Pete the hospital cat (Part 2)

Old June 19th 04, 04:51 AM
Mischief

Default Pete the hospital cat (Part 2)

Got a roast beef sandwich from the deli today. I was sitting in the
breakroom watching People's court eating it, with Pete at my elbow
examining my every move. He tried to walk from the desk he was
sitting on to the TV tray and paw at the sandwich.

I shooed him off and he jumped to the ground. The sandwich wasn't
very good, so I put the rest in the styrofoam container and closed it.
I sat back and was watching TV and relaxing when Pete jumped into my
lap asking for attention. So I scritched him and he started purring.

My focus was on the TV, so I wasn't paying too close attention to
Pete.
Suddenly I hear this crunching sound. I look at Pete and the little
varmint is chewing the corner of the styrofoam container in an attempt
to open it.

He got evicted from the lap. When my lunch break was over, he looked
at me hoping that I would throw the sandwich away in the garbage can
so he could retrieve it later. So I threw it away in the kitchen
which he can't get to.

Silly cat.

Kristi
Old June 20th 04, 01:49 AM
~*Connie*~

We have a resident dog at the clinic where I work. She is as big a scrounge
as your Pete.. I once opened up a bottle of pet tabs, that the vets use to
bribe the dogs into enjoying their stay, and she did an almost about face -
a hard feat on the linoleum floors we have, and headed right for me, knowing
full well Ive never given her anything.

om...

Old June 20th 04, 05:07 AM
Takayuki

CATherine wrote:

Mean ole Kristi! Schtupid rules!! Kitties gotta eat tidbits from
hoomin sammiches!

LOL! Betty feels the same way. She usually doesn't get human food,
but if I'm eating any kind of ham or turkey, she's allowed to
"accidentally" swipe a little bit.

Old June 20th 04, 07:28 AM
Mischief

I know I know! Poor Pete!!

And since it's the only breakroom, EVERYONE eats in there, so I bet at
times it must be torture for Pete. But my supervisor Jen and the
doctors wouldn't be happy if Pete gained weight from people food. Not
to mention that too much people food is WAY unhealthy for cats. There
was a cat in today that was a portly 19.4 pounds. Once in a previous
job, I saw a cat that was 25+. The vet and I were muttering, "This is
a case of diabetes just waiting to happen...."

Today Pete tried to get at my Taco Bell. After shooing him away, i
look up and my co-worker is licking his fingers after finishing his
lunch from El Pollo Loco and Pete's face was literally INCHES from his
hands. It was so funny!! But Pete didn't get anything, but I made
it up to him by lying down for a rest. He hopped onto my stomach,
kneaded my chest and settled down with a resounding purr. If I
stopped, he would would gently paw my cheek so I would keep scritching
him.

I'll see him again on Monday.

Kristi