drive-by picture posting

Old September 10th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default drive-by picture posting

cybercat wrote:

Precious. If we get Boo all worked up into a good purr, then try to stop
petting her, she slaps at us, but to get us to stay. She also hisses if
she is comfortable on a lap and the lap owner moves. No sense of
entitlement there.

She's just reinforcing your training :-)
Old September 10th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jean B.

Lynne wrote:
Hey everyone! I hope you are well. I just thought I'd stop in a post a
picture of Levi, the little kitten who once swallowed a latex teat. He's
finally recovered from his recent adventures with crystals and is back
to being my happy, sweet little boy again. He is 2 years old now and
STILL tries to suckle on my lip at every opportunity!

http://www.fototime.com/B8DF928D275C085/orig.jpg

Awwwww/ But crystals? :-(

--
Jean B.
Old September 10th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Jean B. wrote:

Awwwww/ But crystals? :-(

Yeah, bladder crystals. Levi has FHV and stress negatively impacts his
health. After having some work done on the house over several weeks, he
started straining to pee. I rushed him to the emergency hospital, and
thankfully he was not blocked, but we had some trouble getting him back
in balance. He's all better now!! :-)
Old September 10th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to Lynne :

Awwwww/ But crystals? :-(

Yeah, bladder crystals. Levi has FHV and stress negatively
impacts his health. After having some work done on the house
over several weeks, he started straining to pee. I rushed him
to the emergency hospital, and thankfully he was not blocked,
but we had some trouble getting him back in balance. He's all
better now!! :-)

I hope this doesn't sound too stupid... but how did you notice he was
having troubles? I mean, is the litter box visible to you? Did he
vocalize discomfort?

Now, stick out that lip. ; )

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 11th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl[_4_]

Lynne :

Awwwww/ But crystals? :-(

Yeah, bladder crystals. Levi has FHV and stress negatively
impacts his health. After having some work done on the house
over several weeks, he started straining to pee. I rushed him
to the emergency hospital, and thankfully he was not blocked,
but we had some trouble getting him back in balance. He's all
better now!! :-)

Now I see why I missed your post before. I block all gmail.com due to spam.

He is so pretty. Thanks for sending the pics!

Cheryl

Old September 11th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stampir

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
Matthew wrote:
such a beautiful master

I think so! Someone here (Cybercat?) once described him as "plush" and he
soooooo lives up to that.

He definitely has a plush coat. Quite beautiful actually.

Old September 11th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

Lynne wrote in
m:

outsider wrote:

Oh, that sweet innocent thing couldn't get into any trouble.

Hey! I'm not getting any younger and you just made me choke from
laughing too hard!!

oopse!

Old September 11th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

-Lost wrote:

I hope this doesn't sound too stupid... but how did you notice he was
having troubles? I mean, is the litter box visible to you? Did he
vocalize discomfort?

Oh, not stupid! I totally noticed, and I credit my recognition of what
was happening with posts I have read on this very newsgroup! And I am
soooo grateful. With male cats especially (since males are more likely
to have urinary tract problems), it's pretty important IMO to observe
their litter box habits. If they strain to pee, even just a little,
something is definitely up. Another symptom cats may exhibit when they
have problems is urinating (or trying to urinate) outside of the litter
box, because they start to associate the box with pain. If they develop
a blockage, surgery becomes a requirement. Left untreated, the
situation can become life threatening (someone please correct me if I am
wrong).

For Levi, when the workmen were here, he was mostly using the litter box
in the basement. He normally likes to use the box in the master
bathroom when I am on my "throne." I don't know how long he was having
problems, but one night I saw that he was straining to urinate. It was
horrible to watch, the poor little guy. After he strained for a bit, he
didn't pass any urine as far as I could tell. I was sure he was
blocked. I was beside myself with worry, and took him to the emergency
vet even though I have a wondeful vet who was open at the time!
Thankfully he wasn't blocked, but I wasn't taking any chances. It took
a couple of months to get him cleared up as his pH went all over the
place with the dietary changes.

The most important advice I can give you is to feed only wet food (every
12 hours) and have an uncovered litter box someplace where you can
observe potty habits and detect any problems ASAP.

Now, stick out that lip. ; )

:::snicker:::
Old September 11th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Stampir wrote:

He definitely has a plush coat. Quite beautiful actually.

Thank you. :-)

His beauty never ceases to amaze me.
Old September 11th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stampir

"Lynne" wrote in message
Stampir wrote:

He definitely has a plush coat. Quite beautiful actually.

Thank you. :-)

His beauty never ceases to amaze me.

I should've of said handsome! He's a handsome
boy!