago showing a masked, caped individual sneaking away from
someone's front door, leaving a large bag of zucchini behind him.)

Old September 17th 13, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

m...
Christina Websell wrote:
I simply insert in into everything I cook. Its in
what I cooked today and will remain so.

Good raw with a dipping sauce (by itself or as part of a crudite platter).
I recall people stuffing the large ones (ala egg-plant) and baking them.

They are pretty prolific, aren't they? (I recall a cartoon several years
ago showing a masked, caped individual sneaking away from someone's front
door, leaving a large bag of zucchini behind him.)

Remind me not to grow 10 plants.
If they would just not crop all at once too.

Old September 17th 13, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/17/2013 5:00 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
I simply insert in into everything I cook. Its in
what I cooked today and will remain so.

Good raw with a dipping sauce (by itself or as part of a crudite
platter). I recall people stuffing the large ones (ala egg-plant) and
baking them.

They are pretty prolific, aren't they? (I recall a cartoon several
years ago showing a masked, caped individual sneaking away from
someone's front door, leaving a large bag of zucchini behind him.)

My dad grew a couple of zucchini plants when I was a teenager. It was
so prolific the neighbors cringed if they saw him coming over with a bag
in his hands.

I love it simply sliced and steamed. It's also great cut in half
lengthwise, brushed with a little olive oil, sprinkled with salt &
pepper and grilled (or cooked on a hot griddle) until tender (the
exterior will be lightly browned). Some people make zucchini bread.
Or, sliced lengthwise in thin strips, some folks use it in place of
lasagna noodles in lasagna. Diced and simmered in a bit of tomato sauce
with garlic is also nice.

Or there is this, which I posted to the cooking newsgroup years ago:

Strisce Colorate (Roasted Rainbow Vegetables) from La Cuchina:

1 sweet yellow bell pepper
1 sweet green pepper
2 red onions
1 eggplant
2 squash (zucchini)
2 gourds (one may assume pumpkin or other hard shelled squash)
2 tomatoes
salt & pepper

Preheat the oven to 350F/177C. Remove the seeds from the peppers and cut
into thin strips lengthwise. Wash and cut the eggplant and gourds into
thin horizontal slices. Skin the tomatoes, remove the seeds and slice
thinly. Fill an oven-to-table dish using the strips of vegetables,
alternating the colours. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and drizzle olive
oil over the top. Cover with foil and cook for one hour until the
vegetables are fairly dry. Serve the vegetables hot or cold.

Jill
Old September 18th 13, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:
I simply insert in into everything I cook. Its in
what I cooked today and will remain so.

Good raw with a dipping sauce (by itself or as part of a crudite
platter). I recall people stuffing the large ones (ala egg-plant) and
baking them.

They are pretty prolific, aren't they? (I recall a cartoon several
years ago showing a masked, caped individual sneaking away from
someone's front door, leaving a large bag of zucchini behind him.)

LOL. The reverse thief!

--
Joyce

I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman
Old September 18th 13, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

I simply insert in into everything I cook. Its in
what I cooked today and will remain so.

So... what exactly *did* you cook today?

Old September 18th 13, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I simply insert in into everything I cook. Its in
what I cooked today and will remain so.

So... what exactly *did* you cook today?

--
Joyce

A pound of ground beef, fried with onions and courgettes, with thick beef
gravy and a good helping of tomato puree in it. Mushrooms added if I have
them, but I didn't.
I can get three different meals from that if I separate it into three parts.
1. Add garam masala and curry spices to make a korma. Eat with rice or
wraps (I put it in wraps this time)
2. Eat as made with potatoes and home grown green beans and cabbage.
3. Add chilli powder, garlic and red kidney beans for chilli con carne. Eat
with rice or in wraps.

The 4th option is spaghetti bolognese, but you really need mushrooms for
that, then just add Italian-type spices.

In all cases, make sure you chop up your courgettes and put them in there
;-)

Next week I will use some diced beef I have in my freezer in my slow cooker,
and courgettes will be included. I don't want to waste them if I can eat
them, but actually they won't be wasted if they get too much for me as my
chickens will eat them and turn them into eggs.
The problem with courgettes is because they are frost tender they fruit over
only a few weeks and if you take your eye off them they get massive in a
week!
Grace-over-the-road-from-me has taken two biggies to make chutney with. She
makes chutney and
jam to raise money for her bowling club. She also jumps out of aeroplanes
for the same aim. She's 89.
That's the kind of neighbour we used to have here.
Tweed