New food

Old September 23rd 13, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default New food

I'm trying Boyfie on Butcher's Classic tins. It might be better than Whiskas
and he likes it.
Today he does, anyway.
It has a lot more meat in than is normally claimed for his pouches and no
gluten and no sugar.
I might keep him on it depending whether it upsets his tummy.

Old September 23rd 13, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" judith@sick-of- Christina Websell
wrote:
I'm trying Boyfie on Butcher's Classic tins. It might be better than
Whiskas and he likes it. Today he does, anyway. It has a lot more meat
in than is normally claimed for his pouches and no gluten and no sugar.
I might keep him on it depending whether it upsets his tummy.

I hope it suits him and he still likes it tomorrow.

I think I'll try it with Sootie. It sounds good.

Judith

Butcher's always made very good food for dogs and now they are trying the
cat market.
Seems very good food. Boyfie loves it and there is nothing in it for me to
worry about.

Tweed

Old September 24th 13, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Butcher's Classic tins. [...] no gluten and no sugar.

Our lot like it. It's one of the cheaper brands and "no gluten"
is essential - our Chloe would probably die within weeks if she
went back on a diet that included gluten.

There seems to be very little in print or in veterinary folklore
about gluten intolerance in cats, but we've had two (unrelated)
who had it badly. Maybe somebody needs to make more of an issue
of it.

Old September 24th 13, 09:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Christina Websell wrote:

I'm trying Boyfie on Butcher's Classic tins. It might be better than Whiskas
and he likes it.
Today he does, anyway.
It has a lot more meat in than is normally claimed for his pouches and no
gluten and no sugar.
I might keep him on it depending whether it upsets his tummy.

If you can find it (I think ASDA sell it), Webbox cat food is also
gluten-free, reasonably priced, and mine seem to like it. They love the
treats especially!

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old September 24th 13, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Monday, September 23, 2013 12:01:24 PM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:
I'm trying Boyfie on Butcher's Classic tins. It might be better than Whiskas

Not seen it around here but will keep an eye out for it as it sounds good

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 25th 13, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Butcher's Classic tins. [...] no gluten and no sugar.

Our lot like it. It's one of the cheaper brands and "no gluten"
is essential - our Chloe would probably die within weeks if she
went back on a diet that included gluten.

There seems to be very little in print or in veterinary folklore
about gluten intolerance in cats, but we've had two (unrelated)
who had it badly. Maybe somebody needs to make more of an issue
of it.

Perhaps it should be you ;-)

I hadn't realised that cats could have a problem with gluten intolerance. I
didn't buy it because Boyfie is gluten intolerant, he isn't but because it
seems to have more meat in (and, no "various sugars", you know what I'm
like about protecting my lad's teeth!)
It wasn't expensive, like you say.
6 x 400g tins, 3 flavours, for £2.50.

Butcher's have a good reputation with canned dog food, so I thought I've
give it a go.

Tweed

Old September 25th 13, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
I'm trying Boyfie on Butcher's Classic tins. It might be better than
Whiskas
and he likes it.
Today he does, anyway.
It has a lot more meat in than is normally claimed for his pouches and no
gluten and no sugar.
I might keep him on it depending whether it upsets his tummy.

That's what Baggy eats most of the time.

The only thing is it comes in cans and Boyfie is far fonder of the first
meal from the can than the second, presumably because he's used to having a
fresh pouch every meal. Pouches are 100g each and these cans are 400g, so I
tend to give him quite a bit more each meal.
Believe it or not, he could not eat all his teatime meal tonight, that's a
first! he will polish it off when he gets up later from hs duvet, around 8
pm and probably won't ask for his sprinkles at 10 pm, which is a good thing.

Tweed

Old September 25th 13, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I'm trying Boyfie on Butcher's Classic tins. It might be better than
Whiskas
and he likes it.
Today he does, anyway.
It has a lot more meat in than is normally claimed for his pouches and no
gluten and no sugar.
I might keep him on it depending whether it upsets his tummy.

If you can find it (I think ASDA sell it), Webbox cat food is also
gluten-free, reasonably priced, and mine seem to like it. They love the
treats especially!

I've only seen Webbox treats in my local Asda which is quite a big store,
not the cat food.
As I said upthread, Boyfie doesn't need a gluten-free food, I just liked the
idea of more actual meat in it and that the manufacturers cared enough to
keep gluten out of it in case it was an issue.
He does like it, but the chunks are larger than he likes, but hey, his teeth
are perfect, prob
ably due to my no-sugar-in-his food policy.

As he was able to eat a whole collared dove very recently except for one
wing, his claim that he would prefer his new cat food to have smaller chunks
goes unheard ;-)

Tweed

Old September 25th 13, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
On Monday, September 23, 2013 12:01:24 PM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:
I'm trying Boyfie on Butcher's Classic tins. It might be better than
Whiskas

Not seen it around here but will keep an eye out for it as it sounds good

Lesley

It's in my local Asda, and worth a try to see if your girls like it.

Tweed

Old September 25th 13, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Alas no ASDA near us but if it turns up there then sooner or later it'll be in one of the other stores nearby- in fact I think I may have seen it in "Wilkinson's" so as I need to pop there on Sunday for some other bits I'll look our for it