fleas

Old September 8th 05, 03:50 PM
David Spicer

Default fleas

Mine is ridden, any ideas excepting drops to integrate with blood.

Old September 8th 05, 04:36 PM
Calvin Rice

Advantage has always worked totally and very fast with all of
my cats no matter how many fleas they had.

-cr

Old September 8th 05, 04:50 PM
5cats

David Spicer wrote:

Mine is ridden, any ideas excepting drops to integrate with blood.

Frontline works wonders. I remember fighting fleas before Frontline was
available, this way is sooo much better. I think it is only available from
vets. I've heard Advantage is good too.
Old September 8th 05, 07:09 PM
Calvin Rice

5cats wrote:
... I've heard Advantage is good too.

I've never used Frontline, but Advantage works fast, wiping
out a cat's fleas within 12 hours.

-cr

Old September 9th 05, 12:31 AM
AZ Nomad

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:50:37 GMT, David Spicer wrote:

Mine is ridden, any ideas excepting drops to integrate with blood.

why not?

You need a multipronged approach.
1) Get a hightech antiflea medicine like topspot. I've found flea collars
to be worthless; ditto for flea powder. Don't use a hartz products;
they're deadly!
2) vacuum every square inch of carpeting, throw the bag out
3) use a flea comb while waiting for the anti-flea medicine to break
the flea's lifecycle.
4) wash every single scrap of clothing. Don't leave any dirty clothing or
sheets unwashed.
5) vacuum the entire house again, throw the second bag out too.
6) if you live in an infested area and have an indoor/outdoor cat, comb
kitty everytime you let kitty in.