A visitor

Old September 1st 04, 08:48 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default A visitor

Since returning from France there's been a visitor to Chateau Simmons. One that
is not welcome according to the feline residents - especially according to
Waffles. It's a lilac tortie point (I think) siamese, intact male. As the doors
& windows are left open when we are in, so that Waffles, Francis & Marble can
come and go during the day, we've had a visitor *inside* the office, as is
evident from the scent of tom-cat pee.... Sigh...

I find the cat sitting outside by the back door, and on one occasion attempting
to get in the open door dining room doors out into the garden.

Tonight after returning from the club cycle event, I pulled up in the car and
who should be sitting there, as if waiting to come in? Yup, one lilac tortie
point male. He was quite wary of me and ran off, but I do speak cat. So I spoke
some siamese yowls and he came over. He's a young cat, definitely intact,
vocal, and didn't mind being picked up. He has a loud purr. He had no obvious
ID on him :-( I need a plan to find out if he has a human and if so, how to
suggest he/she has him neutered.

I gave him a bowl of food, which he wolfed down in seconds, as if he hadn't
been fed for a month at least, but as we all know, cats can *lie* about this
;-)

I hope to gain his confidence enough that I can put a collar on him, with note
attached to see if I can get his owner to contact me. If no owner comes forward
and the cat keeps coming back, then I'll take it from there - like to the vet
to see if he's been microchipped (the cat, not the vet). But I'm taking it
slowly - for the sake of the cat and to really try to see if it's got an owner
who can be educated about neutering...

Wish me luck and any suggestions?

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old September 1st 04, 09:01 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article ,
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers at
omcom wrote on
9/1/04 2:48 PM:

[...]

If he has a human, just say "Wow. What a great cat, I really like him. I
wanted to ask if you could get him neutered though, as being intact, he
sprays my house."

If no human responds, neuter him yourself and "Congratulations!!!! What's
his name?"

Old September 1st 04, 09:19 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

If he has a human, just say "Wow. What a great cat, I really like him. I
wanted to ask if you could get him neutered though, as being intact, he
sprays my house."

That's my intention. I'm just not noted for my tact ;-)

If no human responds, neuter him yourself and "Congratulations!!!! What's
his name?"

You know, I'd *love* to have a Siamese. Indeed, I've often said that if I ever
got one, it would have to be a rescue as 1. I can't afford breeder prices and
2. I don't like encouraging the breeding of yet more cats when there's so many
strays, so my peronal ethics would mean that it would have to be a rescue. BUT,
and it's a big BUT, Waffles has made it clear that she does not want another
cat around and I've had past problems with her overgrooming through the stress
of being bullied by Marble... and also I really, really, really can't afford
another cat. I'm acutely aware of the responsibilities of giving a cat a home
and of the long-term costs involved. It's a dilemma I hope I don't actually
have to face.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old September 1st 04, 09:23 PM
Christina Websell

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
[...]

What occurs to me is that he could be someone's stud cat that has escaped
somehow, in which case they would be extremely pleased to get him back
complete with appendages ;-)
My suggestions are - my first step would be to report his whereabouts to the
police and after that contact all the local vet surgeries. His owners might
be going crazy looking for him.
There can't be that many lilac tortie point Siamese males in your area,
surely. Someone is bound to know him.
Good luck.

Tweed

Old September 1st 04, 09:27 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article ,
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers at
omcom wrote on
9/1/04 3:19 PM:

[...]

Well, if he hangs around long enough, it might just be gradual enough that
Waffles thinks he is part of the scenery

Old September 1st 04, 10:14 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Well, if he hangs around long enough, it might just be gradual enough that
Waffles thinks he is part of the scenery

hah! Already tonight she's been sat on the windowsill *staring* out at him -
growling, hissing and with her tail like a Christmas tree followed by her crab
dance along said windowsill...

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Visitor cat John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 2 July 5th 04 01:33 PM
a visitor Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 3 March 12th 04 08:06 AM
I have a visitor wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX Cat anecdotes 34 August 12th 03 09:41 PM