Shots?

Old June 14th 04, 05:05 PM
Jim Foyle

To summarize the consensus, what I hear you saying is:

1. Rabies shots are necessary because they are required by law.
2. Distemper shot is unanimously considered good.
3. Leukemia shot is recommended for outdoor cats.
4. FIP is not recommended
5. FIV is not recommended but there are exceptions.

So it looks like my little guy will get the distemper shot for sure.

What wasn't answered is frequency. The local vet recommends all shots
annually. But I checked another vet who says every 3 years,
unfortunately I don't recall for which shots.

1. Distemper - what frequency?
2. Leukemia - what frequency?

Thanks,
Jim

Old June 15th 04, 07:55 AM
Sherry

Rabies vaccination can be given every year or every three years--which
frequency depends on the requirements of local law.

I have also heard that, if your cat is health-compromised, that your vet can
write a letter that exempts the cat from the law. I don't have any experience
with this first-hand, though.
Sherry

Old June 15th 04, 04:46 PM
Jim Foyle

"Yngver" wrote in message

Rabies vaccination can be given every year or every three years--which
frequency depends on the requirements of local law.

Anybody know what Texas requires?

Jim