meowmie, the hoomin mattress

Old December 30th 03, 03:24 AM
Brenda

Default meowmie, the hoomin mattress

I stretched out on the sofa for a little afternoon nap, and Emily
immediately claimed "her" spot on my lap (is it still a "lap" when one is
lying down?) Then Max hopped up by my feet and curled up between my ankles.
I was just nodding off when Pea climbed on to my chest and settled in.

All three cats were still on me when I woke up.

Brenda, the hoomin mattress.

Old December 30th 03, 06:32 AM
Marina

"Brenda" wrote
I stretched out on the sofa for a little afternoon nap, and Emily
immediately claimed "her" spot on my lap (is it still a "lap" when one is
lying down?) Then Max hopped up by my feet and curled up between my

ankles.
I was just nodding off when Pea climbed on to my chest and settled in.

All three cats were still on me when I woke up.

Brenda, the hoomin mattress.

Aww. It's not just the softness, it's the warmth that is more attractive
than a normal mattress. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 30th 03, 09:49 PM
Charleen Welton

"Brenda" wrote in message

is it still a "lap" when one is lying down?)

That is the question Kitty Dad and I (Kitty Mom) ponder frequently. We are
waiting for the cat language tanslator to come on to the market so that we
can take a poll of our three!

Charleen

Old December 30th 03, 10:11 PM
Julie Cook

Brenda wrote:

I stretched out on the sofa for a little afternoon nap, and Emily
immediately claimed "her" spot on my lap (is it still a "lap" when one is
lying down?) Then Max hopped up by my feet and curled up between my ankles.
I was just nodding off when Pea climbed on to my chest and settled in.

All three cats were still on me when I woke up.

Brenda, the hoomin mattress.

Awwww. I know it is said to be careful for what you wish, but I wish
mine would sleep on me like that. All three of ours will sleep in the
bed with us, near our feet but never against us or on top of us when
we're lying on the sofa. Hmmm, then again, since Hobbes weighs 25 lbs
now I should probably count my blessings.

Julie

Old December 30th 03, 11:46 PM
Brenda

"Julie Cook" wrote in message

Brenda wrote:

I stretched out on the sofa for a little afternoon nap, and Emily
immediately claimed "her" spot on my lap (is it still a "lap" when one is
lying down?) Then Max hopped up by my feet and curled up between my

ankles.
I was just nodding off when Pea climbed on to my chest and settled in.

All three cats were still on me when I woke up.

Brenda, the hoomin mattress.

Awwww. I know it is said to be careful for what you wish, but I wish
mine would sleep on me like that. All three of ours will sleep in the
bed with us, near our feet but never against us or on top of us when
we're lying on the sofa. Hmmm, then again, since Hobbes weighs 25 lbs
now I should probably count my blessings.

Julie

yes - I'm grateful that Pea, who is fond of sleeping on my stomach, only
weighs 9 lbs.
Brenda

Old December 31st 03, 01:34 AM
KKat

"Julie Cook" wrote in message

Awwww. I know it is said to be careful for what you wish, but I wish
mine would sleep on me like that. All three of ours will sleep in the
bed with us, near our feet but never against us or on top of us when
we're lying on the sofa. Hmmm, then again, since Hobbes weighs 25 lbs
now I should probably count my blessings.

Julie

I fell down a flight of stairs about a month ago and was laid up for a few
days. The 2nd day (when the pain was the worst) I was propped up on the
couch with pillows supporting my left arm and leg. Lucy settled between my
knees, pressed against my bruised knee. Demon crawled up and snuggled into
my chest...purring against my dislocated collar bone. Missy, took up
position on the pillow just to the right of my head so I could lean my head
against her......she makes a great pillow. Very soft and mushy. g

Laying there, listening to the 3 of them purring was the first bit of rest I
got after the fall. No mere hoomin can resist the sedative effect of not
one but *3* purring furfaces.

They pulled the same routine when I had the flu the week before Xmas...I was
in bed in a feverish stupor for three days. Everytime I woke up from the
fever dreams, there were at least 2 kitties purring over me. Of course,
that time could have been because of the amount of heat I was putting off
from the fever.

--
Kat

"You cannot move mountains if you believe them to be mountains.
You must think of them as collections of small stones,
Which can be moved one at a time, and then reassembled."
-- The Tao of Meow

http://photos.yahoo.com/kiffens

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/lifewithfurballs.html

Old December 31st 03, 06:39 AM
Christine Burel

"Brenda" wrote in message
I stretched out on the sofa for a little afternoon nap, and Emily
immediately claimed "her" spot on my lap (is it still a "lap" when one is
lying down?) Then Max hopped up by my feet and curled up between my

ankles.
I was just nodding off when Pea climbed on to my chest and settled in.

All three cats were still on me when I woke up.

Brenda, the hoomin mattress.

Brenda, how sweet! I've recently had the same experience with Robin,
Midnight & Tucker. I did think it was because they love me but I'm also
having a sneaking suspicion it had something to do with the down comforter
over me!
Christine

Old December 31st 03, 06:41 AM
Christine Burel

"KKat" wrote in message
"Julie Cook" wrote in message

[...]

Hope you're on the mend for sure now, KKat! Give your kitties scritches for
their nursing care!
Christine

Old December 31st 03, 07:09 AM
Marina

"Christine Burel" wrote

Brenda, how sweet! I've recently had the same experience with Robin,
Midnight & Tucker. I did think it was because they love me but I'm also
having a sneaking suspicion it had something to do with the down comforter
over me!

Christine, it sounds as if Midnight has accepted the "new kids on the
block". That's wonderful progress.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 1st 04, 04:16 AM
Takayuki

"KKat" wrote:

I fell down a flight of stairs about a month ago and was laid up for a few
days. The 2nd day (when the pain was the worst) I was propped up on the
couch with pillows supporting my left arm and leg. Lucy settled between my
knees, pressed against my bruised knee. Demon crawled up and snuggled into
my chest...purring against my dislocated collar bone. Missy, took up
position on the pillow just to the right of my head so I could lean my head
against her......she makes a great pillow. Very soft and mushy. g

How terrible for you to fall down the stairs. Again! Maybe Demon was
trying to make up for the time he made you fall down the stairs?